Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:45 AM

Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay (4942 Views)

My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Smithwesson7: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
Please my cousin got an invite for the position of regional manager from opay.

Please who has first hand experience with this company?
I wouldn't want him to go all the way and find out its not worth it.

Please what's working condition and the salary structure like?
Kindly help a brother
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by angelEmade: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
following
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by justmykel(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
I am interested to know as well.
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Smithwesson7: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
Abeg those with experience should share
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Smithwesson7: 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hello
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by fairy88: 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
No go area, I was employed and I left the job, the day I started.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by OluwasureGig: 12:37am On Nov 22, 2019
fairy88:
prospective opayers kindly take this advice. Don't say you were not warned
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by OluwaWizzy(m): 12:39am On Nov 22, 2019
fairy88:

What's position were you employed for? Because the OP here is asking as regards a regional manager - you and I know what that means!
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Smithwesson7: 7:29am On Nov 22, 2019
OluwaWizzy:

What's position were you employed for? Because the OP here is asking as regards a regional manager - you and I know what that means!

Thank you. That's why i was specifically asking. One need to look well before leaping
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by captainking(m): 7:51am On Nov 22, 2019
Smithwesson7:

Kindly help a brother
I got the job as a regional manager too this week.. But did not follow through or accept the job... Due to some reasons..

No 1...after the interview, we (newly employed regional managers)were asked to recruit business development officers on Monday this week.. I did not buy into that idea cos.. I can't start any job without seeing the offer letter...

No 2..we were employed as RM.. But told to work this month as BDM and our performance for the rest of this month will determine if we will be upgraded to the RM we were originally employed as.... Not a good arrangement for me..

No 3...nothing else... grin Though.., from grapevine info .. I heard their pay is good.. And they pay promptly on 25th..

In conclusion... The job is real... The company has great visions which will take over Nigerian fintech and compete with uber.... But the recruitment process I witnessed was not below par... Give or take.. Opay.. Oride... And O everything will be a household name in 6 months.. Cos their tech is cool
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by captainking(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2019
Smithwesson7:

Kindly help a brother

I got the job as a regional manager too this week.. But did not follow through or accept the job... Due to some reasons..

No 1...after the interview, we (newly employed regional managers)were asked to recruit business development officers on Monday this week.. I did not buy into that idea cos.. I can't start any job without seeing the offer letter...

No 2..we were employed as RM.. But told to work this month as BDM and our performance for the rest of this month will determine if we will be upgraded to the RM we were originally employed as.... Not a good arrangement for me..

No 3...nothing else... grin Though.., from grapevine info .. I heard their pay is good.. And they pay promptly on 25th..

In conclusion... The job is real... The company has great visions which will take over Nigerian fintech and compete with uber.... But the recruitment process I witnessed was not below par... Give or take.. Opay.. Oride... And O everything will be a household name in 6 months.. Cos their tech is cool
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by fairy88: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2019
Same here, they will never issue you an employment letter, we started as BDM, from 120 candidates to 50, after series of test, interviews and all that, all my set on the island, Lekki precisely, everybody ran away, when you heard how much they are paying, you will even quit your current job and apply.
I discussed with the first set(BD) the real thing is if you fail to be captured any day at work, your salary will be deducted, if you do not meet your target the next 3 days, you will be issued a warning letter, after then 'sack' letter, they sack like they don't care, then the painful part, your commission of the current month you work will be paid the end of the next month, so should in case you ran away you must always leave you commission (commission is bigger than salary) and getting the commission is not easy....they are Chinese..
If you know you know..
You knew what am not discouraging any one, tell you brother to give it a try..
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by fairy88: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2019

And they pay promptly on 25th..

They keep recruiting every now and then
BD's na the Koko for the company, but their rules and target is high...

They don't pay 25th, they pay 30th ,31st
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Smithwesson7: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2019
captainking:

Thank you captainking for your wonderful and incisive comment. I appreciate it.
Will tell my cousin not to go ahead. Without an offer letter, it is risky to pick up any appointment.

An organization that sacks arbitrarily is a No no for me.
And owned by the Chinese? Nah! We will pass.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Smithwesson7: 9:32am On Nov 22, 2019
fairy88:
Same here, they will never issue you an employment letter, we started as BDM, from 120 candidates to 50, after series of test, interviews and all that, all my set on the island, Lekki precisely, everybody ran away, when you heard how much they are paying, you will even quit your current job and apply.
I discussed with the first set(BD) the real thing is if you fail to be captured any day at work, your salary will be deducted, if you do not meet your target the next 3 days, you will be issued a warning letter, after then 'sack' letter, they sack like they don't care, then the painful part, your commission of the current month you work will be paid the end of the next month, so should in case you ran away you must always leave you commission (commission is bigger than salary) and getting the commission is not easy....they are Chinese..
If you know you know..
You knew what am not discouraging any one, tell you brother to give it a try..

Thanks bro. We will pass on this one. grin
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by captainking(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2019
Smithwesson7:

Thank you captainking for your wonderful and incisive comment. I appreciate it.
Will tell my cousin not to go ahead. Without an offer letter, it is risky to pick up any appointment.

An organization that sacks arbitrarily is a No no for me.
And owned by the Chinese? Nah! We will pass.

Thanks bro
Truth is this...if your cousin has a job currently, he should think well before resigniing...
if he does not....he should accept it...at least their pay is consistent....
I wanted to use it as side hustle but it is too time demanding for me
Cheers

Modified...I was told their payday is 25th,, obviously,,,i was wrong
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by captainking(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2019
fairy88:

And they pay promptly on 25th..

They keep recruiting every now and then
BD's na the Koko for the company, but their rules and target is high...

