Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) (43149 Views)

Catholic Priest Offers Opening Prayer At UNN Conference On Witchcraft / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It / UNN To Host Conference On Witchcraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Yes, I want u to accept the gift of salvation - that Christ died for your sins, instead of baseless arguments predicated on LINATIC FRINGE STUFF!!

You're already born with salvation, so you don't need to get it from a European.

You're already free!!

You did not commit an ''original sin'', therefore, you don't need to be saved. All that are chains put on your mind to control you.

I am already saved. It is you that need to free yourself from the religious prison that has made you such a good slave.

Free your mind!!. Release yourself!!

2 Likes

Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 24, 2019
Autobot45:

For a mind that knows is a mind that's truly free

Hmmmm... True. Very true. That's one of my favorite occult sayings.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by fortran12: 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

Again, there were so many JesusES because that was the most popular male child name in Palestine at that time. Yes, many of them were killed but none of them was born by a virgin, walked on water, resurrected from dead. The Jesus that was born by a virgin, walked on water, resurrected from dead, it pure literature.

Below is how historian, Kenneth Humphreys, answered the question of many JesusES in his book; Jesus never existed:

Was there a Jesus? Of course there was a Jesus – many!

The archetypal Jewish hero was Joshua (the successor of Moses) otherwise known as Yehoshua (Yeshua) bin Nun (‘Jesus of the fish’). Since the name Jesus (Yeshua or Yeshu in Hebrew, Iesous in Greek, source of the English spelling) originally was a title (meaning ‘saviour’, derived from ‘Yahweh Saves’) probably every band in the Jewish resistance had its own hero figure sporting this moniker, among others.

Josephus, the first century Jewish historian mentions no fewer than nineteen different Yeshuas/Jesii, about half of them contemporaries of the supposed Christ! In his Antiquities, of the twenty-eight high priests who held office from the reign of Herod the Great to the fall of the Temple, no fewer than four bore the name Jesus: Jesus ben Phiabi, Jesus ben Sec, Jesus ben Damneus and Jesus ben Gamaliel. Even Saint Paul makes reference to a rival magician, preaching ‘another Jesus’ (2 Corinthians 11,4). The surfeit of early Jesuses includes:

Jesus ben Sirach.
This Jesus was reputedly the author of the Book of Sirach (aka 'Ecclesiasticus, or the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach'), part of Old Testament Apocrypha. Ben Sirach, writing in Greek about 180 BC, brought together Jewish 'wisdom' and Homeric-style heroes.

Jesus ben Pandira.
A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC), one of the most ruthless of the Maccabean kings. Imprudently, this Jesus launched into a career of end-time prophecy and agitation which upset the king. He met his own premature end-time by being hung on a tree – and on the eve of a Passover. Scholars have speculated this Jesus founded the Essene sect.

Jesus ben Ananias.
Beginning in 62AD, this Jesus had caused disquiet in Jerusalem with a non-stop doom-laden mantra of ‘Woe to the city’. He prophesied rather vaguely:

"A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the holy house, a voice against the bridegrooms and the brides, and a voice against the whole people."

– Josephus, Wars 6.3.

Arrested and flogged by the Romans, Jesus ben Ananias was released as nothing more dangerous than a mad man. He died during the siege of Jerusalem from a rock hurled by a Roman catapult.

Jesus ben Saphat.
In the insurrection of 68AD that wrought havoc in Galilee, this Jesus had led the rebels in Tiberias ("the leader of a seditious tumult of mariners and poor people" – Josephus, Life 12.66). When the city was about to fall to Vespasian’s legionaries he fled north to Tarichea on the Sea of Galilee.

Jesus ben Gamala.
During 68/69 AD this Jesus was a leader of the ‘peace party’ in the civil war wrecking Judaea. From the walls of Jerusalem he had remonstrated with the besieging Idumeans (led by ‘James and John, sons of Susa’). It did him no good. When the Idumeans breached the walls he was put to death and his body thrown to the dogs and carrion birds.

Jesus ben Thebuth.
A priest who, in the final capitulation of the upper city in 69AD, saved his own skin by surrendering the treasures of the Temple, which included two holy candlesticks, goblets of pure gold, sacred curtains and robes of the high priests. The booty figured prominently in the Triumph held for Vespasian and his son Titus.

But was there a crucified Jesus?

