Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,292 members, 7,860,699 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video (5991 Views)

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Amhatu(m): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2010
Keep up the Good work Fashola.

Hope You are elected again.

The LRT (Light Rail Transit) Red & Blue lines when complete will give many people in Lagos State great happiness.

Lets Not Forget you even inspired a Northern Governor to look at how you are doing the transportation sector in Lagos State to possibly implement in the Northern State,

That is real Leadership. grin

----------------------------------
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by honeric01(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2010
Uhmmmm nice one, Fashola abeg talk to the lecturers oo (LASU), they should go back to work and stop wasting young people's future.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ShangoThor(m): 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2010
[size=20pt]Any pro Fashola supporter is a Sychophant, WTF[/size]

What an absolutely nonsensical argument. I have come across this before, and it is absolutely ludicrous. How can an individual assert that the crowd at L.S.E. had a “sycophantic nature”. So everybody in that crowd was sucking up to BRF because they wanted contracts from him.
Furthermore, anybody that is pro BRF has ulterior motives, a sycophant.
Simply put, there are those pro BRF, and those against. Those pro base their support on what they deem as the progress (implementation of policies and measures) that his administration has made, that has had a positive impact on their lives.
Those against cite that he (BRF) has not done enough in his tenure and that he should have been able to deliver more irrespective of clawing back from over two decades of virtually unaccountable military government, without actually proposing any decent or tangible measures themselves.
The bottom line is both camps have a right to express their opinions. You are either for or against, that is the way to present arguments, and not to accuse people of being sycophants as if so many people have access to BRF.
I swear that there is something wrong with most Nigerians ability to reason, for fc.uk sake.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by tpia5: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
I swear that there is something wrong with most Nigerians ability to reason

are you just finding that out. undecided
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by mapet: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2010
There is something wrong with Sowore in the first place.

1. Asking questions without getting his facts right.
2. Making allegations that cannot be substantiated with facts.
3. Getting upset and asking Fashola "why are you upset?"
4. With his inferiority complex he's simply a disgrace, WTF does he mean that if it were a BBC reporter now, does he thing BBC made the name and fame asking stupid questions and cry-baby attitude like dat?
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by mbulela: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2010
mapet:

There is something wrong with Sowore in the first place.

1. Asking questions without getting his facts right.
2. Making allegations that cannot be substantiated with facts.
3. Getting upset and asking Fashola "why are you upset?"
4. With his inferiority complex he's simply a disgrace, WTF does he mean that if it were a BBC reporter now, does he thing BBC made the name and fame asking silly questions and cry-baby attitude like dat?
thank you for your post.
I also was expecting the guy to come with some evidence to butress the accusations.
After all, these allegations are nothing new.a proof of evidence would have been a fresh development.
I would advice the guy to attend a short diploma course in journalism.
It would do him and his readers a lot of good.
all these passion without finesse would just be like a political City People.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by morpheus24: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2010
Sorry to say but those Sahara reporters lost credibility and are weakening their news agency. Fashola butressed the points quite eloquently and addressed al their issues without going into specifics.

Nigerians just look for the sllightest opporutnity (which they rarely have) to challenge leaders in the hop of shedding the spotlight on themselves.

In this Instance, Fashola 1: Sahara reporters :

Sorry!!!
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by babapupa: 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2010
This is nothing but another missed opportunity for sahara, people offer you their time to interview them and discuss important issues your readers care about, not to insult and ridicule them, def not on behalf of your readers. They really need to stop conducting interviews like jack a/sees.

And the fool was yelling and making silly comments  like a brat after the man just sat down and answered your questions like a gentleman? What an a/ss hole . People are gonna start ignoring and denying them interviews if their only interview skills is insults and immature antics.

So the man don't read your stuff, is it by force to read?  I just don't get these clowns and their dumb and childish arguments.  Do they really think Fashola is gonna sit down for an interview with them again?
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by safetyman1: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2010
After watching this video, I was seriously annoyed with Sowore (SR). He has not really changed since his days in UNILAG, He still has this 'area-boy' student unionism approach to issues. I expect that by now we all should have grown-up from this attitude !. Sowore was very rude, biased and unproffessional in the interview and I think with time, he is going to bring his Sahara Reporter website to serious image problem. Generally, one thing I have noticed with we Nigerians, is this 'pull him down' sydrome. We like to pull our selves down ! which I don't think is a good thing. Even Sowore that is talking, when he was UNILAG student union president, there where lots of corruption allegation levelled against him. He who is not guilty, let him caste the first stone ! angry
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by occam(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2010
What’s wrong with Sowore’s approach to asking questions? Sometimes you have to ruffle the feathers of politicians to get them to respond. It’s a provocative style, but great leaders should know how to handle these kinds of questions. We may not like his style, but the important thing is that was he helping in the quest for the truth.

