Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) (43142 Views)

Catholic Priest Offers Opening Prayer At UNN Conference On Witchcraft / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It / UNN To Host Conference On Witchcraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by fortran12: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

No, the Jesus described in the bible did not exist. Its a fictional character like in any other work of literature. Its a myth that evolved before the age of science but which people still believe.It was creater by the Roman empire to control their subjects under one religion. But it would eventually die a natural death as people become more rational.

IMPORTANT: The Jesus of the bible CANNOT be separated from his miracle, otherwise, we would be talking about someone else who probably existed. I already showed many JesusES.

If I ask do miracles exist today you will say no. But I have witnessed before and you will disprove my claim. It's mostly people who believe in him that witness his miracles. So do you expect pagans to write about claims they don't believe? Even if they saw it they will explain it away as a natural occurrence.
If Jesus did not exist because no outside work mentions his miracles that is enough to disprove his existence. The question is did a Jesus exist who was called the Christ by his followers the answer is yes and you cannot disprove that.
Jesus and his miracles are another topic. Jesus existed as a carpenter before he started his ministry. His miracles only existed 3 years.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 11:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
fortran12:

If I ask do miracles exist today you will say no. But I have witnessed before and you will disprove my claim. It's mostly people who believe in him that witness his miracles. So do you expect pagans to write about claims they don't believe? Even if they saw it they will explain it away as a natural occurrence.
If Jesus did not exist because no outside work mentions his miracles that is enough to disprove his existence. The question is did a Jesus exist who was called the Christ by his followers the answer is yes and you cannot disprove that.
Jesus and his miracles are another topic. Jesus existed as a carpenter before he started his ministry. His miracles only existed 3 years.

Sorry, miracles also happen to Muslims.

Miracles also happen to Shintoists in far away Japan

A miracle also once happened to my mother as she got healed by an African spiritualist.

So, your Jesus has nothing to do with why miracles happen.

And no, there was no Jesus born by a virgin, walked on water, resurrected from the dead. It only happened as literature in your bible.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by fortran12: 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
musicwriter:

Sorry, miracles also happen to Muslims.

Miracles also happen to Shintoists in far away Japan

A miracle also once happened to my mother as she got healed by an African spiritualist.

So, your Jesus has nothing to do with why miracles happen.

And no, there was no Jesus born by a virgin, walked on water, resurrected from the dead. It only happened as literature in your bible.

You can't dispute the claim. The only reference you have is when you for Jesus and the miracles aside that uour claim falls on its face. The topic of debate is did a Jesus who his followers claimed to be the messiah exist? Was he crucified by the Romans? You can't disprove any of these. His miracles are not part of this debate. Let's settle the existence of Jesus first.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 12:02am On Nov 25, 2019
fortran12:

You can't dispute the claim. The only reference you have is when you for Jesus and the miracles aside that uour claim falls on its face. The topic of debate is did a Jesus who his followers claimed to be the messiah exist? Was he crucified by the Romans? You can't disprove any of these. His miracles are not part of this debate. Let's settle the existence of Jesus first.

No, there was no Jesus who had 12 disciples, so the disciples didn't even exist.
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 10:57am On Nov 25, 2019
musicwriter:

No, there was no Jesus who had 12 disciples, so the disciples didn't even exist.

Bros, r u at all capable of INDEPENDENT THOUGHT?!
Can u just forget everything u read for a minute and THINK for yourself.

Can’t u see the Bible couldn’t have been just fiction??
Can’t u see that the fact that it has mistakes and inconsistencies with different authors having different recollections of the same event and some even making things up they didn’t witness or even changing stories to suit what they think it should be instead of what really happened, proves its authenticity?

CAN’T U SEE THAT ALL THESE POINT TO THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE BIBLE AS A BOOK WRITTEN BY DIFFERENT AUTHORS WITH VARYING AMOUNTS OF RECOLLECTIONS AND ACCURACY??!!

Fictional works are usually well coordinated and carefully planned so every detail fits perfectly.

Forget everything you’ve read and just lie down and use your imagination and THINK!

Name one book of fiction (JUST ONE!) with so much inconsistencies. I bet u can’t. Only the Bible. BECAUSE IT IS AUTHENTIC! The greatest criticism u can give of the Bible is also the greatest proof of its authenticity!
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by fortran12: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2019
musicwriter:

now your conspiracy teory is going too far
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Ghokes(m): 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Forget work. This is more important. But wait o, whose side would u have been on?

I don't have a side, I only want information & knowledge
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Kehl(m): 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
Okay enough of the arguments... Seminar is still holding, they will only modify the Topic..

I just got this in my mail now

IGNORANCE, THE BANE OF OUR SOCIETY
The Witchcraft Saga

The attention of the management of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been drawn to the public reactions making the rounds in the social media and other media alike as instigated by some religious activists and fanatics protesting ignorantly on the word WITCHCRAFT in a proposed seminar topic by a Centre instituted to promote academic excellence and research in the university. The Centre had proposed a theme for discussion in an Interdisciplinary and International workshop on witchcraft, to which many scholars and interest groups locally and internationally had shown keen interest to participate as they had hoped to richfully contribute to this academic discourse. Their hope appears to have been dashed as the Vice-Chancellor, has directed that the topic be modified in response to public outcry.