Certainly. Jesus ben Stada was a Judean agitator who gave the Romans a headache in the early years of the second century. He met his end in the town of Lydda (twenty five miles from Jerusalem) at the hands of a Roman crucifixion crew. And given the scale that Roman retribution could reach – at the height of the siege of Jerusalem the Romans were crucifying upwards of five hundred captives a day before the city walls – dead heroes called Jesus would (quite literally) have been thick on the ground. Not one merits a full-stop in the great universal history.

But then with so many Jesuses could there not have been a Jesus of Nazareth?

The problem for this notion is that absolutely nothing at all corroborates the sacred biography and yet this 'greatest story' is peppered with numerous anachronisms, contradictions and absurdities. For example, at the time that Joseph and the pregnant Mary are said to have gone off to Bethlehem for a supposed Roman census, Galilee (unlike Judaea) was not a Roman province and therefore ma and pa would have had no reason to make the journey. Even if Galilee had been imperial territory, history knows of no ‘universal census’ ordered by Augustus (nor any other emperor) – and Roman taxes were based on property ownership not on a head count. Then again, we now know that Nazareth did not exist before the second century.

It is mentioned not at all in the Old Testament nor by Josephus, who waged war across the length and breadth of Galilee (a territory about the size of Greater London) and yet Josephus records the names of dozens of other towns. In fact most of the ‘Jesus-action’ takes place in towns of equally doubtful provenance, in hamlets so small only partisan Christians know of their existence (yet well attested pagan cities, with extant ruins, failed to make the Jesus itinerary).

What should alert us to wholesale fakery here is that practically all the events of Jesus’s supposed life appear in the lives of mythical figures of far more ancient origin. Whether we speak of miraculous birth, prodigious youth, miracles or wondrous healings – all such 'signs' had been ascribed to other gods, centuries before any Jewish holy man strolled about. Jesus’s supposed utterances and wisdom statements are equally common place, being variously drawn from Jewish scripture, neo-Platonic philosophy or commentaries made by Stoic and Cynic sages.''

That is why he has a genealogy, since Jesus was a popular name, he was called Jesus the Christ to distinguish him from the rest
Tacitus that you earlier dismissed lived between 56 and 120 AD (not 117 AD as you claimed), and he is considered to be one of the greatest Roman historians. He mentions about Jesus Christ or you want to deny this claim too? First we prove if Jesus existed, leave his miracles etc out of it. When we establish that we can go to the rest.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

You're already born with salvation, so you don't need to get it from a European.

You're already free!!

You did not commit an ''original sin'', therefore, you don't need to be saved. All that are chains put on your mind to control you.

I am already saved. It is you that need to free yourself from the religious prison that has made you such a good slave.

Free your mind!!. Release yourself!!

Ok, let’s compare you and me:

1) I am free to do anything u r free to do, meaning I am exactly as free as u r EXCEPT I have other freedoms u don’t have.
2) I have called on the name of the Lord Jesus while under attack and miracles happened. You can’t do that - u don’t have that freedom.
3) I have a solid basis for faith in anything in I’m about to embark on, I can have the sense that I have a real almighty partner walking with me - u can’t
4) I have a sense of someone I can go to with my problems. You don’t
5) I have a sense of someone I can pour out my heart to, much like a psychiatrist, except better because he is almighty. You don’t.
6) If I want community I can join a church. I have an already made society I can join anytime I wish. You don’t
7) In a fight, I can have the sense that I can’t lose because I have an almighty person fighting with me. You can’t
08) In a thing I think supernatural attack or things I don’t understand, I AM NOT AFRAID AT ALL because I have sense I have someone greater than it. You don’t
cool I have someone I can pray to and call on anytime I wish. You don’t (if u claim u can pray to Sango, u r lying because u don’t really believe in Sango)
9 I can have peace of mind that I have someone watching over me and nothing that bad will ever happen to me. You can’t
10) I can have a sense of pleasing someone by doing good or being good - which can actually keep one out of prison. U can’t have that.
11) I can have a sense of being TOTALLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY LOVED by someone who lives within me. You can’t
12) Finally, since we have no way of knowing the true nature of the universe (we don’t even know if it is rea), anything is possible - if it turns out that salvation through acceptance of Christ is true, I also have that on top of all those other benefits.
Now tell me, what do u have??
I’m FREE to do and access all those things, u r not. Now tell me, who is more free??

