Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,144 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria (64930 Views)

Nyesom Wike Receives Orubebe, PDP Senators In Rivers / Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? / Your Son Has Returned - Tejuoso Makes U-turn As Buhari Meet Senators In Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
These numbers have been on the NASS website for years. I’ve seen them multiple time before so why are Nigerians just knowing this now?

Just go to NASS website, you will see the numbers of all the senators and email address.

For example, Senator Abba Moro of Benue!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by habsydiamond(m): 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
What's the essence of distributing their numbers when we already know that most of them no ready to help anyone despite their hefty monthly allowance. Politicians only do things to show... Unlike the philanthropists we have in this country.. actions speak for them not voice.
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by SherUnlock: 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
Get your NORD VPN for cheap.
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by unbitchable(m): 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2019
I tried calling the man who sponsored the bill but his line was connecting. I doubt if his line will ever again be available.
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by nlPoster: 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
Blue3k:

Its public information.

Do they have websites as well?
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by nlPoster: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
LegendHero:
These numbers have been on the NASS website for years. I’ve seen them multiple time before so why are Nigerians just knowing this now?

Just go to NASS website, you will see the numbers of all the senators and email address.

Someone asked how he could contact his state senator.

1 Like

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
nlPoster:

Someone asked how he could contact his state senator.

Okay got you
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by nasoeb: 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
Please people, I dont and will never support suicide. Not only does taking life you cant create is condemnable, it baffles me how a president, a governor, a local gov chairman/woman, a councillor and all the fed, state and local gov aids will introduce wicked, anti-people's policies that will cause maximum suffering in the country. While the politicians are in expensive mansions, offices, cars with their families, gfs and concubines enjoying themselves with the peoples money, then one person will just go and die. I ask, leaving who to stand up to this wicked politicians for your suffer?
Listen to me and listen very very well, if the politicians suffer you in your own country and you feel like killing yourself, PLEASE look for the nearest politician and murder him. Then you can commit your suicide in peace.
This way you are sure your children, grand children and love ones wont suffer in your absence. And other uselesss politicians will stop all these rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by Femich18(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
DaBogu:
Amazing!!!! I just called Sen. A. Oriolowo and he picked. I explained to him every reason why he shouldn’t be in support of the #SocialMediaBill and he stated his position in which fake news was prominent . After the back and forth , he agreed to look into into the bill again in details as I stated some portions of the bill that should be repealed . He was happy I called and said he would call back to give me updates

Really?
its cool if truly he said that

5 Likes

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
nlPoster:

Do they have websites as well?

They have phone numbers, email addresses, office address and sometimes social media.

https://www.nassnig.org/mps/senators
https://www.nassnig.org/mps/members

3 Likes

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by nlPoster: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
Blue3k:

They have phone numbers, email addresses, office address and sometimes social media.

https://www.nassnig.org/mps/senators
https://www.nassnig.org/mps/members

Thanks.

I saw one Senator's impressive website so I was wondering.

1 Like

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by omohlexy: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
Fake! Real email of govt officials must be on a govt. Domain. Eg @gov.ng or @gov.com
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
LegendHero:

Most are ignorant and just like ranting on social media for attention. Some people even ask do they pick respond like they didnt try it themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by heo88(m): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Olamsoh:
What did he say?
I called my senator, he asked me to speak in Yoruba, so we had the conversation in Yoruba language. We spoke at length, he even called me back when the call ended due to network issue. He mentioned the name of someone (I know) that was spreading falsehood about him. I told him he doesn’t need a social media bill to sue someone who spreads falsehood about him, that he can sue him for defamation of character. He said he’s not in support of the bill o, but he has been a victim of negative social media before. In conclusion, he sha said, " Olamsoh, I don’t support social media gag". If you haven’t called your senator, it’s never too late to do so. We need to keep this momentum going. Don’t forget to email your senator today!!!!! Don’t attack them when you’re getting in contact but rather be professional and clear with your words .

Correct guy ��

4 Likes

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by hightempo(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
Dear Senators,

My name is Jeffrey. I’m a constituent of Osun Central and East Districts as a resident and indigene respectively.

I don’t want to take so much of your time, so I’ll cut to the chase. I initiate this correspondence to register my displeasure and disproval of the proposed Social Media Bill which has been rumored to have climaxed to its second reading.

I find it disheartening that despite the relentless pursuit of the government in proposing hostile and inhumane policies, representatives have joined the Executive to partake in further desecration of the basic right of Nigerians.

It is our right to speak up at all times. Falsehood is a natural phenomenon and, unless one resides in an imaginary world or heaven, this is always bound to happen. The intention of the Nigerian Senate—and by extension the National Assembly—to quickly escalate the passage of this bill raises so many questions and exposes the unwillingness and purposeful failure of this arm of government to take important matters with the same intensity of seriousness.