They don't pay 25th, they pay 30th ,31st

Oh...really....thats what i heard though,,,that means i was not properly informed...
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Smithwesson7: 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
captainking:

Truth is this...if your cousin has a job currently, he should think well before resigniing...
if he does not....he should accept it...at least their pay is consistent....
I wanted to use it as side hustle but it is too time demanding for me
Cheers

Modified...I was told their payday is 25th,, obviously,,,i was wrong
My concern is job security. With the way they are sacking right left and center, i wonder how long one can really last in such an atmosphere.

Secondly, will they pay that amount that is been bandied around for a regional manager?

Cc fairy88
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by captainking(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
Smithwesson7:

My concern is job security. With the way they are sacking right left and center, i wonder how long one can really last in such an atmosphere.

Secondly, will they pay that amount that is been bandied around for a regional manager?

Cc fairy88
I have no idea, but of concern to me is,...why will they pay commision for a job done this month end of next month, it is a way of enslaving staff to make them stay or make those that wants to leave loose their commisions....which to me...is really really bad..
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by fairy88: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
Smithwesson7:

Cc fairy88
Yes they will pay, 'IF' you can recruite BD's and make sure they deliver, you meet your target, and be patient the nxt month for commission.

Every location, they positioned a white guy, who sees everything, those guys are damm serious,they are the ones giving your report to the Boss.

I know how much I spent for days,going to Ikeja from Ajah for this job, I was ready to trek any where in Lekki/ajah to get merchants, but
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Oyerinde16(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
Let me break it down, RM are the top in the operation rage or hierarchy.

That's where Nigerians stop, then the next phase the whites.

.. As a regional manager, you manage about 10 BDMs, ( business development managers), who in turn manage about 12-15 BDs (business developers) they are marketers, the working condition boils down to the customers...

If the customers like the service and use it you earn big if they don't baba you are finished, the BDs performance is invariably that of the BDMs performance, while that of the BDMs performance is invariable that of the RM...

The salary is divided into two, if you meet 65% target you get only salary, if not the pay u n exut u, if you meet 100% target you get salary with bonus, the bonus is higher than the salary and is paid the following months.

As a RM the truth is you will most likely die of HBP or heart attack when result aren't coming in, the punishment is demoting you to the rank of BDM, if performance no improve you will be further demoted to BD before they exit you if you no wan go.

I turned it down.

4 Likes

Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by emmiesky(m): 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Please what's the job description of the Operation support guys at Opay? Thanks.
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Oktane: 12:11am On Nov 23, 2019
fairy88:

Yes they will pay, 'IF' you can recruite BD's and make sure they deliver, you meet your target, and be patient the nxt month for commission.

Every location, they positioned a white guy, who sees everything, those guys are damm serious,they are the ones giving your report to the Boss.

I know how much I spent for days,going to Ikeja from Ajah for this job, I was ready to trek any where in Lekki/ajah to get merchants, but

This is easily the best post on this thread.
Okay people here are looking for some form of charity. Of course this sense of entitlement is not their fault.

It's transmitted from the school system.

Everyone now wants a job where they put in as minimal effort as possible while expecting to reap maximally. Unfortunately, this is a Chinese driven investment and it will be run using the world famous Chinese Work ethic. Only the very best will survive and yet thrive.

I think this is going to provide a great learning platform for the serious and career minded Nigerian applicant.

The unserious ones can seek out civil service jobs or enrol for NPOWER.
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Smithwesson7: 3:31am On Nov 23, 2019
captainking:

I have no idea, but of concern to me is,...why will they pay commision for a job done this month end of next month, it is a way of enslaving staff to make them stay or make those that wants to leave loose their commisions....which to me...is really really bad..
That's how commission jobs roll. Every activity for that month till the last day of that month is reviewed and after calculation your pay comes in next month.
If dey decide to pay same months then they may likely be unable to review the performances done in the last days of the month. Hope you get the drift
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by captainking(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2019
Smithwesson7:

That's how commission jobs roll. Every activity for that month till the last day of that month is reviewed and after calculation your pay comes in next month.
If dey decide to pay same months then they may likely be unable to review the performances done in the last days of the month. Hope you get the drift
I know this bro.. But.. Most commission jobs pay the commission second week of the new month.. Especially in the finance sector.. It is well
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Oktane: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2019
captainking:

I know this bro.. But.. Most commission jobs pay the commission second week of the new month.. Especially in the finance sector.. It is well

This doesn't apply in all cases.

The Smithwesson guy is more in tune with the realities of commissions administration.

A lot of variables come into play when calculating commissions especially in large organizations. So it takes a lot of time. For instance commission's are only paid on transactions that have done full cycle.

No sales person gets commissions on credit sales. It is thus to the advantage of the sales person that he is given a little extra time for him to get his payments in.

And again it makes it easier to make payments the next month together with payroll.
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by captainking(m): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
Oktane:

This doesn't apply in all cases.

The Smithwesson guy is more in tune with the realities of commissions administration.

A lot of variables come into play when calculating commissions especially in large organizations. So it takes a lot of time. For instance commission's are only paid on transactions that have done full cycle.

No sales person gets commissions on credit sales. It is thus to the advantage of the sales person that he is given a little extra time for him to get his payments in.

And again it makes it easier to make payments the next month together with payroll.

You have a point.. But like you stated.. It varies.. In the finance firms I have worked.. Commission and bonuses are paid first or second week of the new month... One place I worked.. Ab microfinance bank pays theirs on 7th..addosser pays theirs on 10th..along with others I have worked.. All places I have worked.. Commissions have never exceeded 15th of the following month..
Re: Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay by Quinns: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
Did u go for this interview and how did it go?

emmiesky:
Please what's the job description of the Operation support guys at Opay? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Transfer Of Service Under Federal Establishment / Rand Merchant Bank Graduate Program Test / Rainoil Limited Current Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.