Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness (36365 Views)

Nigerian Couple Welcomes Sextuplets After Seven Years Of Childlessness (Photos) / Woman Delivers Quintuplets After 20 Years Of Marriage Without A Child [photo] / Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets (4 Boys) After Years Of Childlessness (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by toprealman: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2019
stanliwiser:
hmmmmmmmmm I wanted to say hope it wasn't IVF and actually it wasn't.

Patient is indeed a virtue.
Congratulations Ma and Sir
What if it was via IVF?

1 Like

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Starboyyy: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2019
Please where is the atheist fool that says there's no God

2 Likes

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by pek(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
Fertility pills and IVF.
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by haleymoon: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
Ogbeni for this regime, I hope the get help from people

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2019
Moral of the story ... It's not about giving birth but the ability to provide for the kids.

What's the jubilation about when those kids will have to go through so much suffering.

Sounded like she wasn't even financial capable of taking care of one. Talk more of this 5. Yet you saying god is good! To whom now? The woman, for filling the void of childless? Or for making it more difficult to provide for them or the kids for the suffering they are likely to go through in life

1 Like

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by VanEFCC: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2019
JosEast:
It is the joy of every woman to be called a mother after marriage. for many that expectant joy could become instantly traumatic when the fruit of the womb isn’t Naija forthcoming after years of marriage. For 44-year-old Mrs Susan Egenti, her joy knew no bounds when she delivered quintuplets after 16 years of marriage. She was delivered of the babies at the Federal Medical Centre, Jabi, Abuja.

Mrs Susan Egenti an indigene of Nando, in Anambra East Local Government Area of Anambra State was delivered through a caesarean section on November 6, 2019. The quintuplets three boys and two girls were still in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital when our reporters visited on Thursday afternoon, though the nurses looking after them said they were hale and hearty. Nigeria News They stated that four of the babies were born healthy, measuring the average weight of a newborn, except one who was underweight and was weighed 1.9 Kg. Speaking to Daily Trust on Saturday on her hospital bed, Mrs Egenti said within her 16 years of marriage, she had taken all medical options (except IVF) to get a baby but to no avail until she had the quintuplets.

She said she resorted to traditional/herbal remedies to conceive a child but that was also futile, leaving her in perpetual despair. She described the birth of her babies as an enormous blessing from God as it was her first and only pregnancy since she got married in 2003. “I have been married since 2003 with no children, not even to get pregnant and have a miscarriage. Every time we attend a child dedication either in our church or elsewhere, I always come home crying, praying for the day God will have mercy on me and grant me the fruit of the womb.” She narrated that the birth of the babies almost took her life as she underwent two different operations, after the delivery, to stop the internal bleeding she suffered.

She stressed that the last operation one left her in a coma for about five days. Mrs Susan who lives with her husband in a room self-contained apartment in Utako village says she sells plastic containers while her husband manages a small chemist at Jabi park. According to her, she has spent all her meagre resources on medical expenses and as such, they are left with nothing to cater for the five children, calling on Government and philanthropic Nigerians to assist them.

Her husband, Mr Emmanuel Nnamdi Egenti, who also spoke to our reporters at his one-bedroom accommodation in Utako village, an urban slum in the heart of Utako District, expressed joy over the birth of his quintuplets, saying even during their years of childlessness, they had never given up, but rather, put their hope in God, as there was nothing he could do. However, he said they were yet to pay for the hospital bills even though the babies have been discharged but their mother is very ill and can’t even stand on her feet. He prays for the government’s intervention to enable then take care of the babies, adding that they would not be having any more babies in the future.

“We are grateful to God for what he has done for us. He has proven that He is the one and only true God, who answers prayers of those who call on Him,” he said, stressing that the because they were poor, the prospect of looking after the children in terms of feeding, clothing, education and healthcare was so bleak that their joy at having the babies was almost, immediately, turning into despair and despondency.

Dr. Tochukwu Nwoye, the medical doctor who led a team of doctors that carried out the operation, was not on seat when our reporters visited the hospital. The new mother of five who couldn’t hide her despair on how to foot the bills and subsequently take care of her new bundle of joy was kept in a semi-private ward away from her babies as she was still recuperating from the operations.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/woman-gives-birth-to-five-after-16-yrs-of-childlessness.html
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by UnclePrincipal(m): 8:12am On Nov 23, 2019
kay4kay:

Can you comprehend?
A poor man like this got no money for ivf

Its God at work

Lol, god indeed.

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Mamakimy97: 8:14am On Nov 23, 2019
nifemi25:
God bless every woman seeking for the fruit of the womb...
Amen
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by UnclePrincipal(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2019
Crazyblue:
Moral of the story ... It's not about giving birth but the ability to provide for the kids.

What's the jubilation about when those kids will have to go through so much suffering.

Sounded like she wasn't even financial capable of taking care of one. Talk more of this 5. Yet you saying god is good! To whom now? The woman, for filling the void of childless? Or for making it more difficult to provide for them or the kids for the suffering they are likely to go through in life

I was on my way to say something like this. It's like their god just increased their hardship.

I even wonder why they can't ask god for the financial help they need since he was the one that gave them the babies instead they are busy soliciting for the help of the government.
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by opray: 8:23am On Nov 23, 2019
I pray God provide them with what is needed to train the children into responsible persons in the society, that's the most important thing.

Check us out for your 100% undiluted designer perfume oils in both wholesale and retail deals.
IG/FB/Twitter @bodyshopbyevie
WhatsApp 08050930154

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Thatssobeyonce(f): 8:26am On Nov 23, 2019
God bless them But 5 kids at once will be hard to raise o
Me dat my cute twin nephews re giving me headache always
Bt kids re d greatest gifts ever �

1 Like

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 23, 2019
Whaaaaat! So how is she gonna take care of them Financially? in this Nigerian hardship?

