Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention (40696 Views)

EFCC Declares Ismaila Mustapha Aka Mompha Wanted / US Court Sentences Ismaila Fafunmi To 51 Months In Prison For Fraud (Photo) / Mompha Sues EFCC For N5M Over His Re-Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
And they said FBI has a hand in this man's arrest ?

Hope this is not EFCC usual kangaroo arrests ?

1 Like

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by poweredcom(m): 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Una don hear am I tell una say Dem go free am

If I be mompha na 50milla naira I go Sue dem

1 Like

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by AngelicBeing: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Amuatulu:
Igbosere high court sef
Hian, nonsense and Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by FindingNigeria: 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
maynation:
I hope this is not one of EFCC's stunts to finally release this guy?

I hope they won't finally hide under one yeye court order to let him go?

Till then anyways, we will remind them how we have never obeyed court order in Naija before.

undecided

You better not kill yourself with hate.

Has he been convicted of any crime? It seems you have judged and found him guilty already. Flamboyance isn't a crime. Let us be sure he is being harrassed credibly.

1 Like

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by sinceraconcept(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
Mightyhaiz:

5m or 5b?
o was wondering too. That chicken change for damages?
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by jclassiq(m): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
AfonjaBoston:
He is broke oooo
Only million ? Let him drop the case I will give him 6 million

Nwokem use your head. He doesn't need efcc money.

2 Likes

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by abbey621(m): 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
I support, let them charge him to court or free him. No more wasting of taxpayers money. The accomplices, Interpol investigation and other tools are enough to build solid case so no need to keep the man locked up for months before going to court.

1 Like

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by sweetgala(m): 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
tropaz:
EFCC don't have any evidence to pin him down. Except they want to use his socialedia lifestyle as an evidence but sadly, its not tenderable in a law court...
This EFCC should step up their game abeg

His arrest was at the behest of INTERPOL, he is just trying his hand. The fact he only staled damages at 5 Million for an individual who claims to have business interests in the billions of naira which can be damaged by a false claim tells it all.
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by texazzpete(m): 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
All na lie.

After the news leaked that the guy was being allowed to stay in hotels and live large outside EFCC custody, they hurriedly packaged this sham ‘lawsuit’ so it would look like he’s been in EFCC custody all the while.

That explains why he’s only asking for N5m damages and has only just come out to complain on Nov 21st, despite being held past Nov 4th as the suit alleges.

1 Like

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by toprealman: 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
Mightyhaiz:

5m or 5b?
Me sef reason am.....e be like say the guy "mb" don de run down small small
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by foolbuster: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
maynation:

Till then anyways, we will remind them how we have never obeyed court order in Naija before.

undecided

If nothing was found on him then why should he still be detained.
Besides if EFCC had a solid case he would have long been arraigned.
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by backnbeta(f): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
I don't like this Mompha guy and I'm not a fan. But why hold him without charging him to court? Why detain him if you have no case? If EFCC has any case, let him be charged to court or let him go! In naija, they just arrest without any evidence of wrong doing.

1 Like

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by gcof(m): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
tropaz:
EFCC don't have any evidence to pin him down. Except they want to use his socialedia lifestyle as an evidence but sadly, its not tenderable in a law court...
unfortunately that’s how things work in Nigeria. Make arrests first and then start looking for evidence. meanwhile, keep the suspect in custody throughout the duration of the search for evidence

2 Likes

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Newboss(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
tropaz:

They didn't arrest him in Dubai. No document. No laptop, just watches. Lmao.

This country too cast abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Newboss(m): 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
texazzpete:
All na lie.

After the news leaked that the guy was being allowed to stay in hotels and live large outside EFCC custody, they hurriedly packaged this sham ‘lawsuit’ so it would look like he’s been in EFCC custody all the while.

That explains why he’s only asking for N5m damages and has only just come out to complain on Nov 21st, despite being held past Nov 4th as the suit alleges.

