Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? (9807 Views)

Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi's Son Confesses About His Salvation / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 18, 2019
Ken4Christ:

When it says, he cannot sin, it refers to the inner man but the outward man can lead you to sin. Hence Apostle Paul says he puts the outward man, his body under control so he will not be disqualified.

I don't think you are fully into ministry. If you are, you won't talk this way. I have won hundreds of souls to Christ and some of which even get filled with the Holy Spirit. But not all of them continue in the faith.

Your walk with God is a personal decision. If you decide to turn back to the world, God cannot stop you. The choice is still yours.

Even Apostle Paul talked about how difficult it is to reconcile those who have tasted the heavenly gift and the power of the Holy Ghost back to faith.

Please read the entire New Testament Chapter by chapter and verse by verse and you will discover that only those who keep their faith till the end will be saved.

I could give you scores of scriptures but I have low battery. Please stop this demonic doctrine before you land yourself in the very pit of hell. False teachings is a very dangerous sin especially that which makes people ignore the consequences of their errors. This is what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing and yours is not quite different from theirs.

Jesus warned that not everyone that calls him Lord will enter the kingdom but those who do his will.

Apostles Paul warned that God will cut off those who draw back just the way the Jews who did not believe were cut off.

Jesus rebuked the Laodocean church for their lukewarmness and threatened to spue them out if they don't repent.

I am tired of this stupid doctrine that has no scriptural basis. Christ is coming back for only faithful Saints. And he has made provisions for our errors. But if you continue in error without repentance, you will not make heaven. God is not mocked. The ungodly and sinners will not stand in his presence. We have so many ungodly believers today and they must repent to make it. Where do you worship? Is it every one who has received Christ in your church that is service God faithfully. I am not sure if you are a committed believer. Otherwise you won't be talking this way.
yes the immoral, the liars and the ungodly will not enter into the kingdom of God.
Pls point where I said born again Christians do not sin?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2019
francesawesome:
2 Corinthians 4:3 for a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.

The Bible talked about it, so bro don't be surprise to hear men preach this way. All we need to do is either correct them in love, or pray for them to embrace the truth.
smh, do you know what it means to be bornagain?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by Ihedinobi3: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Of course, Christians can fall away!
But any Christian who is banking on being saved after falling away is most likely never been made a new creature and the old self is their principal nature (probably they've learnt church language and mannerisms).

A "saved person" who is NOT a new creation in Christ Jesus should beware! They may never have been ever known by Christ Jesus in the first place!

Gold is gold anywhere: gold doesn't need to do anything to be gold. It is its nature to be previous/gold. Impure gold can still be purified (enter heaven as by fire). Lead may be painted with shining colour but it doesn't make it gold. It may look like 24karat gold, look bigger, look cleaner but it isn't gold.

Salvation is by Transformation into a NEW nature not old nature painted with a similitude of new nature.

This scripture help us see that the power of salvation even goes beyond any Christian to the foundation of the world (before anything was created).
Rom 8:29-30:
"For whom he did foreknow , he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

There is a powerful combination of foreknowledge and predestination from God well before He made anything.

It simply means that God cannot by mistake include anyone's name in the book of life if he'll not make heaven.

Jesus concluded everything by saying: BY THEIR FRUIT ye shall know them!

Mat 24:24:
"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so that,if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

Anyone who is comfortable with sin is most certainly NOT born again even if he came out for alter-call through Reinhard Bonke, Baba Adeboye and Baba Kumuyi altogether accompanied by the laying on of hands.

It is impossible to continue in SIN and expect GRACE (even of salvation) to abound/cover it. It's impossible!

I stand on the Scriptures, shadeyinka. That is what I strive to always do. So whatever they say is what I endeavor to teach.

They teach that if you believe in Jesus Christ, you are saved:

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:18 KJV

That is, this has nothing to do with sin or sinner's prayers. A Christian is anyone who believes in Jesus Christ. If anyone does not believe in Him, being in church or going through the religious motions (including the various legalistic ideals of righteousness) preached in all kinds of churches today will not make them a Christian. Only faith in Jesus Christ makes anyone that (Acts 11:26; 1 Peter 4:16). It is not such people with whom the question of Apostasy is concerned. It is only those who believe.

