Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,307 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

The National Identity Management Commission Should Outsource The NIN Enrollment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The National Identity Management Commission Should Outsource The NIN Enrollment (214 Views)

FG Unveils Plans To Launch A New National Identity Card With Special Features / Corporate Affairs Commission Should Be Called To Order / FG Declares September 16 As National Identity day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The National Identity Management Commission Should Outsource The NIN Enrollment by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 22, 2019
Two years ago I applied for my National Identity Card at Mushin Local Government. After obtaining and filling out the registration/enrollment form, my data was captured. Unfortunately, for eight months, it was a frustrating merry-go-round situation. At the end of this period I was nonchalantly informed that their computer had some sort of problem, and crashed, and a lot of data was lost in the process…long and short was that I had to start the whole registration process again.

Infuriated at the NIMC officials’ display of cold indifference I left the place.

A few months ago I was browsing the NMIC’s website and learned of the option of downloading the enrollment form, filling it out, and taking it to a designated registration center.

I quickly downloaded the form, filled it out, and proceeded immediately to Amuwo-Odofin Local Government. Surprisingly, the NIMC officials there firmly rejected my form and went ahead to show me a series of exactly the same enrollment form. But the only difference was that these particular forms had red signatures on them…and they were the only ones acceptable at that local government. And for me to obtain one of these sacred forms I had to put my name on a special list. And to make this list I had to be at the local government as early as 4 AM…which was difficult…given the distance from my place.

I’m aware that many Nigerians are currently experiencing difficulty enrolling for their NIN…because many of the current designated centers are plagued with power issues, lack of adequate human and administrative resources, and a host of other problems. In fact, that day at Amuwo-Odofin LG I made my way into the NIN admin room and saw for myself that just one personnel was seated behind a worn-out, power fluctuating computer device that was supposed to register hundreds of people waiting outside. I almost cried.

My simple question is: why can’t the NIMC outsource the NIN enrollment process? They can do so through banks, telecoms companies, and even select business centers. After all, the banks captured our data for our BVN. And the telecoms companies captured (and continues to capture) our data for (updating) their records.

All these locations have to do is capture our data and forward them to NIMC…and ease the stress/pain being experienced by our people at the many of the current enrollment centers.

And if I may add…I don’t think many Nigerians will object strongly to the idea of even paying a token fee…if only it will save them the headache being currently experienced.

Finally, in this astonishing technological age, the NIMC should devise a way whereby personal data capture will be an online Do-It-Yourself process. If a bank account can be opened from the comfort of one’s home…then I’m compelled to wonder…
Re: The National Identity Management Commission Should Outsource The NIN Enrollment by youngsahito(m): 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
Govt is just making people to suffer just because of this nonsense NIN...They don't always want to do the right thing.
Re: The National Identity Management Commission Should Outsource The NIN Enrollment by ursullalinda(f): 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
Well spoken.....coming to your question.....The government enjoys punishing us because they believe that is the only way to make us submissive...and redundant.....or do you see any one protesting about it.....or drinking gutter water

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari, Said His Setbacks For 2023 Election. / What Do You Know About Benue State? / A Happy Belated Birthday To The PDP Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.