Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor (35761 Views)

Tinubu Already Serving Igbo ‘bread Soaked In Water’ — Nwodo / While Obi Was Selling Tomato Ketchup, Tinubu Already Paid His Dues – Fani-Kayode / Amaechi Became Governor Without Participating In Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by hisexcellency34: 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Friday said Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos and national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was a very wealthy man years before he became a public office holder.

Speaking on the allegations of corruption leveled against Tinubu and various petitions written against him , Sagay said during the struggle for the realisation of June 12, Tinubu used his personal money to finance several organIsations, including the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) after many of the leaders, went into exile to escape the wrath of late Head of State, Sani Abacha.

While frowning at what he described as persecution against Tinubu, Sagay said Tinubu became wealthy on account of his hard work and investments and didn’t become rich overnight after he was elected as governor of Lagos.
“Tinubu was already very rich before he became governor. He is not a man who became rich after he joined the government.

He worked in the petroleum sector. I recalled that during the course of his fight with Abacha, he had to escape for his life in order to join so many other people like Anthony Enahoro, Wole Soyinka and many other pro-democracy activists”.

“Tinubu was the one funding quite a lot of the organisations and those staying abroad. So, he has always been a man of means. It will be ridiculous that having come back to the country, won’t he invest his money into various ventures? So, no one should be surprised that he is a rich man”.

“All I know is that he is rich from his own hard work, investments and therefore, he should be given the benefit of the doubt instead of being subjected to the persecution which some people want him to be subjected to,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/bullion-vans-tinubu-already-very-rich-before-he-became-governor-sagay/

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by SalamRushdie: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
Shameless liar !!!!!! Okay let's agree he was rich even though we know it's a huge lie ..Would any PDP politician be allowed to park a bullion van of cash in his house just before an election?

Meanwhile Sagay why don't you show us the Business Tinubu made so much money from before being governor and how tax he paid then

287 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Jengem: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
Baba scam coke dealer extraordinaire

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Jengem: 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Shameless liar !!!!!! Okay let's agree he was rich even though we know it's a huge lie ..Would any PDP politician be allowed to park a bullion van of cash in his house before and election?

Meanwhile Sagay why don't you show us the Business Tinubu made so much money from before being governor and how tax he paid then

He made a fortune from coke

And made an enterprise from the commonwealth of Lagosians

Now he wants to be farosident

Jagaban like madam tinubu selling his people into slavery since 922 B.C.

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by sweetonugbu: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
To the rich men , more loot is entrusted to them but for the masses even the money to buy garri shall be taken from them, says PROPHET SAGEY

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Bola146(f): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
angry angry Continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by AtikuNetwork: 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
I am an unapologetic Atiku supporter but I find it strange when some people speak as if Tinubu is suppose to becoming poor or his wealth should be less because he was once a governor. That is absolutely nonsense. He has been out of office since 2007, are his detractors suggesting that he should suddenly become poor as an ex-governor or not do business and prosper out of office?? Some people should receive brain.

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by hisexcellency34: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
Good question here

AtikuNetwork:
I am an unapologetic Atiku supporter but I find it strange when some people speak as if Tinubu is suppose to becoming poor or his wealth should be less because he was once a governor. That is absolutely nonsense. He has been out of office since 2007, are his detractors suggesting that he should suddenly become poor as an ex-governor or not do business and prosper out of office?? Some people should receive brain.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by oyin44: 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
Well ,in short it's unjust to accuse tinubu on HEAR SAY

7 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by wingmanIII: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Is working in the Petroleum sector enough to make anyone very rich?
Well, every politician was very rich before getting into government or public service. Let us do away with any "fight" against corruption. It makes no sense.
Disband EFCC and ICPC asap.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Danzakidakura(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
AtikuNetwork:
you try by avoiding the main question of Bullion van on the eve of election, how many private individual have you seen with two bullion van stock with cash, we believe if prosper investigation is to be conducted Buhari will be indicted. So stop being a hypocrite and forget about ATIKU. Stand for what is right. You are one of the problem Nigeria is in a mess today.

175 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by AtikuNetwork: 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
Danzakidakura:
you try by avoiding the main question of Bullion van on the eve of election, how many private individual have you seen with two bullion van stock with cash, we believe if prosper investigation is to be conducted Buhari will be indicted. So stop being a hypocrite and forget about ATIKU. Stand for what is right. You are one of the problem Nigeria is in a mess today.