As I have demonstrated several times from the Scriptures on this thread, those who truly believe can fall away. There are different reasons why they do, but what matters is that they can, and for that reason, all of us who believe have to be careful to "make [our] calling and election sure" (2 Peter 1:10).

As for what happens after apostasy, what we can tell is that people who reject faith in the Lord after believing tend to dismiss any eternal danger to themselves as a result. That is, they typically cease caring about the Lord and the Truth. That is even how they apostatize in the first place. The Bible does not quite say that they can never again return to faith, but it warns stringently against turning away in the first place, since there is no other way to be saved than through faith in Jesus Christ.

Paul warns those who think that they can never be at spiritual risk anymore to be careful of such a thought:

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
1 Corinthians 10:12 KJV

We are yet to be confirmed in our choice of the Lord. As long as we are here on Earth in this mortal body, that choice is still an open question. We have to strive to confirm it every time that we are tested. If we take for granted that we don't need to prepare for such tests and be ready to defend our choice to believe in the Lord, we will soon be struggling to hold on to our faith. In the end, we may very well throw it away just from being offended at being tested regarding our choice. And you can be sure that those tests will come (John 16:33; 1 Peter 1:6-7).

If we persevere until the ends of our lives or until the Lord returns, whichever happens first, we will be resurrected in perfect, eternal bodies that are free of the sin nature and of any inclination to sin anymore. That is how we are confirmed as sons of God. Until that happens, we are responsible to prove that our faith is genuine and real by refusing to fall away under pressure and temptation.

You should see then that anyone who teaches anything different is putting believers who listen to them at terrible risk. If believers do not take care to prepare for the tests of Faith that we must endure in this life and for the many temptations that will attempt to dislodge us from faith in the Lord Jesus, they are almost certain to fall away. So, anything that even remotely suggests that this cannot ever happen is opposed by people like me right up to treating anyone who teaches such a wicked lie as an antichrist.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by francesawesome(f): 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
solite3:
smh, do you know what it means to be bornagain?
I didn't come here to argue with you but to open your eyes. I've not just read the bible, I digested it from Genesis to Revelation several. The bible is something I can never get bored it. I listen to real men of God's preaching. I've read a lot of books, not just anyhow books, the likes of Kathryn Kulman, Smith Wigglesword, Kenneth Hargin, Gordon Lindsay, Robert Liadon etc even our local pastors like David Oyedepo, Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen and more. Everything I hear I weigh it from the scripture. Pastor Chris and other ministers even advise that, in other for one not to be mislead. I've read stories and also witness some of how people backslides and where warned to retrace their step. If you choose to hold unto your believe, I won't argue with you only that I pray for God to open your eyes is it won't be to late for you. You don't hold unto this believe, but you are misleading God flocks. As many as you have mislead, God will hold you accountable. Shalom
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
francesawesome:
I didn't come here to argue with you but to open your eyes. I've not just read the bible, I digested it from Genesis to Revelation several. The bible is something I can never get bored it. I listen to real men of God's preaching. I've read a lot of books, not just anyhow books, the likes of Kathryn Kulman, Smith Wigglesword, Kenneth Hargin, Gordon Lindsay, Robert Liadon etc even our local pastors like David Oyedepo, Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen and more. Everything I hear I weigh it from the scripture. Pastor Chris and other ministers even advise that, in other for one not to be mislead. I've read stories and also witness some of how people backslides and where warned to retrace their step. If you choose to hold unto your believe, I won't argue with you only that I pray for God to open your eyes is it won't be to late for you. You don't hold unto this believe, but you are misleading God flocks. As many as you have mislead, God will hold you accountable. Shalom
@ bolded what belief?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by oaroloye(m): 8:40am On Dec 24, 2019
MISHIGAS!

solite3:

The answer to that question biblically is a resounding, clear, emphatic, joyful, glorious “No.” A born-again person cannot become dead, cannot be unborn again. I will give some biblical thinking here, trying to be as textual as possible, and not just theological.

(1) THE MOST STUPID THING YOU CAN EVER DO IN ANY UNIVERSE IS TO TRUST A SINNER!

The Oyinbos are the most despicable Race on Earth. Blessed with The Bible, they weaponized It- as they do all God's Bountys- and used It as a basis of Murder and Conquest.