I admire what Gov Fashola is doing in Lagos state; in fact anytime I visit Lagos I’m always impressed at how much his administration is doing to make Lagos a better place to live. And I believe he is by far the best performing Governor in Nigeria; he deserves that accolade. However, I was very disappointed at the manner he responded to the questions. Yes, he educated us on the process of disbursement of federal revenue to the states, but that was not we wanted to know. Besides if the process was iron-clad how come Ibori siphoned so much money from Delta state?

While affirming that Tinubu is not the owner of Alpa Beta, he should have provided a more reassuring answer like who exactly is (are) the registered owners of Alpha Beta. If a private company is collecting revenue on behalf of the people of Lagos state, information on the major Shareholders and Directors should be public knowledge. This should not be shrouded in secrecy. The question of the relationship between Tinubu and this present administration seems to hang in the air.

His body language , the moment he heard it was Sahara Reporter asking the questions became very dismissive towards the reporter and almost like “this nuisance again”. And finally to come out and say “I don’t read you” was really arrogant and uncalled for. This for me was not one of his finest moments.

And those people clapping and cheering in the background were really nauseating.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by mapet: 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2010
@ Occam

1. There is nothing wrong with asking questions but Sowore who brought the question should have provided evidence to what he's alluding especially wrt to Tinubu's alledge ownership of ABC. Sowore asked a question that bothers on some allehgation and I believe Fashola answered him with the same basis of his generalising. it is not Fashola's business to provide evidence  on ownership of ABC. If people like Sowore or any other persons asking such questions wants answers, then forward march to CAC Abuja and get the facts. I don't know why ppl are that lazy to do simple research

2. I am not with you about his body language when he heard Sahara reporters. What I observed was that Fashola demonstrated good listening quality which is an hallmark of good poise, polish and management. Fashola took notes (writing them on his note pad) of the 3 questions (the supposedly consolidated in one) Sowore asked and he answered them accordingly.

3. wrt to ABC's percentage, that's another issue. In a Capitalist world that is what happens. In the future if another government feels they can match that with the organs and workforce of government, they excuse ABC and continue Sikena. I'm not so bothered because ppl can mouth a lot of this but the big question is how come other government could not come up with intelligent ways to raise the IGR by over 3000%

For me Tinubu could be the owner of ABC yet operating in the background; we may not know. But in the context of our discussion, He who makes the allegations must substantiate it.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Bloejoey(m): 8:26am On Nov 23, 2010
My respect for Fashola just went up a notch, this man knows wat he is doing, people should leave him alone and let him do his work, he has a job to do, and i liked the way he calmly answered the questions. On the other hand that reporetr or journalist guy was too confrontational as if he had bif wit d guv or sumtin, i mean goin as far as followin him out of the conference room, i have a feeling he was sent joor.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by mbulela: 9:54am On Nov 23, 2010
occam:

What’s wrong with Sowore’s approach to asking questions? Sometimes you have to ruffle the feathers of politicians to get them to respond. It’s a provocative style, but great leaders should know how to handle these kinds of questions. We may not like his style, but the important thing is that was he helping in the quest for the truth.

I admire what Gov Fashola is doing in Lagos state; in fact anytime I visit Lagos I’m always impressed at how much his administration is doing to make Lagos a better place to live. And I believe he is by far the best performing Governor in Nigeria; he deserves that accolade. However, I was very disappointed at the manner he responded to the questions. Yes, he educated us on the process of disbursement of federal revenue to the states, but that was not we wanted to know. Besides if the process was iron-clad how come Ibori siphoned so much money from Delta state? 

