Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video (5982 Views)

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by violent(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2010
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by SkyBlue1: 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2010
Interesting interview and intelligent responses from Fashola (better than I have seen from even a lot of western politicians), but to be fair he did not touch on the Tinubu issue that was raised.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by violent(m): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2010
the dude is smart and well composed,

The SR guy was whining in end, that part is funny, i think Fashola threw a punch with his "I don't read your junk" line
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by PapaBrowne(m): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2010
Very Impressive job by Fashola!!

That Sahara Reporters dude, Sowore is not too different from a miscreant!!
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by SkyBlue1: 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Very Impressive job by Fashola!!

That Sahara Reporters dude, Sowore is not too different from a miscreant!!

I understand the sentiment but let us be fair in our assesment. Watch the interview again if you need to, intelligent responses no doubt, but he did not even touch on the Tinubu issue.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by DapoBear(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2010
Good work by SR. I like Fashola, and while his answers sound pleasant, he mostly avoided the issues raised.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by PapaBrowne(m): 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2010
Sky Blue:

I understand the sentiment but let us be fair in our assesment. Watch the interview again if you need to, intelligent responses no doubt, but he did not even touch on the Tinubu issue.

I think he answered the Tinubu issue to the best of his ability. He said to the best of his knowledge Tinubu is not the owner of Alpha Mead. He also challenges anybody with evidence in that light to bring it out!!

Sometimes we forget that leaders are human and are not by any means exempt from acting like Humans. Humans are not known to bite off their own fingers.  It would be the most foolish thing for Fashola to come out with implicating prouncements against Tinubu just to satisfy Sowore's disposition towards tabloid styled journalism.
Sincerely, how else would you have expected him to respond to a Journalist who couldn't tell that the accident he referred to didn't happen in Lagos??

I think Lagosians are happy with Fashola and he answered Lagosians and Lovers of Lagos very intelligently.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by violent(m): 4:44pm On Nov 20, 2010
PapaBrowne:

I think he answered the Tinubu issue to the best of his ability. He said to the best of his knowledge Tinubu is not the owner of Alpha Mead. He also challenges anybody with evidence in that light to bring it out!!

Sometimes we forget that leaders are human and are not by any means exempt from acting like Humans. Humans are not known to bite off their own fingers.  It would be the most foolish thing for Fashola to come out with implicating prouncements against Tinubu just to satisfy Sowore's disposition towards tabloid styled journalism.
Sincerely, how else would you have expected him to respond to a Journalist who couldn't tell that the accident he referred to didn't happen in Lagos??

I think Lagosians are happy with Fashola and he answered Lagosians and Lovers of Lagos very intelligently.

Gbam +2
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by MShittu: 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2010
'That happened in Ogun State, not in Lagos'
cheesy
I just like the way he rubbished the reporter's point tongue
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ziga: 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2010
I didn't realize that the video has been already put up by violent. . .

Now, why shouldn't we love this guy?? He listens, he obviously is very analytical and he has plans. . . Even if we perceive the progress as slow, his progress has been against so many odds.

There is still hope for Naija Nigeria!!!
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by jason12345: 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2010
this fashola of a man is God sent! the way he answered the questions proved to me that he knows what he is doing and he is not a illiterate appointed in government.
he might have stolen some money but who does not? as far as he keeps the development and progress of lagosians constant,then, he can steal as much as he likes
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ziga: 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2010
"and let those who read you. . . coz i don't" . . . Classic

Respect is reciprocal, and BRF gave the Sahara guy the same amount of respect that he received from him.
Why didn't he make conversation like this with Ojo Maduekwe.

What was the sahara reporters guy even going on about? The interview was over, and he was still stalking the Governor. I think Fashola is a good man with great plans, but we need sooo many more good men in naija politics to be able to move forward at a desirable pace. Only one man can never move a nation by himself.

Take private businesses for example. Even with the greatest ideas/plans, a lot of businesses in Nigeria still fail, because there are soooo many people/factors out there that will put all their energy to work against the success of that business. I guess a lot of people from the rich to the poor are feeding off the disorder!!!

Nigerians are our own worst enemies. We will pull down anything. . . good or bad, just to feel/look good about ourselves.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ladi02(m): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2010
Fashola for PRESIDENT 2012!!! cheesy

that sowore guy is a loser!, he thinks fashola is like ibori, ojo maduekwe and co?

like how fashola put him on ignore when he saw he was no good
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ziga: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2010
Serious reporters are not supposed to be biased.

I tried to read the Sahara reporter's version of the interview on his website. And it was totally misrepresented. If we didn't have the video as evidence, the way the story was reported would have created a very different picture in my head.

I don't know whether i'm the only one who feels like that about his report. . .