** BTW your assertion that there are mistakes and inconsistencies in the Bible proves it was NOT written by Constantine, or he would have made sure there are no mistakes and inconsistencies in it!
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Ok, let’s compare you and me:

1) I am free to do anything u r free to do, meaning I am exactly as free as u r EXCEPT I have other freedoms u don’t have.
2) I have called on the name of the Lord Jesus while under attack and miracles happened. You can’t do that - u don’t have that freedom.
3) I have a solid basis for faith in anything in I’m about to embark on, I can have the sense that I have a real almighty partner walking with me - u can’t
4) I have a sense of someone I can go to with my problems. You don’t
5) I have a sense of someone I can pour out my heart to, much like a psychiatrist, except better because he is almighty. You don’t.
6) If I want community I can join a church. I have an already made society I can join anytime I wish. You don’t
7) In a fight, I can have the sense that I can’t lose because I have an almighty person fighting with me. You can’t
08) In a thing I think supernatural attack or things I don’t understand, I AM NOT AFRAID AT ALL because I have sense I have someone greater than it. You don’t
cool I have someone I can pray to and call on anytime I wish. You don’t (if u claim u can pray to Sango, u r lying because u don’t really believe in Sango)
9 I can have peace of mind that I have someone watching over me and nothing that bad will ever happen to me. You can’t
10) I can have a sense of pleasing someone by doing good or being good - which can actually keep one out of prison. U can’t have that.
11) I can have a sense of being TOTALLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY LOVED by someone who lives within me. You can’t
12) Finally, since we have no way of knowing the true nature of the universe (we don’t even know if it is rea), anything is possible - if it turns out that salvation through acceptance of Christ is true, I also have that on top of all those other benefits.
Now tell me, what do u have??
I’m FREE to do and access all those things, u r not. Now tell me, who is more free??

** BTW your assertion that there are mistakes and inconsistencies in the Bible proves it was NOT written by Constantine, or he would have made sure there are no mistakes and inconsistencies in it!

A Muslim also has such faith. African spiritual system provide more assurance for such faith. A bhudist also has such faith. Therefore, you don't need Jesus to have such faith. However, such blind faith in the supernatural has put us so much in poverty in third world countries because it makes you abdicate from your power and give it to an unknown entity.

About me? I don't need to pass through any medium to have such faith because I am already equal to your Jesus. I and Jesus are one.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
fortran12:

That is why he has a genealogy, since Jesus was a popular name, he was called Jesus the Christ to distinguish him from the rest
Tacitus that you earlier dismissed lived between 56 and 120 AD (not 117 AD as you claimed), and he is considered to be one of the greatest Roman historians. He mentions about Jesus Christ or you want to deny this claim too? First we prove if Jesus existed, leave his miracles etc out of it. When we establish that we can go to the rest.

When I said about 117 AD, it covers anything within that range. Historians call it circa, which means thereabout.

There's no mention of ''Jesus Christ'' in any of your submissions yet, even in the different Jesus I provided, none was called Jesus Christ. In fact, there's no mention of the name ''Jesus Christ'' in any historical text for over 100 years after he supposedly lived.

Any mention of ''Jesus Christ'' began to appear much much later after the Greeks and Romans entered the scene and began manufacturing the myth.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

A Muslim also has such faith. African spiritual system provide more assurance for such faith. A bhudist also has such faith. Therefore, you don't need Jesus to have such faith. However, such blind faith in the supernatural has put us so much in poverty in third world countries because it makes you abdicate from your power and give it to an unknown entity.

About me? I don't need to pass through any medium to have such faith because I am already equal to your Jesus. I and Jesus are one.

I am comparing you and me, not anybody else. I have Lord Jesus. You have nothing. I believe he died for my sins and intercedes for me with God the father. I believe he is a living spirit within me and with whom I solidly belong. You belong nowhere.

All countries that are the most advanced as well as democratic are all Christian countries
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I am comparing you and me, not anybody else. I have Lord Jesus. You have nothing. I believe he died for my sins and intercedes for me with God the father. I believe he is a living spirit within me and with whom I solidly belong. You belong nowhere

The other religions also believe theirs will also save them.

Again, I am already equal to Jesus and don't need to believe it. I cannot reduce myself to beliving Jesus. You can as well believe in me.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by fortran12: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

When I said about 117 AD, it covers anything within that range. Historians call it circa, which means thereabout.

There's no mention of ''Jesus Christ'' in any of your submissions yet, even in the different Jesus I provided, none was called Jesus Christ. In fact, there's no mention of the name ''Jesus Christ'' in any historical text for over 100 years after he supposedly lived.