While affirming that Tinubu is not the owner of Alpa Beta, he should have provided a more reassuring answer like who exactly is (are) the registered owners of Alpha Beta. If a private company is collecting revenue on behalf of the people of Lagos state, information on the major Shareholders and Directors should be public knowledge. This should not be shrouded in secrecy. The question of the relationship between Tinubu and this present administration seems to hang in the air.

His body language , the moment he heard it was Sahara Reporter asking the questions became very dismissive towards the reporter and almost like “this nuisance again”.  And finally to come out and say “I don’t read you” was really arrogant and uncalled for. This for me was not one of his finest moments.

And those people clapping and cheering in the background were really nauseating.

His body language , the moment he heard it was Sahara Reporter asking the questions became very dismissive towards the reporter and almost like “this nuisance again?
Are you imagining it or you were expecting him to call Sowore to the stage and give him a bear hug?
It is not like Fashola is the the most emotive person around.

While affirming that Tinubu is not the owner of Alpa Beta, he should have provided a more reassuring answer like who exactly is (are) the registered owners of Alpha Beta.
Are you kidding me? Does Sowore not know where CACC is? Should Fashola be reeling off the owners of every company doing business with the government at every turn?Sowore is making an accusation, what stops him from providing a proof or solid evidence.Let it be that Fashola tells him that the document is forged or fake.

And finally to come out and say “I don’t read you” was really arrogant and uncalled for.
Many people on this forum have said they don't read Sahara, does that make them arrogant?
On several instances i have relayed breaking news to friends and when i tell them the source (Sahara), they say wait until someone more reputable carries it.

Your nauseousness was probably bias induced. I also think i heard some approval when Sowore was shouting his questions.
On almost every televised tv interview i have seen in the best of media the audience express their emotions for or against the speakers.

We may not like his style, but the important thing is that was he helping in the quest for the truth.
He is undoing his good works by his uncouth attitude.
Notice that no one has argued with the content of his questions but his conduct.
media business is a dignified business.all that guerilla tactics have its place but its place is exagerrated in a democracy.

Fashola is no saint and in fact i am pessimistic about the entire political space but we have to do things with some decorum.
I am not a fan of Fashola as i think the hype around him is excessive.
There is nothing that Sowore said there that is groundbreaking,it has been discussed in every internet forum and in beer parlours.
What is needed is proof to butress the points. That is the iinvestigative journalism that is needed.
Else we are better off lynching all our governors and NASS members with burnt tyres and practicing criminality in the name of militancy.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by occam(m): 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2010
@ mbulela

Ok, lets agree to disagree about Sowore's style: I like it, you don't. Period

My concern is about transparency in govt. Gov Fashola should have gone the extra mile to shed more light on the thorny issue of Alpha Beta ownership & any perceived relationship with Tinubu. Simply saying "As far as I know, Gov Tinubu is not the owner of Alpha Beta" was not enough. A missed opportunity to show great leadership

This is a company that helps his administration collect NGN14 billion per month in revenue; not just a vendor that supplies books for Primary school. It's therefore a big deal that we know who they are, how they operate etc. And if there is any perception of corruption with this company, Gov Fashola should do more to assure people that this is false. Don't simply ask people to provide evidence

Some leaders in Nigeria believe they don't owe anyone explanation. When you question them too hard, they say you are too rude and refuse to respond properly or not at all. I think Fashola is falling into this class of politicians.

Well I wish the Gov all the best and hope any whiff of corruption does not dent the great work he's doing in Lagos state
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by babapupa: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2010
occam:

@ mbulela

Ok, lets agree to disagree about Sowore's style: I like it, you don't. Period

My concern is about transparency in govt. Gov Fashola should have gone the extra mile to shed more light on the thorny issue of Alpha Beta ownership & any perceived relationship with Tinubu. Simply saying "As far as I know, Gov Tinubu is not the owner of Alpha Beta" was not enough. A missed opportunity to show great leadership

This is a company that helps his administration collect NGN14 billion per month in revenue; not just a vendor that supplies books for Primary school. It's therefore a big deal that we know who they are, how they operate etc. And if there is any perception of corruption with this company, Gov Fashola should do more to assure people that this is false. Don't simply ask people to provide evidence             

Some leaders in Nigeria believe they don't owe anyone explanation. When you question them too hard, they say you are too rude and refuse to respond properly or not at all. I think Fashola is falling into this class of politicians.

