Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. (899 Views)

Google Is Restricting Me From Using Google Chat / Google Is Shutting Down Its URL Shortening Service / Google Is Not Indexing My Site Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by UNCL3(m): 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
Google thinks its Pixel device is pretty secure — so secure that it's challenging aspiring hackers to show they can compromise it, and offering $1.5 million as a top prize.

The company announced Thursday that it will pay $1 million to anyone who can carry out a full chain remote code execution exploit that compromises the Titan M secure chip built into Pixel devices. That means hackers would have to gain access to a Pixel's operating system remotely in a way that doesn't require any interaction with the phone's user.

https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/16661951a1c438b63305c0b9a0f0a15e?features=171&client=mini&uid=9cda804314006a4a41fab47e4948cec842cc41a8&like_count=2&share=1&sharesource=copy_link&shareuid=19dc190910adf002f10af0db4971c52165841ba4
Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by UNCL3(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
lalasticlala I think this is front page worthy.
thanks.
Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
bro...pls care to elaborate on the below in bold:

UNCL3:
Google thinks its Pixel device is pretty secure — so secure that it's challenging aspiring hackers to show they can compromise it, and offering $1.5 million as a top prize.

The company announced Thursday that it will pay $1 million to anyone who can carry out a full chain remote code execution exploit that compromises the Titan M secure chip built into Pixel devices. That means hackers would have to gain access to a Pixel's operating system remotely in a way that doesn't require any interaction with the phone's user.
Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by musicnmagic(m): 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hmm make I try my luck
Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by musicnmagic(m): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
these are the type of things that should hit fp in minutes but if na tacha n mercy na make I no talk...

2 Likes

Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by UNCL3(m): 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Google is given out that amount of cash to anyone who can hack their new app,
they are actually text running the app
to see how strong it is

I guess that link can also help you out
Thanks.
Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by UNCL3(m): 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
musicnmagic:
these are the type of things that should hit fp in minutes
but if na tacha n mercy na
make I no talk...
Lol
Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
UNCL3:

Google is given out that amount of cash to anyone who can hack their new app,
they are actually text running the app
to see how strong it is

I guess that link can also help you out
Thanks.

what i was trying to point out is that....1st you said $1.5M but then the text says $1m....so which one is it?

1 Like

Re: Google Is Offering A $1.5 Million Reward To Anyone Who Can Do This. by UNCL3(m): 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

The $1.5million dollars is the top prize.

Because definitely more than 3 hackers can do that
so the highest amount is for the baddest guy(the guy who does it perfectly).

Cleared now?

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Health & Wellness Blog To Follow This 2020 / How Do I Build A Flash Website? / You Wan Try My "medical" Blog? You Fit Look Deadi-body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.