Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant (63701 Views)

My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With / Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw / Man Saved By His Seat Belt After Falling Off A Bridge In Ghastly Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by AutoJoshNG: 11:52am On Nov 22, 2019
It is paramount that all occupants of a car wear seat belt, including pregnant women. Some may say it’s not safe for a pregnant woman to be on seat belt. On the contrary, it is safer for a pregnant woman to be on seat belt. The pregnant woman just need to wear it the right way to avoid impact on the fetus.

Statistics have revealed that your chance of being injured in an accident and/or the severity of injury may be greatly reduced if you are wearing your seat belt. It is strongly recommended that the driver and all passengers buckle up every time they are on board. Using seat belts save lives and reduce impact in crashes.

A guide on how to wear seat belt when pregnant

1. Always wear your seat belt even when in the back seat. The safest type of seat belt to wear is a lap and shoulder belt combination.

2. Place the lab belt below your belly; touching your thighs. Lift belly up, make sure lap belt is low and flat on top of thighs. Never wear the belt above or across your belly.

3. Pull upwards on shoulder belt to make lap belt snug.

4. Shoulder belt should lay between breasts.

5. Tilt steering wheel upwards if possible.

6. Keep vehicle seat as upright as possible. Reclining increases the chance of the lap belt pressing on the uterus in a crash.

7. If you are driving, make sure you keep your belly a safe distance away from the air bag. Slide front seat as far back as possible – to sit as far away from airbag.

8. Never place the shoulder belt under your arm or behind your back.

As you’re preparing for the arrival of your cute baby, read more of our safety post on Autojosh.

Source: https://autojosh.com/how-wear-seat-belt-when-pregnant/

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Skyfornia(m): 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
Educative...but reading this kinda puts me in a jittery mood. The thought alone is scary. God please protect pregnant women against any form of accident.

187 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by guruvick(m): 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nice
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Lexusgs430: 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
Simply stop driving..........

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by bush112(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
U
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by visijo(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
My brothers repeat this prayer after me

December 12 vs 1-31
No woman formed against my pocket shall prosper.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Mrshape: 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
Heavily pregnant women should set at the back and should not drive

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by okomile(f): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
I no fit.

Bolt and Uber dey.

I no dey play with story that will touch the heart with my unborn child.

8 Likes

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by ALPHABASE: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:
E O D. MYND44 KINDLY CLOSE THE THREAD
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Hubsolar: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hmmmmm awkward. Nice one op

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Opexzy: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
Thanks... I will tell my wife in 7 years to come...
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Accelerometer: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
Why should you drive when you're pregnant?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
Preferably heavily pregnant woman shouldn't drive. It's also something that stresses them. It's okay to drive a very short distance
May all expecting mothers deliver in peace and alive to celebrate their new born

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by jayboy112233: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
Laugh grin grin grin
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by xbox360: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nice one
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by jayboy112233: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
Why do you have to drive when you are heavily pregnant like this
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Denko2721987(m): 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You do not need to be a driver to be eligible to wear seat belt..

10 Likes

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Jacqueline22(f): 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Opexzy:
Thanks... I will tell my wife in 7 years to come...
Lol
7yrs is not far again

2 Likes

Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Saintmary(f): 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Skyfornia:
Educative...but reading this kinda puts me in a jittery mood. The thought alone is scary. God please protect pregnant women against any form of accident.
Amen o
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Hotzone(m): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Calm
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Tembebe: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
Educative.But I drove till the 8th month sha before my hubby called family meeting on top my head,lolz
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
Thanks... I will tell maynation in 7 years to come...
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Pidginwhisper: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
shocked
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Lexusgs430: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
Denko2721987:

You do not need to be a driver to be eligible to wear seat belt..

It's advisable for all to wear seat belts in a vehicle.......

Try using a seat belt, at the rear while pregnant......
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Lumig: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
undecidedit's better you don't drive at all if pregnant
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by kittykollinxx(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
I wouldn't have known. Thanks
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by Jasen1(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
Get a driver
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by lovingyouhun: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
Any woman who is that heavy shouldn't drive
Re: This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant by omoadeleye(m): 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
I'm not comfortable with that, i will rather be driving her angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. / Barack Obama Paddling Shirtless On Hawaii Beach / Tavy Pustiu Hit And Killed By Train While Live-streaming Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.