Well I wish the Gov all the best and hope any whiff of corruption does not dent the great work he's doing in Lagos state

You are not making any sense, some of you just run your moth just for the heck of it. The argument here has nothing to do with accountability, the man sat there an answered every question thrown at him. The man said as far as I know. What part of that is confusing?

Too bad the governor did not offer you your desired details about ownership of some  company. Is it now part of the governor's job to start keeping tabs on who owns what within the state? The burden is on the investigative journalist to find answers to basic questions of ownership and it's not like the answer is locked in some volt, these are public records.

Too bad we have useless and intellectually  lazy news men wannabee, instead of doing the leg work and find answers to questions, they throw out silly and unfounded allegations. Then we have people like you with warped interpretation of journalism and professionalism going on and on about meaningless assertions. Are we not talking about the same video abi I missed some portions ni?

Find something better to do with your time and quit bothering us with meaningless rants.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by occam(m): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2010
babapupa:

You are not making any sense, some of you just run your moth just for the heck of it. The argument here has nothing to do with accountability, the man sat there an answered every question thrown at him. T[b]he man said as far as I know. What part of that is confusing?
[/b]
Too bad the governor did not offer you your desired details about ownership of some  company. Is it now part of the governor's job to start keeping tabs on who owns what within the state? The burden is on the investigative journalist to find answers to basic questions of ownership and it's not like the answer is locked in some volt, these are public records.

Too bad we have useless and intellectually  lazy news men wannabee, instead of doing the leg work and find answers to questions, they throw out silly and unfounded allegations. Then we have people like you with warped interpretation of journalism and professionalism going on and on about meaningless assertions. Are we not talking about the same video abi I missed some portions ni?

Find something better to do with your time and quit bothering us with meaningless rants.

So who the heck owns this company that is been handsomely remunerated to collect revenue for the state.? Why can't the Gov simply tell us and put this matter to rest? Revenue collection is an important function of Govt but if this is in private hands, then info about the company should be readily available. Which public record can we get this? Tell us since you know

BTW, I checked Alpha Beta's website; no information about the owners
http://www.alpha-beta.net/index.htm

I also sent an inquiry to CAC to help unfold this mystery.
http://www.cac.gov.ng/

People like you simply sit on your backside and accept any garbage tossed at you. Asking tough questions and seeking the truth from your elected representatives is your responsibility as a citizen.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by babapupa: 2:06am On Nov 24, 2010
occam:

So who the heck owns this company that is been handsomely remunerated to collect revenue for the state.? Why can't the Gov simply tell us and put this matter to rest? Revenue collection is an important function of Govt but if this is in private hands, then info about the company should be readily available. Which public record can we get this? Tell us since you know

BTW, I checked Alpha Beta's website; no information about the owners
http://www.alpha-beta.net/index.htm

I also sent an inquiry to CAC to help unfold this mystery.
http://www.cac.gov.ng/

People like you simply sit on your backside and accept any garbage tossed at you. Asking tough questions and seeking the truth from your elected representatives is your responsibility as a citizen.

You actually ransacked the company's website for ownership info? Do private companies normally provide ownership info on their websites? How old are? That was a foolish and redundant quest on your part.

Again, the man said to the best of his knowledge, Tinubu is not the owner. That more than sounds like NO, Tinubu is not the owner. What part of that is hard is so hard for you to understand? Or you're just challenged in the areas of reading and comprehension?

You're on the right track tho', keep sending your inquiries where ever you're sending them to, at least, you are trying and doing what the dumb and lazy journalist wannabee at Sahara should have done.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by occam(m): 5:44am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa:

You actually ransacked the company's website for ownership info? Do private companies normally provide ownership info on their websites? How old are? That was a foolish and redundant quest on your part.

Again, the man said to the best of his knowledge, Tinubu is not the owner. That more than sounds like NO, Tinubu is not the owner. What part of that is hard is so hard for you to understand? Or you're just challenged in the areas of reading and comprehension?

You're on the right track tho', keep sending your inquiries where ever you're sending them to, at least, you are trying and doing what the dumb and lazy journalist wannabee at Sahara should have done.

I see, it's all smokes and mirrors. They only put a website out there, with bits of information to make it all look real.

Well for folks like you ignorance is bliss; you don't want to rock the boat. You are easily shepherded so getting the real fact becomes a very difficult task.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by babapupa: 5:55am On Nov 24, 2010
The question was, Do private companies normally provide ownership info on their websites?