Recall, not too long ago, the UNN came up with the policy of ONE STUDENT, ONE LAPTOP!

The public attacked this policy from a blind spot and threatened fire and brimstone in strong opposition. What happened next is now history.

Late last year (September 2018 to be exact), another campaign based on ignorance was launched against the Faculty of Law-Enugu Campus of the University (UNEC), for an alleged teaching of our second year students, a course in Lesbianism, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender –LGBT rights and it was a campaign of calumny!

We stated then the obvious, that as part of the penal codes of the land, our Law students must graduate with broad-based information in all facets of Law.
Let it be known that the mention of the word or term SEX, does not imply that intercourse has taken place.

If a lecturer in a Social Science class for instance, uses the term celibacy, the class will go on normally. But if he goes further to use the word ASEXUALITY or SEX in its entirety, many will adjust to focus their attention. The religious fanatics whose emogis profer “I hear no evil, I speak no evil, and I see no evil,” will not hesitate to excuse themselves from the class thus, missing out of the main points of the lecture or orientation. The class would then go on to understand that asexuality is a sexual orientation just like bisexuality or heterosexuality, which explains further that asexuality is not the same thing as celibacy, or the decision to abstain from sex. This is an academic discourse and can only be taught in an academic environment like ours devoid of blasphemy.

Today, let it be known for those who care to listen, that WITCHCRAFT is in the front burner of Research Projects in many academic institutions and Centres of excellence of the world – as in South Africa, America and Europe. Professors are emerging from these fields of study. The research methodology and findings have deep roots in Africa and Nigeria is a prime source for their thesis.

The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Charles Igwe, has directed that the topic for the proposed interdisciplinary International Conference by the B.I.C. Ijioma Centre UNN, scheduled to commence on November 26, be changed from its WITCHCRAFT focus.

We hail this stance.
The Vice-Chancellor’s suspension of the topic does not in any way mean that he is shifting gears. The cancellation of the topic for the seminar simply portrays him as an astute administrator with a listening ear. He holds to his dreams of making the University of Nigeria the centre of academic excellence with a tenacity of purpose.

We are not retreating, but advancing in another direction because, we are facilitators of our own creative evolution.
The religious twist to the proposed topic has been orchestrated by a group that try to desnefy academics ignorantly – playing to the gallery.
A conference on Cultism is not a gathering of cultists, as a conference on corruption is not a gathering of corrupt persons, in as much as a conference on terrorism is not a gathering of terrorists.
Lets’ not allow sentiments becloud our sense of reasoning. There is a wall of difference between PLANNING AND PREPARING in as much as we must not mistake perspective for perception.

Our academic guidance is solace for many, even in our pursuit of excellence, “TO RESTORE THE DIGNITY OF MAN”.

Okwun Omeaku - Chief (Dr.) mnipr, FCAI
Ag. PRO
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2019
Ghokes:

I don't have a side, I only want information & knowledge

In that case we r on same side.
I don’t understand people like musicwriter who simply refuse to use their nature-given thinking ability but would instead cling to one ridiculous notion written by some loony and refuse to let it go - like that Constantine wrote the Bible!

Here is a post I just left him:

Bros, r u at all capable of INDEPENDENT THOUGHT?!
Can u just forget everything u read for a minute and THINK for yourself.

Can’t u see the Bible couldn’t have been just fiction??
Can’t u see that the fact that it has mistakes and inconsistencies with different authors having different recollections of the same event and some even making things up they didn’t witness or even changing stories to suit what they think it should be instead of what really happened, proves its authenticity?

CAN’T U SEE THAT ALL THESE POINT TO THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE BIBLE AS A BOOK WRITTEN BY DIFFERENT AUTHORS WITH VARYING AMOUNTS OF RECOLLECTIONS AND ACCURACY??!!

Fictional works are usually well coordinated and carefully planned so every detail fits perfectly.

Forget everything you’ve read and just lie down and use your imagination and THINK!

Name one book of fiction (JUST ONE!) with so much inconsistencies. I bet u can’t. Only the Bible. BECAUSE IT IS AUTHENTIC! The greatest criticism u can give of the Bible is also the greatest proof of its authenticity!
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Emes101(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2020
Mshad662:

He is your CREATOR

God's my creator.... You can't even differentiate between GOD and a prophet
Re: UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) by Anthonia69(f): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
musicwriter:

You're already born with salvation, so you don't need to get it from a European.

You're already free!!

You did not commit an ''original sin'', therefore, you don't need to be saved. All that are chains put on your mind to control you.

I am already saved. It is you that need to free yourself from the religious prison that has made you such a good slave.

Free your mind!!. Release yourself!!
How did you reach englightment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilorin Students' Struggle / Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Ezeoma Chiedozie: UNN Biochemistry Student Drowns At Adada Waterfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.