Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. (279 Views)

El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Segun Onibiyo Over 'Hate Speech' - Dogara Rabboni / Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai / Modibbo Kawu In Hate Speech Against Saraki On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. by lordlugards: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
If tell that BBQ girl whether she dey cra-ce is that hate speech.

Or if tell Ngene Ukwu something if she be Mumu is that also Hate speech.

It's just a question. No body should ban me oooo grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. by TheSourcerer: 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
lordlugards:
If tell that BBQ girl whether she dey cra-ce is that hate speech.

Or if tell Ngene Ukwu something if she be Mumu is that also Hate speech.

It's just a question. No body should ban me oooo grin grin grin grin
Don't insult anybody and mind your Business

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. by lordlugards: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
TheSourcerer:
Don't insult anybody and mind your Business
even if someone provoke me to an extend. I should just dey look the person like dumb babi
Re: What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. by TheSourcerer: 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
lordlugards:
even if someone provoke me to an extend. I should just dey look the person like dumb babi
don't insult his Tribe , Gender , Sexual orientation and Religion
Re: What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. by orisa37: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Say you love them with a twisted mouth. It becomes Hate Speech.
Re: What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. by nlPoster: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
orisa37:
Say you love them with a twisted mouth. It becomes Hate Speech.

Twisted mouth like how?
Re: What Do They Mean By Hate Speech. by nlPoster: 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
lordlugards:
What is Hate Speech

Hate speech, speech or expression that denigrates a person or persons on the basis of (alleged) membership in a social group identified by attributes such as race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, physical or mental disability, and others.

Yes, it includes denigrating people on the basis of their gender, very common on nairaland with all the anti-women rhetoric. It doesnt matter if your culture promotes it or has no law against it. Sticking to your cultural forums and venting there is an option you have instead of bringing your hate to nairaland.

Obviously, your survival could depend on you fighting the object of your hate with all your might (in this case, women), but the women you hate, also have rights.

Hate speech based on disability also carries penalties. You might not like or agree with the rules but they're still there.

(1) (Reply)

Johnson Racial Stereotyping Of Nigerians! / Sowore |dss| What Femi Falana Said Vs What Sowore's Wife And Us Senator Bob Mene / What If?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.