Yes Or No?

Again, going to that website looking for ownership info was a dumb move.

Now, who is making it hard for you to access public info? Is me or Fashola? Are we in charge of business registration and public records?

Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of some of you on NL,
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Nekab(f): 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2010
lol
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by martinosi: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2010
occam Said

His body language , the moment he heard it was Sahara Reporter asking the questions became very dismissive towards the reporter and almost like “this nuisance again”.  And finally to come out and say “I don’t read you” was really arrogant and uncalled for. This for me was not one of his finest moments.

Those Clapping and cheering at the back are all those Nigerian Foreign Students Businessmen, Nigerian Embassy in London Officials and "et al" that are one way or the other benefiting from the Lagos state Govt Revenue Purse and Nigeria's Fiscal Purse as a whole.

The ones who were acting like "A.s.s kissers" the most (according to my source there) were the Nigerian Foreign Students there ie those that are soon going to start coughing up £15,000 a minimum as schools fee's per year lol!!!
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by martinosi: 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2010
Bloejoey:

My respect for Fashola just went up a notch, this man knows wat he is doing, people should leave him alone and let him do his work, he has a job to do, and i liked the way he calmly answered the questions. On the other hand that reporetr or journalist guy was too confrontational as if he had bif wit d guv or sumtin, i mean goin as far as followin him out of the conference room, i have a feeling he was sent joor.

We need Micheal Moore to interview Fashola, and then we can Judge!!!
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by mbulela: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2010
martinosi:

We need Micheal Moore to interview Fashola, and then we can Judge!!!
At least Michael Moore uses hard facts and evidences.He does not resort to cheap blackmails (If i was BBC you would talk to me, why are you upset?).
The day anyone produces hard facts and evidences on these allegations against Fashola would b the end of the matter for Fashola and Tinubu.
As an example,see the way The NEWS magazine addressed Salisu Buhari's case then? cold, hard fact.
Minutes after Buhari was gone for good.
No long thing.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by CGKing(m): 11:39am On Nov 25, 2010
So pissed off about the SR guy. He is a big loser. He wanted to rope Fash with a powerful allegation: `U stole money` When that didnt work he now went for a weak -ass- Poo: `U r upset` Is that an allegationÉ

That loser should b fired pronto. He is not a jounalist. He is an amebo.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by CGKing(m): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2010
martinosi:

occam Said

Those Clapping and cheering at the back are all those Nigerian Foreign Students Businessmen, Nigerian Embassy in London Officials and "et al" that are one way or the other benefiting from the Lagos state Govt Revenue Purse and Nigeria's Fiscal Purse as a whole.

The ones who were acting like "A.s.s kissers" the most (according to my source there) were the Nigerian Foreign Students there ie those that are soon going to start coughing up £15,000 a minimum as schools fee's per year lol!!!

Nice Poo there sir,

But i see nothing wrong in Fasholas body language or response to the reporter. As came b seen in the video and comments on their website, the reporter and his company seem to carry an iritating attitude about them that can put off anyone. If he asked his questions more intelligently as though sincerely in search for truth and not accusingly or judgementally, he probably would have gotten good responses.

I mean listen to him at the end of the interview to get a clue of their attitude. So disgusting. No one likes to be accused, not you or even the stupid reporter himself. And with what fashola has done in Lagos, it would have been appreicated if he saw a reasonable between his achievements and setbacks. Aparently, the reporter gave trivial or mocking attention to his achievements and zoomed in on uncomfirmed allegations. What hopeless nonentity.

I hope he is reading my criticisms lol
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Defender1: 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2010
I think Fashola is a good man with great plans, but we need sooo many more good men in naija politics to be able to move forward at a desirable pace. Only one man can never move a nation by himself.
There are a few good men. Let us be bold and support them in the coming elections 2011.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by martinosi: 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2010
CGKing:

Nice Poo there sir,

O.k the Sahara reporter guy was very crude, very un-refined and so poor
in his manner about addressing the Governor regarding the issues concerning
Lagos. The problem with our so called Journalist and in particular this
Sahara reporter is that he lack a clear understanding on the budgetary picture Of Lagos state.