Please feel free to research Oyinbo Christianity. Look at how they have used The Bible From The Beginning. Read up on the people responsible for The Bible-Constantine, Eusebius, Origen. Examine their Core Beliefs: Sun Worship, Politics, Arianism.

Understand why Oyinbo Christianity has constantly failed upwards.

Examine Oyinbo Policy and History since they met the peoples of Africa and the Americas. Observe how they treated us.

See how they used Missionaries to find out where we were, and what we had, and then sent in soldiers to claim it, and enforce their taking it from us.

Research the so-called JEWS.

The occupants of Israel are not the descendants of the people of The Bible, led from Egypt by Moses.

The Oyinbos have known this From The Beginning. Blacks were the original Hebrews. The Ancients of Egypt and Canaan were Black people.

The Oyinbos have struggled for Centuries to cover that up, and pretend that we were all savages, living like animals, until they came, and blessed us with Civilization.

We were civilized already.

During the 19the Century, it was discovered by preachers HENRY MOOREHOUSE and DWIGHT LYMAN MOODY that literally 100 times more converts could be made by changing ONE LETTER of ONE VERSE of The Bible.

. JOHN 3:16.

16. "For God so loved the World,
that He gave His only Begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him
should not Perish,
but have Everlasting Life."

WAS CHANGED TO THIS:

. [b]JOHN 3:16.

16. "For God so loves the World,
that He gave His only Begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him
should not Perish,
but have Everlasting Life."

ALL OTHER CHURCHES IN AMERICA RESISTED THIS TEACHING AS HERESY, AT FIRST.

Until it was realized that Dwight L. Moody was making more converts than the rest of them combined!

The Oyinbos have always adopted any heretical teaching that brings in money.

Religion is a either a Business to them, a Political Tool, or both.

THIS MAD OYINBO IS TELLING US THAT SALVATION CANNOT BE LOST, BECAUSE THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE OFF OF SUCKERS WHO FALL FOR THAT!

solite3:

No Dropouts

The life that is imparted in the new birth is precisely eternal life. “This is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life [has given us eternal life], and this life is in his Son” (1 John 5:11). So he didn’t give us temporary life. He gave us eternal life. We are already participating in the life of the age to come.

“If you are called, you cannot lose your salvation.”

BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANITY IS A MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER.

The Human Mind has the capability of creating personalities with which to handle the World. These can number from the hundreds into thousands in a normal person.

Research into this phenomenon is a fascinating affair, that can become a lifetime career- PSYCHIATRY.

Many shallow-minded people would immediately reject the idea that they have multiple personalities that they do not control. One would have to have been raised in unusual circumstances not to be aware of this.

When interacting with different people, we do not normally act and react the same way. If your father insulted you, you would not react the same way if you heard the same remark from your younger brother, a friend, a neighbour, an enemy, or a complete stranger.

The personality you use to interact with all of those people is different.

Some of these personalities are more helpful than others, while others are highly detrimental. The interesting thing is that the person exhibiting these personalities normally thinks that all of them are appropriate and necessary.

It is only when it becomes apparent that personalities we adopt are inefficient or counterproductive that a question of "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? comes in.

Alarm begins when we realize that we must change the personalities that are detrimental to our well-being- and find that we cannot.

For instance, there may be people who can always get money out of us, even though we know that they will never pay us back on time- if at all.

There are people who turn us into instant slaves, just by walking into the room- after they have left, we wonder how we agreed to do things for them that we don't want- but do them, anyway.

On the other hand, there are people who always do what we want, when we frame the request in a particular way- but which "works" on no one else.

We manipulate our personalities to handle people we interact with- whether we know we are doing it or not.

There are very important things to be aware of with Multiple Personalities, that Oyinbo Science is only just beginning to accept- whereas the Ancients knew them Millennia ago.

For instance, HYPNOTISM can be used to switch personalities from one to another, like TV Channels, so that the same person can apparently become different people.

Dangerous experimentation entered into in the 20th Century suggests that these alternate personalities- "ALTERS," LITERALLY ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

For instance, a person can be quite drunk, then hypnotized, and "switched" into an Alter that is sober.

A person can be so switched into personalities that are psychosomatically sick, allergic, stupid, or smart- whereas, this is the same person, the whole time.

