Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

How Do I Build A Flash Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Build A Flash Website? (900 Views)

How Do I Build A Student Portal Website? / How To Insert A Flash Intro Page In Dreamweaver-help Needed / How Do I Build An Intranet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Build A Flash Website? by saucekid(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2007
i'm self trained in building html,css webpages but i just ventured into flash and anytime i finish the pages i'm working on and want to publish it as a webpage,the pictures dont flash as it's supposed to

any help??
Re: How Do I Build A Flash Website? by WebMonk(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
saucekid:

i'm self trained in building html,css webpages but i just ventured into flash and anytime i finish the pages i'm working on and want to publish it as a webpage,the pictures don't flash as it's supposed to

any help??

Could you give more info? You mention in your title "How Do I Build A Flash Website?", but here you write that the pictures don't flash as it's supposed to

Linking subpages in flash is done in flash (internally). You also have to define the x-y co-ordinates as well as the filename of the subpage. In a nutshell, you need to learn actionscript.

this should help:

www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/loading.htm

This method also applies to flash 8

Hope this helps
Re: How Do I Build A Flash Website? by Cactus(m): 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
1. open a website

2. Take a camera (digital or manual but make sure it has flash)

3. Make sure the flash on the camera is on

4. Take a picture of the website

Now you have a flash website.

good luck
Re: How Do I Build A Flash Website? by uspry1(f): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2007
Or maybe @saucekid did not have required Flash player being installed on his desktop computer or laptop to see his flash-based picture being loading on the website dynamically.

It causes a flash-based picture missed ("X" red picture) on the website.
Re: How Do I Build A Flash Website? by saucekid(m): 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2007
i have the macromedia flash 8 software and when i design the pages with dreamweaver and export the flash doc into the finished page,it doesnt play the flash movies
Re: How Do I Build A Flash Website? by opensource(m): 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2007
@sauce kid from your first post I am sure the pages where built in flash so all you need do is make sure the name concept don't contradict if not the action scripts wont work

Building a Flash website demands that you use a lot of action scripts. and this for example should be gotoAndPlay("Frame Number"wink rather than goto("Frame Number"wink this will enable the page navigate to the next frame and play the action there while the other vanishes.

After creating a Flash movie you choose File > Save As from the top menu to save your movie. Save the file as "Somefilename.fla".

To embed the Flash movie you just made into an HTML page, you should go back to your Flash program and do the following steps:

Step 1
Choose File > Open. Open a Flash movie you have created.

Step 2
Choose File > Export Movie.

Step 3
Name the file "somefilename.swf". Choose the location where the file is to be stored (in your Web folder). Click OK.

Step 4
Open the HTML page where you want to insert your Flash movie. Insert this code:

<object width="550" height="400">
<param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">
<embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400">
</embed>
</object>

Remember to edit the value parameter to the name of your swf file, also change the width and height

Note: This is the minimum code you need to embed a Flash movie in a browser. A broken icon will appear on the Web page if the user does not have the Flash plug-in installed.In the code above there is both an <embed> tag and an <object> tag. This is because the <object> tag is recognized by Internet Explorer, and Netscape recognizes the <embed> tag and ignores the <object> tag.

I hope this helps , Thanks
Re: How Do I Build A Flash Website? by sawyerrken(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2007
during the installation of flash, u're given the option of downloading a player, try installing that player.

(1) (Reply)

You Wan Try My "medical" Blog? You Fit Look Deadi-body? / I Redesigned My Site! Wacha Think? / Web Designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.