By the way Lagos state has a good website with alot of Information that is very enlightening and if i was a Report/Journalist i would make this a duty to update my-self with the information to understand the Policy (Aims & Objectives), Planning (Strategy outline to carry it out) & Commissioning (Action Time-table) of the Incumbent (Present) Admistration.

This i would do this before trying to ask the Goveror any questions,

So what he should have been armed with is an understanding of
Lagos state Fiscal Budget Which is $3 billion dollars
roughly a year by the way
and he should know
what the breakdown of the budget in terms of

1 - Education,
2 - Health,
3 - Social Security/services,
4 - Infrastructure maintenance & Development,
5 - Environmental & Sanitation Services

Then he should also understand the PPP (Public, Private & Partnership)
dynamic of any major Infrastructure or Real Estate Development in Lagos [/b]i.e. like the 10 Lane Highway or the Eko Atlantic city Development.

He should gather information from the Yearly Lagos State Budget hearing ([b]which i bet he does not attend
) or the state Chamber of Commerce how this programmes are being financed and what are[b] the cost implications on the Lagos state Budget[/b], that if Lagos state is Financing any part of the projects from Tax Revenue or a Bond Issue.

The problem with these reporters like Sahara is that they don’t do their research well and they go about their business with an "accusation attitude" with is wrong.

If we are to be very honest, the Sahara Journalist made a fool of himself as He should know better than to engage the Governor in that why.

Maybe he is looking for a personal one-2-one interview or some favour (I would not doubt that lol)

But in summary the guy did himself know favour and i would be wary to read any of Sahara's website news seeing the display of one of its Senior Journalist.

And someome mentioned that he was a former Student Union President of UNILAG ROFLMAO!!!

Well that says it all (He definitely has not Left his "Gari-Soaking Days Behind him!)

In conclusion he (the Sahara reporter) knew he could get away with his attitude because the "Meet the press" time was in London (At London School of Economics for that matter and you definitely do not want to mess up there as a Politician!!!)

Gov Fashola had to keep his kool or extra extra extra kool should i say because His image, reputation and office was at stake, but if this interview was in Nigeria, the Sahara Reporter would not have the Gumption/Lever/Nerve/Ball[/b]s to do what he did
as [b]"the Boys in black"
would have had more than a  word with him,
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ShangoThor(m): 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2010
[size=20pt] Nigerians should get more business savvy!!! [/size]

[size=16pt] Head line should read: Fashola achieves efficiency gains of over 2330%, WOW!!! !!! [/size]

The actions of this reporter are outrageous. It took me less than one minute to find out who the CEO of ABC is online and it is definitely not Tinunbu. ABC is a consortium made up of Nigerians in the diaspora.

I also noted that the objectivity of the reporter was evidently clouded because he was more concerned with insinuating shady dealings between Fashola and Tinunbu as opposed to discerning the great strides in efficiency that the government had made.
For argument sake, so what if ABC belongs to Tinunbu. If this were true, then the most that Fashola could be accused of is ‘cronyism’ which isn’t against the law.

Di.ck Chenney,  a major shareholder and previous CEO of Halliburton was later elected  Vice President of the USA  on George Bush jnr’s ticket. Halliburton was later awarded huge reconstruction contracts worth billions of dollars $ in IRAQ after it was decimated by the allies in IRAQ war 2. My point is that this is cronyism at it’s worst (conflict of interest –business ethics?) however, it isn’t illegal.

All that matters here is business and good results or performance.  BRF stated that the implementation of the new computerised taxation system led to the increased total revenue collection from 600 million pcm to 14 billion pcm.

That is an efficiency gain of over 2330%. If these gains were achieved in the City of London or Wall Street BRF would be celebrated, given awards or given an annual bonus of over 100 million pounds. Furthermore, efficiency gains of over 2330% in my opinion would justify a remuneration of up to 10% to ABC, the company responsible for implementing such a system.
If BRF was President of Nigeria and in his first year was able to realize such gains as 2330% in the coffers of the state things would be drastically different.

Any monkey can spend money, but only exceptional individuals with financial intelligence can make money legitimately.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by babapupa: 12:52am On Nov 27, 2010
ShangoThor:

[size=20pt] Nigerians should get more business savvy!!! [/size]

[size=16pt] Head line should read: Fashola achieves efficiency gains of over 2330%, WOW!!! !!! [/size]

The actions of this reporter are outrageous. It took me less than one minute to find out who the CEO of ABC is online and it is definitely not Tinunbu. ABC is a consortium made up of Nigerians in the diaspora.