Their body has not changed.

They have not been drugged.

They have not been tortured.

But their minds and brain chemistry have radically altered!

As with all things with the potential for great good, the Oyinbo just had to weaponize it!

During the 2nd World War, mad Nazi Scientist, JOSEF MENGELE was researching the effects of Hypnosis with Drugs and Torture on Jewish Detainees.

After the War, he was inducted into the OSS to complete his research for the Americans. This was called OPERATION PAPERCLIP. He was taken to Canada, where they experimented on Orphans, until the Government became aware of what they were doing, and expelled them.

By then, he had perfected his procedure, and was ready to test it on American Citizens.

Basically, they kidnapped anyone they wanted, rendered them unconscious, hypnotized them while they were being tortured, under the influence of drugs, and ordered them to forget being kidnapped and processed, but to remember to always obey whatever they were ordered by whoever gave them the Handler Code.

They were then returned to the sites of their abductions, and allowed to go on with their lives, unaware that they were now unpaid Slaves of the US Government Intelligence Community.

The OFFICE OF STRATEGIC SERVICES were able to create instant Slaves in a matter of hours, and when they became the CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY, they inherited this weapon, and it became known as MIND-KONTROL ULTRA.

The existence of MK-ULTRA was strenuously denied, until Senator JESSE HELMS' 1973 Investigation of the CIA proved its existence. Jesse Helms then became the next Director of the CIA.

The Guyana PEOPLE'S TEMPLE Cult massacre of November 18, 1978, in which 700 Christians committed mass-suicide by "voluntarily" drinking poison, after a Congressman had come to investigate them, appears to have been the coverup of an MK-ULTRA Experiment.

The abortive 25th December, 2009 CHRISTMAS BOMBING, by UMAR FAROUK MUTALLAB has the typical hallmarks of MK-ULTRA Mind-Control.

The eyewitness account of CNN Reporter KEN "PUG" HASKELL, testifies of him being shunted onto the plane by an Agent. Himself looking dazed, and unaware of his surroundings.

All he knew was the orders he was given.

He could have been kidnapped and programmed even hours before this incident.

Before him, we had no such thing as SUICIDE-BOMBERS. You could not get a Nigerian to buy a busted phone- suddenly, you got people to strap on explosives, and blow themselves up- while the person who sends them stays at home, safe?

Nigerians never did that before.

Now, it seems, we do.

Clearly, this is MENTAL MANIPULATION Muslims never did before, BUT THE CIA DID, FROM THE BEGINNING.

BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANITY IS PERSONALITY MANIPULATION.

The stated GOAL of THE GOSPEL is to CHANGE A CHRISTIAN'S PERSONALITY FROM SINNER TO YESHUA.

. JOHN 3:1-21.

THERE was a man of the Pharisees,
named Nicodemus,
a Ruler of the Jews:
2. The same came to Jesus
by night,
and said unto him,
"Rabbi, we know
that thou art a Teacher
come from God:
for no man can do
these Miracles
that thou doest,
except God be with him."

3. Jesus answered
and Said unto him,

"Verily, verily,
I Say unto thee,

'EXCEPT A MAN
BE BORN AGAIN,
HE CANNOT SEE
THE KINGDOM OF GOD.'

4. Nicodemus saith unto him,
"How can a man be born
when he is old?
Can he enter the second time
into his mother's womb,
and be born?"

5. Jesus answered,

"Verily, verily,
I Say unto thee,

'EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN
OF WATER AND OF THE SPIRIT,
HE CAN NOT ENTER INTO
THE KINGDOM OF GOD.'

6. "That which is Born
of the Flesh
is flesh;
and that which is Born
of The Spirit
is spirit.
7. "Marvel not
that I Said unto thee,

'YE MUST BE
BORN AGAIN.'

8. "The wind bloweth
where it listeth,
and thou hearest
the sound thereof,
but canst not tell
whence it cometh,
and whither it goeth:
so is every one
that is Born of The Spirit."

9. Nicodemus answered
and said unto him,

"How can these things be?"

10. Jesus answered
and Said
unto him,

"Art thou a Master of Israel,
and knowest not
these things?
11. "Verily, verily,
I Say unto thee,

'WE SPEAK
THAT WE DO KNOW,
AND TESTIFY
THAT WE HAVE SEEN;
AND YE RECEIVE NOT
OUR WITNESS.'

