Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,918 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise (1932 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise by Joagbaje(m): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2010
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success

Not only is the Word of God the number one recipe for success and prosperity, its also requisite for dealing wisely in the affairs of life. When you study our opening verse from the original text, it shows us something beautiful. It lets us know that not only will you have good success by meditating on the Word, you’ll also become perceptive. It uses the Hebrew word “sakal”, which is akin to the Greek word “suniemi” which means a mental putting-together; to become sagacious, penetratingly discerning, perspicacious and acutely intelligent.

Thus the Word of God has the ability to increase your intelligence. Through studying and meditating on the Word, your thinking level rises and you become different from others. You become accurately insightful, expertly circumspect, and superbly clever. You begin to function in exceptional wisdom. You become prudent and able to deal wisely in the affairs of life.

The Amplified Translation renders our opening verse thus:

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe {and} do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely {and} have good success.”

Through the Word, you become wise in your dealings with people in everything. Some people don’t function wisely, and that accounts for the constant failures they experience in their lives; the Word is what they need. The Spirit of God, through the Word brings into your understanding that sagacity of the Spirit that only a child of God can have.

I urge you today to go passionately for the Word;

2 Timothy 3:15
for it’s able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus
().
Re: Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise by KunleOshob(m): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2010
Unfortunately for you pastor chris and his worshippers, 'the law' being referred to in 1 Joshua has been brought to an end and has no sound basis in christianity. It is no use trying to manipulate it to fit into the prosperity gospel as pastor chris himself is not observing those laws.
Re: Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise by petres007(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2010
KunleOshob:

Unfortunately for you pastor chris and his worshippers, 'the law' being referred to in 1 Joshua has been brought to an end and has no sound basis in christianity. It is no use trying to manipulate it to fit into the prosperity gospel as pastor chris himself is not observing those laws.

Sir,

I think they're well aware and even teach so.  .  . except when it comes to the issue of tithes and offerings, which they conveniently claim did not pass away with the law  grin
Re: Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise by aletheia(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2010
^^^Much as I disagree with Joagbaje on what he usually posts: I have to say that there is actually nothing wrong with the OP and I agree with it.

Joagbaje:

Not only is the Word of God the number one recipe for success and prosperity, its also requisite for dealing wisely in the affairs of life. When you study our opening verse from the original text, it shows us something beautiful. It lets us know that not only will you have good success by meditating on the Word, you’ll also become perceptive. It uses the Hebrew word “sakal”, which is akin to the Greek word “suniemi” which means a mental putting-together; to become sagacious, penetratingly discerning, perspicacious and acutely intelligent.

@KunleOshob: I agree with you on it being "no use trying to manipulate it to fit into the prosperity gospel" but. . .

KunleOshob:

Unfortunately for you pastor chris and his worshippers, 'the law' being referred to in 1 Joshua has been brought to an end and has no sound basis in christianity.

This statement of yours has to be properly contextualized. All scripture is inspired of God and so this includes the OT as well as the NT. What is the Law? Here are Jesus' words:
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Matthew 22:36-40)

Has the requirement to love the Lord with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind; And to love our neighbour as our-self being brought to an end? Certainly not? The law has not passed away. It's requirements are still as valid today as yesterday but the good news is this:
Jesus has kept every single requirement of the law on our behalf.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (Matthew 5:17-18)
Re: Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise by nuclearboy(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2010
^^ Hear Hear. A Daniel come to Judgment
Re: Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise by petres007(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2010
aletheia:

^^^Much as I disagree with Joagbaje on what he usually posts: I have to say that there is actually nothing wrong with the OP and I agree with it.

@KunleOshob: I agree with you on it being "no use trying to manipulate it to fit into the prosperity gospel" but. . .

This statement of yours has to be properly contextualized. All scripture is inspired of God and so this includes the OT as well as the NT. What is the Law? Here are Jesus' words:
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Matthew 22:36-40)

Has the requirement to love the Lord with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind; And to love our neighbour as our-self being brought to an end? Certainly not? The law has not passed away. It's requirements are still as valid today as yesterday but the good news is this:
Jesus has kept every single requirement of the law on our behalf.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (Matthew 5:17-18)

@aletheia,

Mmmm. . .

Yes, we need to put this in proper perspective. But I think what KunleOshob was referring to was the ordinances/ceremonies, civil/ceremonial commandments in the law, like tithing.
Re: Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise by KunleOshob(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2010
@Alethia
I get your point, but knowing pastor moneybags and his mentor, I know what they are driving at. The book of the law being referred to in joshua contained several laws no longer applicable today. It is pastor joe and his oga that need to put things in proper perspective.

(1) (Reply)

5 Rules To Handle The Most Challenging Situations In Your Life By Pastor Poju / What Are You Thanking God For As This Year Comes To An End? / 7yrs Old Girl Reveal That ADEBOYE,T.B JOSHUA, And Others Won't Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.