Any mention of ''Jesus Christ'' began to appear much much later after the Greeks and Romans entered the scene and began manufacturing the myth.

The Romans were pagans so am sure they did not give much thought to a Jewish messiah. Jesus Christ is an English word, they referred to him in their writings as Christus etc so am sure you will not find the words Jesus Christ written in there. The point is there was a historical figure called Jesus who was known by his followers as the messiah. Whether his claims of being the real messiah is true of not, the point is that he existed and pagan historians wrote about him
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Ghokes(m): 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2019
But for my work, I would have been in attendance.
The more knowledgeable you are, the better you become.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

The other religions also believe theirs will also save them.

Again, I am already equal to Jesus and don't need to believe it. I cannot reduce myself to beliving Jesus. You can as well believe in me.

But I can - that’s what makes me more free and stronger than u r.

BTW all countries that are the most advanced and most innovative as well as democratic are all Christian and not any of these other religions u keep citing.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ghokes:
But for my work, I would have been in attendance.
The more knowledgeable you are, the better you become.

Forget work. This is more important. But wait o, whose side would u have been on?
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
fortran12:

The Romans were pagans so am sure they did not give much thought to a Jewish messiah. Jesus Christ is an English word, they referred to him in their writings as Christus etc so am sure you will not find the words Jesus Christ written in there. The point is there was a historical figure called Jesus who was known by his followers as the messiah. Whether his claims of being the real messiah is true of not, the point is that he existed and pagan historians wrote about him

Of course, you cannot show me, so all you can do is explain it away.

His bame would have been ''Jeshua Messiah'' in Hebrew. Show me a historical text with that name.

In Greek, his name would've been ''Iisous Christus.'' Show me a historical text that mentioned that name within the dates you provided.

I've researched and the name doesn't exist in history. Do you know why? Because the myth wasn't manufactured yet.

Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

But I can - that’s what makes me more free and stronger than u r.

BTW all countries that are the most advanced and most innovative as well as democratic are all Christian and not any of these other religions u keep citing.

I am more free because I am equal to your Jesus. So, you actually believe me.

The three wealthiest countries are:-
USA- Christianity.
China- Confuciunism.
Japan- Shintoism.

As you can see, nothing is special about Christianity. And the reason they developed inspite of religion is because those religions evolved through their voluntary direct partcipation in nature. But yours was imposed on you and has actually destroyed your organic spirituality that would've allowed you be the best.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

I am more free because I am equal to your Jesus. So, you actually believe me.

The three wealthiest countries are:-
USA- Christianity.
China- Confuciunism.
Japan- Shintoism.

As you can see, nothing is special about Christianity. And the reason they developed inspite of religion is because those religions evolved through their voluntary direct partcipation in nature. But yours was imposed on you and has actually destroyed your organic spirituality that would've allowed you be the best.

I said AND DEMOCRATIC! Besides, name one app u r using that is from Japan, or any innovation for that matter.
Not true. They resisted and tried to nip Christianity in the bud, just like Africans, b4 succumbing to it. It wasn’t homegrown, it came from abroad
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I said AND DEMOCRATIC! Besides, name one app u r using that is from Japan, or any innovation for that matter.
Not true. They resisted and tried to nip Christianity in the bud, just like Africans, b4 succumbing to it. It wasn’t homegrown, it came from abroad

There're more Apps in Chinese than English.

No, China and Japan never succumbed to the disease called Christianity. And that's why they developed.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

His bame would have been ''Jeshua Messiah'' in Hebrew. Show me a historical text with that name.

In Greek, his name would've been ''Iisous Christus.'' Show me a historical text that mentioned that name within the dates you provided.

I've researched and the name doesn't exist in history. Do you know why? Because the myth wasn't manufactured yet.

Here is one definite proof. There are many others

Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Here is one definite proof. There are many others

Please maintain your argument and let me discuss with the other guy.

You're so deparate that you can believe anything to prove Jesus. Zoom in on the image and show me where they wrote Jesus Christ in any language.

What you've shown is the Nag hamadi and other Gnostic materials hiden away when Constantine and other Roman Emperors were killing the Gnostics and burning their books. As said previously that religion has already been destroyed. And there's no Jesus Christ writen on it.

The figure mentioned in the papers was a militant and a religious fundamentalist such as boko harams, fighting for liberation from occupation of their lands. You can actually see it at the end of the document.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

There're more Apps in Chinese than English.