12. "If I have told you
Earthly Things,
and ye believe not,
how shall ye believe,
if I tell you
of Heavenly Things?
13. "And no man
hath ascended up to Heaven,
but he that came down
from Heaven,
even The Son of Man
which is in Heaven.
14. "And as Moses lifted up
the Serpent in the Wilderness,
even so must The Son of Man
be lifted up:
15. "That whosoever
believeth in him
should not perish,
but have Eternal Life.
16. "For God so loved
the World,
that He gave
His only Begotten Son,
that whosoever
believeth in him
should not Perish,
but have Everlasting Life.
17. "For God sent not His Son
into the World
to Condemn the World;
but that the World through him
might be Saved.
18. "He that believeth in him
is not Condemned:
but he that believeth not
is Condemned Already,
because he hath not
believed in
The Name of The Only
Begotten Son of God.
19. "And this is The Condemnation,

'THAT LIGHT IS COME
INTO THE WORLD,
AND MEN LOVED DARKNESS
RATHER THAN LIGHT,
BECAUSE THEIR DEEDS
WERE EVIL.'

20. "For every one
that doeth Evil
hateth The Light,
neither cometh
to The Light,
lest his deeds
should be reproved.
21. "But he that doeth Truth
cometh to The Light,
that his deeds
may be manifest,
that they are
wrought in God."

"BORN AGAIN" IN NORTHERN ARAMAIC MEANS: "TO CHANGE ONE'S THOUGHTS AND HABITS." NICODEMUS SPOKE SOUTHERN ARAMAIC, AND HENCE DID NOT UNDERSTAND JESUS.
[Footnote to JOHN 3:3,5 in the George Lamsa Peshitta Bible.]

I am sure that as many as 99% of "BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS" would NEVER have joined, if it had been made clear to them, that THE PURPOSE OF THE GOSPEL IS TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT MADE THEM THEM, AND REPLACE IT WITH EVERYTHING THAT MADE LORD YESHUA YESHUA!

All Oyinbo-made Christian Religion is based on the LIE that none of that is necessary: that "YOU CAN BE A CHRISTIAN- BUT STILL BE YOURSELF!

No. You cannot.

solite3:

Here is another crucial word: “Those whom he predestined.” This is from Romans 8:30: “Those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.” Now, glorification is the final state of permanent salvation. This verse says that all the called — with nobody dropping out — are justified, and all the justified — with nobody dropping out — are glorified.

So the answer is this: If you are called, you cannot lose your salvation. And I am going to argue that being called and being born again are identical biblical categories. We will be justified, and we will be glorified, because we have been called — that is, we have been born again.

"PREDESTINATION" IS AN OYINBO PHILOSOPHICAL PARADOXICAL BELIEF, BASED ON THE HERESY OF THE OMNISCIENCE/OMNIPRESENCE/OMNIPOTENCE OF GOD.

God does not have those attributes, and has never claimed, implied, nor pretended that He does.

Notice how those introducing the Beliefs to you NEVER LEAD WITH SCRIPTURE!

They use MIND-CONTROL TRICKS to get you to accept the Teaching FIRST.

OMNIPOTENCE: the ability to do absolutely anything, at anywhere, or anytime, against any opposing conditions or powers.

OMNIPRESENCE: the quality of being present everywhere, and absent from nowhere.

OMNISCIENCE: the Knowledge of every fact and datum in Past, Present, and Future.

The first three Chapters of GENESIS debunk all of the theories that God has those attributes.

Ignoring them, the Pharisees seem to have said:

"GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING THAT WE ARE GOING TO DO, AND HAS THE POWER TO STOP US, IF HE WANTS, SO THAT, IF WE SHOULD NOT BE DOING WHATEVER WE WANT TO DO, HE WOULD STOP US:THEREFORE IT MUST BE THE WILL OF GOD FOR US TO TORTURE AND KILL THESE SELF-PROCLAIMED PROPHETS!!!"

This is how Oyinbo Christian leaders justify every wicked thing they do- from abusing children to invading, bombing, and plundering nations that never did them any harm.