An obviously miffed Governor Fashola reacted angrily to a question Saharareporters put to him regarding allegations of corruption made against him by a group named "True Face of Lagos." The group’s efforts to expose Mr. Fashola’s alleged acts of corruption before the Lagos State Assembly have been stalled by court orders granted against the probe at the behest of the governor.

Governor Fashola would not address why he went to court to stop the probe. Even so, he challenged his accusers to present concrete evidence about his alleged corruption.

Mr. Fashola also denied that a company named Alpha Beta, which is involved in collecting taxes in the state, is owned by his predecessor, Mr. Bola Tinubu. He challenged Saharareporters to present "proof" of Mr. Tinubu's ownership of the company.

Governor Fashola systematically evaded directly addressing questions as to whether Alpha Beta was being over-compensated for its job of collecting internally generated revenues for the state. Many critics have accused Mr. Fashola of funneling huge pay-offs to his predecessor in fulfillment of a deal signed before Mr. Tinubu anointed him as a successor.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by aljharem(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2010
fashola is no man angry angry

what is the problem with us nigerians, why do we deceive ourselves angry

why didn't he answer tinubu's question

the fact still remains that his boss is till in control
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ladi02(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2010
alj harem:

What else do u want? he said Tinubu does not own the company

You nigerians can never be satisfied, must to judge and complain without having a way out o. . . .rubbish angry
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by jason12345: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2010
alj harem:

the deserves praises because his counterparts in nigeria are not developing their states but he is. so relax and enjoy lagos and nigeria boom after the election (i pray it would be free and fair)
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by aljharem(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2010
ladi02:

What else do u want? he said Tinubu does not own the company

You nigerians can never be satisfied, must to judge and complain without having a way out o. . . .rubbish angry

i begi sharrp, angry i have a family member that is close to tinubu and was a close friend of tinubu when he was in power. so shut up if u do not know wat is going on

i know wat i am talking about, fashola is a pawn head to tinubu and they have a joint acc where the state money goes

let him bring out the document of the company and let's see the owner of the company

tinubu is still destroying lagos thru  fashaola
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by MShittu: 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2010
What I think the reporter should have brought up is the issue of the demolitions. I wanted to know what Fashola plans to do with all the people whose homes and businesses he's demolished.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ladi02(m): 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2010
alj harem:

i begi sharrp, angry i have a family member that is close to tinubu and was a close friend of tinubu when he was in power. so shut up if u do not know wat is going on

i know wat i am talking about, fashola is a pawn head to tinubu[b] and they have a joint acc where the state money goes[/b]

[b]let him bring out the document of the company [/b]and let's see the owner of the company

tinubu is still destroying lagos thru  fashaola

lol you are soo funny, they have a joint a/c where the state money goes are you even listening to yourself, does that make sense grin

Let who bring out the document, are you guys not the ones alleging that fashola is stealing money, my friend bring out the document. Bring your proof if you want to paint someone black infact fashola should sue all of you including you for libel.

You and sowore are just rumour mongers!, attention seekers thats all y'all are.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2010
Saharareporters must learn not to take these interviews personal.

As a Journalist you ask questions on behalf of the people and present them as "some are saying so so and so . . . . . what have you got to say to them?"

When the politician answers, if you have follow-up questions you ask. At the end you allow the public to make of the politicians opinion what they like. It is not a shouting match nor a personal battle.

However Omoyele Sowore is doing a great job.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Police001: 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2010
I find it funny when an angry pissed off man is telling a calm well composed man "sir, you are upset"

That SR guy couldn't hold his emotions back when BRF told him "I don't read your paper"", and he made it worse by screaming "If it were BBC you would answer them" what kind of professionalism is that.

From the video and from the news report on SR page, it is evident that SR had a biased objective against BRF which itself ridicules the spirit of Journalism.

However, i wouldn't be surprised if in subsequent days, more funny reports keep emanating from SR website on BRF, the battle line is drawn already.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by becomrich4: 1:02am On Nov 21, 2010
The issue is to change the tax law, that income taxes should be an exclusive right of state government. That way state are independent of federal govt.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by amingafar(m): 1:09am On Nov 21, 2010
I think fasola answered well the reporter was wrong

sowere guy didnt even know where the fire was How can you expect to take such a reporter seriously after his first question was not based on facts.