You must have a serious comprehension problem Mr. man. If you have problem with Tinubu bullion van go and open a separate topic about that. I am only saying my feelings about what Sagay said and he didn't mentioned any bullion van. And I can't forget about Atiku because some misguided people like you also try to question Turaki's source of wealth since leaving customs service and serving as VP many years ago, as if such men are supposed to become broke or less wealthy after leaving government. If you don't know, Tinubu and Atiku are long time business associates with stakes in Intels. Instead of worrying about how others made their wealth, double your hustle and go and make your own money Mr. Man.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by jahsharon: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
Prof., with all due respect sir to your age as a respected elder, to your your enviable academic achievements and to your important status in our nation, this shouldn't be coming from you. You need not defend any politician dead or alive, local or foreign.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by danny56: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
Okay... Maybe he was a drug Baron then....

Thieves every where!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by plaindealer: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
AtikuNetwork:

You must have a serious comprehension problem Mr. man. If you have problem with Tinubu bullion van go and open a separate topic about that. I am only saying my feelings about what Sagay said and he didn't mentioned any bullion van. And I can't forget about Atiku because some misguided people like you also try to question Turaki's source of wealth since leaving customs service and serving as VP many years ago, as if such men are supposed to become broke or less wealthy after leaving government. If you don't know, Tinubu and Atiku are long time business associates with stakes in Intels. Instead of worrying about how others made their wealth, double your hustle and go and make your own money Mr. Man.

Plain and obvious fact many of these hateful and bitter people are so clueless about.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Ruggedniggaone: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
AtikuNetwork:

see this mumu,is there any different between atiku and tinubu?both of them are thief stop defending undefendable pity the future of your children

29 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by plaindealer: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:
see this mumu,is there any different between atiku and tinubu?both of them are thief stop defending undefendable pity the future of your children

Do you have any proof that Tinubu stole money from anywhere?

31 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
plaindealer:

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by AtikuNetwork: 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:

You that you are not a thief like Atiku and Tinubu, what have you achieved so far in your life? When will you run for office and perform your own magic of governance so that we can finally witness your government of a saint? Abi both Atiku and Tinubu no be your papa mate?? If you are too shy to contest, tell your father that is not a thief to run for office too now, abi? You people will be calling politicians thieves yet you can't contest and win elections. Bad belle kee you there. angry

30 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
plaindealer:

Plain and obvious fact many of these hateful and bitter people are so clueless about.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
plaindealer:

Do you have any proof that Patience Jonathan stole money from anywhere?

24 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
AtikuNetwork:

You that you are not a thief like Atiku and Tinubu, what have you achieved so far in your life? When will you run for office and perform your own magic of governance so that we can finally witness your government of a saint? Abi both Atiku and Tinubu no be your papa mate?? If you are too shy to contest, tell your father that is not a thief to run for office too now, abi? You people will be calling politicians thieves yet you can't contest and win elections. Bad belle kee you there. angry

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
Front page Lalastiscala
Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
danny56:
Okay... Maybe he was a drug Baron then....

Thieves every where!

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by AtikuNetwork: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
[quote author=djdutchbrah post=84268341][/quote]

You people said worst about Buhari, yet he is your president today. You are not God. And Insha Allah, Atiku will be your next president. You will surely live to witness it, Insha Allah.

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
AtikuNetwork:

Bullion van will be discussed here.Even His coke business will also be discussed

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by AtikuNetwork: 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Bullion van will be discussed here.Even His coke business will also be discussed

You can even discuss how he sex his wife if you like, that is your business. I have already made my point. Now you can crawl back into the hole you came out from.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by AgentNairaland(f): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
From The Encyclopedia Ergonomics Britannica, Tinubu Is Richer Than Lagos State

Tinubu Can Buy The Whole Afonja South West Region

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
AgentNairaland:
From The Encyclopedia Ergonomics Britannica, Tinubu Is Richer Than Lagos State

Tinubu Can Buy The Whole Afonja South West Region
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by plaindealer: 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
djdutchbrah:

1. I wasn't talking to you.

2. I asked for the other mumu poster to show proof that Tinubu stole money.

If you can not answer my question, keep quiet and sit somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by plaindealer: 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
AtikuNetwork:

You can even discuss how he sex his wife if you like, that is your business. I have already made my point. Now you can crawl back into the hole you came out from.

Great response. grin

4 Likes

Re: Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lol. We know. You can't be an alleged Chicago drug baron without amassing wealth.

Anyway, he shouldn't find it difficult to prove to the EFCC right?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria / APC Supporters Escape Death While Celebrating Buhari's Re-election. Photos / Buhari is concerned over insecurity - Lawan, Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.