It’s a little understandable that the government may be concerned about falsehood and its propagation, however this unwarranted fear merely demonstrates the obvious lack of transparency by every arm of the government. If the government were to be open about all its endeavors as constitutionally mandated in favor of the citizen’s right to information, we wouldn’t be here grappling and fighting tooth and nail to oppose a bill that should never have been prepared in such a society as Nigeria.

To imagine the many challenges Nigerians are facing are being ignored at the expense of the ego of government officials elected by the people is quite frankly very upsetting to say the very least.

The proposal of such bill is selfish. The Nigerian officials have not merited such feeling of anguish because they have NOT done anything for the people who elected them. Representatives were elected to SERVE the interest of their constituents and NOT to worry about how news—false or true—affects them.

Nigerians are suffering at the expense of the unmerited inflated salaries of the legislature, and 469 people, at the comfort of their chambers, with heavy security waiting for them outside and scores of aides at their beck and call, want to make such call take away the basic right of over 150 million Nigerians without even being consulted!? That is NOT done and it is simply unacceptable.

Government should be 100% transparent in their dealings and “fake news” will inevitably fizzle out, if that’s really the concern of the Nigerian Senate.

A claim was made that fake news could cause attacks and reprisal attacks. That is false. There is no statistic or record that shows that fake news caused any attack in the country up till date. We live in an era where an information travels faster than you can say hello. If a lie travels fast, the truth travels just as fast through the same medium.

There is no justification to eliminate people’s basic rights because some people in government feel unjustifiably aggrieved. The acts of a few should and will NOT determine the elimination of people’s basic rights.

There are courts already to deal with cases of libel and similar grievances, unless the National Assembly is saying the courts are no longer reliable.

This is a disastrous bill and should not be supported in any way by anyone who’s gained the backing and trust of the people at the polls.

I trust that you will not only revisit this bill and study it further but that you will also reach out to members of your district to properly explain this bill to them and get their consent before taking any decision.

I believe more correspondences such as this shall be coming your way from more concerned people, even to your colleagues from all over the country.

Thank you for your time. (Copied)

8 Likes

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by qanda: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Good
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by NwaOhafia: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2019
yazga:
I have sent mine, what are you waiting for.

Brotherly!!!

1 Like

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by Afamed: 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
damtan:
Will.they really be checking their mails
Make a start, don't give up before the fight

1 Like

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by ekestic1976(f): 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2019
Think they'll pick the calls or read the mails? They're BEGGARS during electioneering, but Lords of the Manor upon Inauguration. Can't just waste my time.
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by johncreek: 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
Honestly, I laugh,
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by ultimatebas(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
For those people always begging for alms on nairaland. These are the right people to beg for money not nairalanders trying to make ends meet. Who has Buhari and Osibanjo's numbers please provide the numbers.
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by Akpuobi1: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
Only Contact details

What of their house address

They need to eat new yam one after another. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by naijadrivablog: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
They will change it as soon as they know that it is on the internet or it may not be reachable.

Audio phone numbers grin
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by Raxxye(m): 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
I can imagine the amount of calls these guys will be receiving from now!

"Oga senator, my pikin dey purge. Abeg send me small thing; nothing is too small, nothing is too big!" grin

3 Likes

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2019
ultimatebas:
For those people always begging for alms on nairaland. These are the right people you to beg for money not nairalanders trying to make ends meet. Who has Buhari and Osibanjo's numbers please provide the numbers.

You cant get in contact with them directly. Btw presidency on nairaland is the official handle of statehouse.

https://statehouse.gov.ng/participate/

Raxxye:
I can imagine the amount of calls these guys will be receiving from now!

"Oga senator, abeg send me small thing; nothing is too small, nothing is too big!"

On countries like US you wont get opportunity to speak with them on the phone. It wil be some aids handling the hundreds of calls. If you happen to be in the capital you xan personally talk to them in their office or lobby if you catch them.
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by nlPoster: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
For their general numbers, shouldn't they have people answering the phones though?
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by isnovic(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
And you thought freedom was free!!! APC and Buharist how far?

Enjoy next level Biko, why the noise all over the place.
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by johbara: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
any number that is not 0803 or 0805 na scam
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by alezzy13: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
yazga:
I have sent mine, what are you waiting for.

Beautiful.
Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by ogongogames(m): 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
I've previously tried contacting senators, government officials and even state house of assembly members (this year) via e-mail and I never even received an acknowledgment of my emails. Only Babajide Sanwo-Olu personally responded (or a member of his staff) with a tailored e-mail that actually answered my queries. Kudos to him. I have yet to try calling phone numbers though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria by Kuvuki7788: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
They won't even pick the call

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fada Oluoma Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict On Imo Election / Wike Employs Wife Of Joseph Blankson Who Died After Saving 13 People / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.