Which news you dey talk about?
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Newboss(m): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
sweetgala:

His arrest was at the behest of INTERPOL, he is just trying his hand. The fact he only staled damages at 5 Million for an individual who claims to have business interests in the billions of naira which can be damaged by a false claim tells it all.

Which behest of Interpol? Interpol arrested him on behalf of EFCC. It's not hard to figure out. There's Interpol in Dubai. It would have been easier to arrest him in Dubai and move him directly to any country without going through the unnecessary bureaucracy.

EFCC is behind this, not Interpol. Except Interpol made a mistake of arresting him in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Kubernetes: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
backnbeta:
I don't like this Mompha guy and I'm not a fan. But why hold him without charging him to court? Why detain him if you have no case? If EFCC has any case, let him be charged to court or let him go! In naija, they just arrest without any evidence of wrong doing.

The truth is,efcc does not have any evidence against this guy.EFCC relied on the Interpol alert to arrest the guy based on BEC fraud.Even the Interpol has not yet come up with any evidence.Mompha makes most of his money from Nigerian politicians who transfer stolen money from Nigeria to overseas.
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
EFCC are just an incompetent organization under Magu! Have you seen anybody they successfully prosecuted besides small time yahoo boys who they intimidate into confessions.

All EFCC has done since Magu entered is prosecution my media, parading of suspects in public. No investigation. That is why big time crooks always get away because big time crooks are smarter than EFCC and can afford smart lawyers.

Magu has benn going about arresting anybody that can be arrested and parading them because he knows his term is about to expire and he has nothing to show.
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
pickatyou:
I know mompha will walk away.

First of all efcc always have no case, they look for people that will voluntary plead guilty after they show a few gra gra. The never gather enough evidence.

Back to the topic please take him to court or let him be. But mompha please note that in Nigeria any idiot under one bigger idiot don't obey court orders.

Please no one should quote me unless it's for business
Ok we won't quote you
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by S12bosco(m): 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
U get de money nah... Make Nigerian legal practitioners see food CHOP for ur hand. I rest my case
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by ZooOga: 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
MissSweet:
mtcheeew

MissSweet ... are you married or into a serious relationship? i think i instantly fell in love with you on the strength of your lunch thread. tongue

See What I Prepared For Lunch! - Food - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/4978518/see-what-prepared-lunch
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by witworth(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
booblacain:
Things are getting interesting. This man is forgetting that Nigerian Government does not follow law. ;
You can't understand.
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by witworth(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
They should release him if they won't take him to court .

So many Nigerians are languishing in Nigerian prisons for years without trial...
This madness has to stop .

This are issues Aregbeshola should look into .
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by witworth(m): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
They should release him if they won't take him to court .

So many Nigerians are languishing in Nigerian prisons for years without trial...
This madness has to stop .

This are issues Aregbeshola should look into .
you're following the script, you're playing your path.
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Mrquote: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
maynation:

undecided
What's his crime, EFCC don't knw their job before you make any arrest you must have a concrete evidence
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Mrquote: 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
PennywysCares:
Let him save the energy for his thievery activities
Did you catch him.
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Emmyj2g: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
Why do i feel he paid 5million for his release.. ���
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Ravenbeast1(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Ravenbeast1(m): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
pickatyou:
I know mompha will walk away.

First of all efcc always have no case, they look for people that will voluntary plead guilty after they show a few gra gra. The never gather enough evidence.

Back to the topic please take him to court or let him be. But mompha please note that in Nigeria any idiot under one bigger idiot don't obey court orders.

Please no one should quote me unless it's for business

OK let's do business
What's ur deal?
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
texazzpete:
All na lie.

Interesting. sad
Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ravenbeast1:

OK let's do business
What's ur deal?

Check my signature. I deal in car tracking devices.

1 Like

Re: Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention by esky158(m): 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
did one forget said na naja. him de oooo. no body strong passgovenment here look even constitution self no reach them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Rapes And Kills 35-Year-Old Woman In Oyo / Landlord Sets Tenant Ablaze In Calabar, Over N11,000 Rent / 2 Yahoo Boys In Lagos Jailed For 6 Months By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.