"there was a fire in Lagos o sorry so it was in ogun state?"
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Blazay(m): 6:24am On Nov 21, 2010
Just something extremely "creepy" about that dude.
I just can't get my pinky on it. undecided
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by DapoBear(m): 9:23am On Nov 21, 2010
^-- Fash? Naw, he has charisma, and a lot of it. In fact, if you aren't carefully paying attention, you'll think the SR guys are just trying to bring him down, rather than raising legitimate concerns.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by fstranger: 12:27pm On Nov 21, 2010
I think Omoyele screwed up on this. Fash came up sincere, likeable and as the better person in this encounter. Mr. Sowore is gradually losing his mojo!
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2010
we expect all those other politicians to take a cue from this - if they dare tongue tongue

GEJ and the noisemakers club - over to you - lets see if gej can take the heat cheesy cheesy
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2010
I could not find any fault with Fashola's answers.

He said he cannot run his government by tabliod unproven allegations .

If any allegations are proven then he would attend to answer questions.
The fact of the fire being in Ogun state, kind of proved his point that allegations are not necessarily subtantiated.

Fashola is one of very few governors making progress and who is willing to genuinely answer his critics in a public forum.

The SR reporter's behaviour at the end was disrespectful and unprofessional.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by ikeyman00(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2010
@@@@@

and does Fashola has to spell all out in a foreign country just like obj third saga on CNN

like he said computerised accounting ; yeah right billion still go missing day and night in naija

Fashola or no Fashola; u can honestly see some goodwill in him but he got the ball on his court; therefore he should try to improve on things rather than talking

As far as Nigeria is concern with all the tax accrued it should be an understatement to say he should done as twice as what is on the ground

New roads built within 10 yrs that develop some pothole is a failure!!!! He might have to check his formatives
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by cap28: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2010
the sychophantic attitude of that audience towards fashola turned my stomach upside down . the fact that all this man has done is just build roads using tax payers money and carry out a few cosmetic changes to the appearance of lagos is what makes it all the more depressing.

why is this man being hailed as some sort of revolutionary figure when he is still part and parcel of the same stable of corrupt politicians.

the average nigerian has extremely low mentality this is why we get excited over a governor carrying out a few superficial changes all in the name of development. I think Sowore asked very important questions which most sychophantic brainwashed nigerians are too dumb to understand. If Sowore made a mistake about the facts regarding a fire which broke out somewhere in nigeria, so what? thats not even the point - the issue here is that the likes of arrogant fashola should be held accountable for their actions, they have been entrusted with millions of naira in tax payers money and all they can show for it is building toll gates and laying out flower beds in public areas - is this how low are standards are ?

So we are getting excited and swooning before this supposed messiah simply because he built a few roads - god help us.
Re: Sahara Reporters Interviews Fashola, Watch Video by Shock(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2010
^^^

Your logic does not depict a well reasoned thought process and I'd tell you why.

the sychophantic attitude of that audience towards fashola turned my stomach upside down .  the fact that all this man has done is just build roads using tax payers money and carry out a few cosmetic changes to the appearance of lagos is what makes it all the more depressing.

First, this is totally not true, except of cos you are in the "paint-the-dog-black-just-to-hang-it" group. In all my experience in Lagos, i had no idea that public service groups such as :- Red cross, Search and Rescue, Fire emergency, First aid, Road safety, etc existed, not until the recent administration put in place a system that will ensure such groups function.

Besides that, Lagos about 10 years ago is a no go area for feeble minded individuals, thuggery, wallet snatching, public harassment, environmental pollution , etc, are carried out in the public with reckless abandon, all these things are now out-phased with a better and much more secured system in place.

Saying Fashola has only built few roads and done few cosmetic changes is totally unfair.

why is this man being hailed as some sort of revolutionary figure when he is still part and parcel of the same stable of corrupt politicians.

Again, this is a statement you can't substantiate.

the average nigerian has extremely low mentality this is why we get excited over a governor carrying out a few superficial changes all in the name of development.  I think Sowore asked very important questions which most sychophantic brainwashed nigerians are too dumb to understand.  If Sowore made a mistake about the facts regarding a fire which broke out somewhere in nigeria,  so what?  thats not even the point - the issue here is that the likes of arrogant fashola should be held accountable for their actions, they have been entrusted with millions of naira in tax payers money and all they can show for it is building toll gates and laying out flower beds in public areas - is this how low are standards are ?

Quite true Sowore asked the right questions, but his questions were directed in a rude manner that does not demonstrate any form of professionalism, his tone was coarse, and he let his emotions cloud his sense of judgement. 

In as much as I am a strong advocate that all public holders are to be held accountable for funds entrusted in their care, the logic in your argument in quotes above, assumes that all revenues generated had been used in building toll gates and laying out flower beds.  I find this line of thought quite pathetic and disturbing, something i wouldn't have expected from a well learned individual. I really don't know if i should be telling you this, but besides putting up infrastructures, the government invests and saves too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Protesters: “We Rely On You” / Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu Resigns As Minister Of Health / ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.