I also noted that the objectivity of the reporter was evidently clouded because he was more concerned with insinuating shady dealings between Fashola and Tinunbu as opposed to discerning the great strides in efficiency that the government had made.
For argument sake, so what if ABC belongs to Tinunbu. If this were true, then the most that Fashola could be accused of is ‘cronyism’ which isn’t against the law.

Di.ck Chenney,  a major shareholder and previous CEO of Halliburton was later elected  Vice President of the USA  on George Bush jnr’s ticket. Halliburton was later awarded huge reconstruction contracts worth billions of dollars $ in IRAQ after it was decimated by the allies in IRAQ war 2. My point is that this is cronyism at it’s worst (conflict of interest –business ethics?) however, it isn’t illegal.

All that matters here is business and good results or performance.  BRF stated that the implementation of the new computerised taxation system led to the increased total revenue collection from 600 million pcm to 14 billion pcm.

That is an efficiency gain of over 2330%. If these gains were achieved in the City of London or Wall Street BRF would be celebrated, given awards or given an annual bonus of over 100 million pounds. Furthermore, efficiency gains of over 2330% in my opinion would justify a remuneration of up to 10% to ABC, the company responsible for implementing such a system.
If BRF was President of Nigeria and in his first year was able to realize such gains as 2330% in the coffers of the state things would be drastically different.

Any monkey can spend money, but only exceptional individuals with financial intelligence can make money legitimately.

Thanks for this wonderful post.

Unfortunately, our country is messed up because people get away with unpatriotic acts like corruption and aiding and abetting journalism and news media. Our journalists are very lazy intellectually, they have zero sense of intellectual curiosity. And just like many sad posts in this thread by many of our so called leaders of tomorrow, no wonder our country is heading backward instead of forward.

They've been conditioned to ridicule everything and everything based on ignorance, illiteracy and tribal reasoning, it' damn too hard for many differentiate between good and bad.

A journalist secured and opportunity to interview a state governor and instead of discussing many critical issues facing the people of Lagos state like housing, transportation and unemployment, he shamefully wasted the opportunity with insults, redundant and baseless accusations with lousy puerile display after the interview.

What a great disservice to his readers.

Based on the amount ABC sends to the coffers of the Lagos state government, they deserve every penny they get back in form of remuneration
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by isalegan2: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2010
Here is the same "reporter" being obnoxious and starting a press conference on a bad note. Granted the minister could have handled it better, but this Sowore guy is just plain unruly and unprofessional. It's an old tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYFXsoMbVAE&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I like this comment from a viewer:
Sowore the so called journalist was very crude and rude. Of course he's not a journalist, but you don't need to be a journalist to learn professionalism and manners. Crude and uncouth Sowore.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by xterra2(m): 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2010

Please can someone summarize the video for me, my connection is a bit slow

Also did Fashola talk about the Lagos Light Rail ?

But seriously, that Lagos light rail would be the answer of all anti-fashola
I think that is very very important, less trafic, (good, if you have a fast car wink and cheaper transport
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by isalegan2: 3:51am On Dec 30, 2010
xterra2:

Please can someone summarize the video for me, my connection is a bit slow

I'm sorry, man.  I really wanted to watch it again and transcribe or summarize for you, but it was just so unpleasant the first time around. 

I remember the SR guy Sowore sounds really unprofessional.  He was antagonistic.  Fashola was very cordial and even wrote notes as SR guy was asking him a litany of questions.  He didn't like Fashola's answer or something and made a petty and rude comment.  After Fashola completed the press conference, and had stepped off the stage, as he walked away with his entourage, the SR guy made another petty comment to him.  I don't want to start the debate all over again.  People really got their nickers in a twist the first time around.  Probably, me included.   cheesy

I just feel for you cos you said your internet is slow.  I think someone earlier posted the script of the encounter.  Maybe try thatt guy's newspaper website.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari And Gov. El-rufai’s Unrewarding Jibes / Enugu Govt Explains Delay In Road Maintenance / Fake Miracle : "He Has Transformed From Black Prophet To Yellow Prophet" (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.