No, China and Japan never succumbed to the disease called Christianity. And that's why they developed.

You know full well China is no democracy. It is a totalitarian third world country whose nationals try to get into US just like Nigerians. Japan can’t innovate because Shintoism won’t let them. You must admit there is something clean and FREE about Christianity. All these other religions require all sorts of rituals and are are under all sorts of yolks and laws, not Christians-only one requirement - accept Christ. That’s it!
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

You know full well China is no democracy. It is a totalitarian third world country whose nationals try to get into US just like Nigerians. Japan can’t innovate because Shintoism won’t let them. You must admit there is something clean and FREE about Christianity. All these other religions require all sorts of rituals and are are under all sorts of yolks and laws, not Christians-only one requirement - accept Christ. That’s it!

Bro, at this point I have to leave you becuse I've realized I can't help someone understand something that only themselves can understand. You're very much asleep now. Hopefully, you'll wake up in the future.

See you later.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

Please maintain your argument and let me discuss with the other guy.

You're so deparate that you can believe anything to prove Jesus. Zoom in on the image and show me where they wrote Jesus Christ in any language.

What you've shown is the Nag hamadi and other Gnostic materials hiden away when Constantine and other Roman Emperors were killing the Gnostics and burning their books. As said previously that religion has already been destroyed. And there's no Jesus Christ writen on it.

The figure mentioned in the papers was a militant and a religious fundamentalist such as boko harams, fighting for liberation from occupation of their lands. You can actually see it at the end of the document.

My man, there is nothing we can know 4 sure. That’s the nature of our universe. You cannot prove 100^ that Washington was a real person. Heck, u can’t even prove that YOU exist. It is only in Jesus’ that u require 109% proof!

Here’s another proof, as written by Tacitus. Note the bolded:

[N]either human effort nor the emperor’s generosity nor the placating of the gods ended the scandalous belief that the fire had been ordered [by Nero]. Therefore, to put down the rumor, Nero substituted as culprits and punished in the most unusual ways those hated for their shameful acts … whom the crowd called “Chrestians.” The founder of this name, Christ [Christus in Latin], had been executed in the reign of Tiberius by the procurator Pontius Pilate … Suppressed for a time, the deadly superstition erupted again not only in Judea, the origin of this evil, but also in the city [Rome], where all things horrible and shameful from everywhere come together and become popular.5

Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

My man, there is nothing we can know 4 sure. That’s the nature of our universe. You cannot prove 100^ that Washington was a real person. Heck, u can’t even prove that YOU exist. It is only in Jesus’ that u require 109% proof!

Here’s another proof, as written by Tacitus. Note the bolded:

[N]either human effort nor the emperor’s generosity nor the placating of the gods ended the scandalous belief that the fire had been ordered [by Nero]. Therefore, to put down the rumor, Nero substituted as culprits and punished in the most unusual ways those hated for their shameful acts … whom the crowd called “Chrestians.” The founder of this name, Christ [Christus in Latin], had been executed in the reign of Tiberius by the procurator Pontius Pilate … Suppressed for a time, the deadly superstition erupted again not only in Judea, the origin of this evil, but also in the city [Rome], where all things horrible and shameful from everywhere come together and become popular.5

It tells you clearly that he was refering to a ''deadly superstition'' And that's what Christianity is.

Do you want me to believe that a superstition is reality?
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by fortran12: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

It's in the bible you will find that. Do you expect people who do not believe in him to support his claim? All they do is mention him as part of history.

It's like asking me to mention about sat guru maharaji. I will just tell you about his house in bodija ibadan how he loves the color red and flowers and how his followers dress weird.
Since I don't believe in him I do not put so much attention to him. Same way the earlier historians treated Jesus. He was popular among his followers and not the Romans who penned the history.

Jesus had brothers had parents too. So if you claim he did not exist do you doubt their existence too? And note his parents genealogy were provided too.

Jesus was his name, the title messiah was given to him by his followers so you don't expect the pagans to call him that, even the Qur'an denies such claim but they do not deny his existence.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

It tells you clearly that he was refering to a ''deadly superstition'' And that's what Christianity is.

Do you want me to believe that a superstition is reality?

I thought u said it was never mentioned. See, u have been tricked, and by your own admission, YOU LOST!

Just as you lost by pointing out there are obvious mistakes and inconsistencies in the Bible - not knowing u r thereby admitting it couldn’t have been written by Constantine. YOU LOST AGAIN!