This Doctrine is integral to their lifestyle.

solite3:

Beckoned to Life

The kind of call Paul is talking about in Romans 8:30 is the call of Lazarus, by Jesus, from the grave: “Lazarus, I know you are dead. Now come out” (see John 11:43). The call creates the life, and that is what happened to everybody who is a Christian: God’s sovereign call created the life. That means that there is a promise attached to the call.

Here are a few texts that show this connection. First Thessalonians 5:23–24 says, “May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely . . . at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.” So the logic here is: If you have been called, God is faithful. You will be kept for the last day.

Or here it is again in 1 Corinthians 1:8–9: Christ “will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son.” So now you can go back and see why (in Romans 8:30) all the called are justified, and all the justified are glorified — because God is faithful. There is nothing automatic.

PAUL WAS A FALSE CHRISTIAN, WHO LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING. ALL OF HIS TEACHINGS ARE ACTUALLY PHARISEE PRINCIPLES LORD YESHUA HAD CONDEMNED.

The Disciples all knew this, of course, and gleefully used him to destroy their competition.

[To be Continued:]
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by ochibuogwu5: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
For those saying a believer/christian can sin, die in sin without repentance and still go to heaven: Ephesians 5:3-14 Amplified Bible (AMP)

3 But sexual immorality and all [moral] impurity [indecent, offensive behavior] or greed must not even be hinted at among you, as is proper among saints [for as believers our way of life, whether in public or in private, reflects the validity of our faith]. 4 Let there be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse [obscene or vulgar] joking, because such things are not appropriate [for believers]; but instead speak of your thankfulness [to God].

*5 For be sure of this: no immoral, impure, or greedy person—for that one is [in effect] an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God [for such a person places a higher value on something other than God].

6 Let no one deceive you with empty arguments [that encourage you to sin], for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience [those who habitually sin]. 7 So do not participate or even associate with them [in the rebelliousness of sin].*

8 For once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of Light [live as those who are native-born to the Light] 9 (for the fruit [the effect, the result] of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), 10 trying to learn [by experience] what is pleasing to the Lord [and letting your lifestyles be examples of what is most acceptable to Him—your behavior expressing gratitude to God for your salvation]. 11 Do not participate in the worthless andunproductive deeds of darkness, but instead expose them [by exemplifying personal integrity, moral courage, and godly character]; 12 for it is disgraceful even to mention the things that such people practice in secret. 13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light [of God’s precepts], for [a]it is light that makes everything visible. 14 For this reason He says,

“Awake, sleeper,
And arise from the dead,
And Christ will shine [as dawn] upon you and give you light.”

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by ochibuogwu5: 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
Luke 11:35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On May 17, 2023
ochibuogwu5:
Luke 11:35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
That is the fate of those who will end up in Hell. They are, all of them born-again and hence saved from perishing in the grave. But sadly, that means that they will instead spend eternity which was gifted to them in eternal damnation. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On May 19, 2023
■ A lady was a fervent member of her church choir, she got into the university and decided to get a boyfriend. One day she went to visit her man and she lost her virginity through fornication. On her way back home, she had a fatal accident and died and ended up in hell. If you die with an unconfessed sin, you will end up in hell. This story I told isn't fiction. It's a revelation from God. Let him that has ears hear what the S
I put it to you that this story of yours is of fable and this has to do with the fact that there is nobody in Hellfire even to this day; Jesus Christ explained why in His Gospel - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On May 23, 2023
ichuka:
■ Hi bro These topic had been trashed here in NL. Christains need to understand the full/correct meaning of Mercy/Grace of God. Even in the OT the Mercy of God in the life of David was SURE!!thats no matter what David did,Mercy covers all.
That's the sole reason the Kingdom wasn't taken away from his linage. Isaiah55:3..,Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you— The sure mercies of David.
One of the first things you were told of the kid named David was that he was first a righteous man — a man after God's own heart — and it is for this very reason that God replaced Saul, an unrighteous King with Him, but also promised David his lineage with be on the throne forever. You cannot go around comparing his life and situation with that of every unrighteous person you meet who claims to be born-again. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Life Lessons And Teachings Of Jesus That The World Needs / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? / Can Any Atheist Anywhere In The World Provide A Reasonable Answer To This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.