Accept the FREE salvation offered to you and stop arguing things you have no way of knowing and will never have any way of knowing for sure.
Ciao!
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
fortran12:

It's in the bible you will find that. Do you expect people who do not believe in him to support his claim? All they do is mention him as part of history.

It's like asking me to mention about sat guru maharaji. I will just tell you about his house in bodija ibadan how he loves the color red and flowers and how his followers dress weird.
Since I don't believe in him I do not put so much attention to him. Same way the earlier historians treated Jesus. He was popular among his followers and not the Romans who penned the history.

Jesus had brothers had parents too. So if you claim he did not exist do you doubt their existence too? And note his parents genealogy were provided too.

Jesus was his name, the title messiah was given to him by his followers so you don't expect the pagans to call him that, even the Qur'an denies such claim but they do not deny his existence.

You still miissed the point. Historians don't deny there was someone called ''Yeshua'' Again, that was the most popular male child name in Palestine at that time. Its like you coming to Yorubaland and asking about Ade who lived 2000 years ago. Of course, they'll be thousands of late historical Ade's.

But if you come looking for Ade who was born by a virgin, walked on water, resurrected from the dead, you won't find that Ade because he didn't exist in reality but in a book.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Christians have to even be out of their minds not to realize such a Jesus can only be a work of fiction.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

Bro, at this point I have to leave you becuse I've realized I can't help someone understand something that only themselves can understand. You're very much asleep now. Hopefully, you'll wake up in the future.

See you later.

Here is someone who doesn’t know where he is because he thinks the world can only be perceived through the 5 senses telling someone who KNOWS what he is following that he is asleep.

Here’s is something u don’t know: you don’t need the Bible at all to know Christ. You know Christ through direct experience - you just KNOW and it’s clearer to u than anything u have ever known. St. Paul never read the Bible, he regarded Christians worse than Tacitus UNTILL like thunderbolt he had direct encounter with the Spirit. After that he became the most fanatical of the same Christians he was out to kill!

Here’s wishing you one day have such encounter yourself.
Take care
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Here is someone who doesn’t know where he is because he thinks the world can only be perceived through the 5 senses telling someone who KNOWS what he is following that he is asleep.

Here’s is something u don’t know: you don’t need the Bible at all to know Christ. You know Christ through direct experience - you just KNOW and it’s clearer to u than anything u have ever known. St. Paul never read the Bible, he regarded Christians worse than Tacitus UNTILL like thunderbolt he had direct encounter with the Spirit. After that he became the most fanatical of the same Christians he was out to kill!

Here’s wishing you one day have such encounter yourself.
Take care

When I was a Christian I also used to feel same way as yourself. And I had more faith in Jesus than anybody you know, until one day my eyes opened to the fraud I was participating in.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to be a Christian.

Hopefully, your eyes would open one day.

1 Like

Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Emes101(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
Neroiam:

Repent and be saved else the punishment that awaits your ignorance will be better imagined than experienced.

Ignorance you said ?
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Emes101(m): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mshad662:

He is your CREATOR

Nope, God "chukwu okike" is the creator
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Emes101(m): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
paparazi1:
My God have mercy on you poor witch

Thank you for mentioning God and not Jesus.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by fortran12: 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

You still miissed the point. Historians don't deny there was someone called ''Yeshua'' Again, that was the most popular male child name in Palestine at that time. Its like you coming to Yorubaland and asking about Ade who lived 2000 years ago. Of course, they'll be thousands of late historical Ade's.

But if you come looking for Ade who was born by a virgin, walked on water, resurrected from the dead, you won't find that Ade because he didn't exist in reality but in a book.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Christians have to even be out of their minds not to realize such a Jesus can only be a work of fiction.

Separate the two. First did Jesus the messiah exist. That's the debate leave his miracles out. That is another topic
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
fortran12:

Separate the two. First did Jesus the messiah exist. That's the debate leave his miracles out. That is another topic

No, the Jesus described in the bible did not exist. Its a fictional character like in any other work of literature. Its a myth that evolved before the age of science but which people still believe. It was created by the Roman empire to control their subjects under one religion. But it would eventually die a natural death as people become more rational.

IMPORTANT: The Jesus of the bible CANNOT be separated from his miracle, otherwise, we would be talking about someone else who probably existed. I already showed many JesusES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Ezeoma Chiedozie: UNN Biochemistry Student Drowns At Adada Waterfall / Unilorin Students' Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.