This Question is for those who claims this is a miracle or God is great.

These children would probarbly die before their 1st birthday of hunger.
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 23, 2019
Crazyblue:

Absolutely!! correct!
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by witworth(m): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2019
drips8:
It already seems like a curse and blessing for the couple as they have no means to take care of all five babies.

I hope they get the required and necessary assistance needed.
it can never be a curse, its a divine blessing.
16 years of sorrow is worth the 5.

2 Likes

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by passionberry(f): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2019
PrecisionFx:

IVF
I doubt is ivf oh.people were no get money ..if ivf cheap a lot of couples lookng for friut of the womb will do it...when a lady clocks 35 _40 ,high chance of getting twins,triplets and so

2 Likes

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Lexusgs430: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2019
Except IVF, indeed........ grin

People would rather cook up stories to praise an abstract god, rather than appreciate advancements in science........
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by berryace007: 9:33am On Nov 23, 2019
The Husband right now

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by dona4real(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2019
Praise be to Jehovah God and His Christ for this marvelous works he has done..
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Olorunnim: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2019
I recommend DNA TEST for the man, don't blame me I find it hard to trust people grin and as a desperate woman, well you know what can happen.
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by mechanics(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2019
Wow, God still answers prayers, this is to show that no herbal or traditional medicine can give birth to children, it's only God that does that, they should do family planning to avoid the mistake of having more children, the God that provided the children for them will surely take care of them.

1 Like

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by DMerciful(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2019
This is looking like fertility drug. Side effect is usually multiple birth. You can check clomid twins
Vivyy:
I'm sure some people were already preparing to come and drop their "Thanks to IVF" line until they saw that the couple are not even financially stable tongue tongue

The LORD who has given them the babies will make ways for them.

1 Like

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Temmycare: 10:04am On Nov 23, 2019
Congrats
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Debbcy: 10:20am On Nov 23, 2019
My God is truly awesome
He is the way maker
The miracle worker
The promise keeper.
He that started the good work already will perfect it.

1 Like

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 23, 2019
JosEast:
It is the joy of every woman to be called a mother after marriage. for many that expectant joy could become instantly traumatic when the fruit of the womb isn’t forthcoming after years of marriage. For 44-year-old Mrs Susan Egenti, her joy knew no bounds when she delivered quintuplets after 16 years of marriage. She was delivered of the babies at the Federal Medical Centre, Jabi, Abuja.

Mrs Susan Egenti an indigene of Nando, in Anambra East Local Government Area of Anambra State was delivered through a caesarean section on November 6, 2019. The quintuplets three boys and two girls were still in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital when our reporters visited on Thursday afternoon, though the nurses looking after them said they were hale and hearty. They stated that four of the babies were born healthy, measuring the average weight of a newborn, except one who was underweight and was weighed 1.9 Kg. Speaking to Daily Trust on Saturday on her hospital bed, Mrs Egenti said within her 16 years of marriage, she had taken all medical options (except IVF) to get a baby but to no avail until she had the quintuplets.

She said she resorted to traditional/herbal remedies to conceive a child but that was also futile, leaving her in perpetual despair. She described the birth of her babies as an enormous blessing from God as it was her first and only pregnancy since she got married in 2003. “I have been married since 2003 with no children, not even to get pregnant and have a miscarriage. Every time we attend a child dedication either in our church or elsewhere, I always come home crying, praying for the day God will have mercy on me and grant me the fruit of the womb.” She narrated that the birth of the babies almost took her life as she underwent two different operations, after the delivery, to stop the internal bleeding she suffered.

She stressed that the last operation one left her in a coma for about five days. Mrs Susan who lives with her husband in a room self-contained apartment in Utako village says she sells plastic containers while her husband manages a small chemist at Jabi park. According to her, she has spent all her meagre resources on medical expenses and as such, they are left with nothing to cater for the five children, calling on Government and philanthropic Nigerians to assist them.

Her husband, Mr Emmanuel Nnamdi Egenti, who also spoke to our reporters at his one-bedroom accommodation in Utako village, an urban slum in the heart of Utako District, expressed joy over the birth of his quintuplets, saying even during their years of childlessness, they had never given up, but rather, put their hope in God, as there was nothing he could do. However, he said they were yet to pay for the hospital bills even though the babies have been discharged but their mother is very ill and can’t even stand on her feet. He prays for the government’s intervention to enable then take care of the babies, adding that they would not be having any more babies in the future.

“We are grateful to God for what he has done for us. He has proven that He is the one and only true God, who answers prayers of those who call on Him,” he said, stressing that the because they were poor, the prospect of looking after the children in terms of feeding, clothing, education and healthcare was so bleak that their joy at having the babies was almost, immediately, turning into despair and despondency.

Dr. Tochukwu Nwoye, the medical doctor who led a team of doctors that carried out the operation, was not on seat when our reporters visited the hospital. The new mother of five who couldn’t hide her despair on how to foot the bills and subsequently take care of her new bundle of joy was kept in a semi-private ward away from her babies as she was still recuperating from the operations.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/woman-gives-birth-to-five-after-16-yrs-of-childlessness.html
There's an overflow, abundant of grace!!! Wow.
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Johnkay225: 11:16am On Nov 23, 2019
Simply Amazing.... Glory be to God...
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Johnkay225: 11:18am On Nov 23, 2019
Crazyblue:

You don't also think that might not be the case.. They may suffer and they probably may not..
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2019
passionberry:
I doubt is ivf oh.people were no get money ..if ivf cheap a lot of couples lookng for friut of the womb will do it...when a lady clocks 35 _40 ,high chance of getting twins,triplets and so

No, triplet n quadruplet chances does not increase with age, female fertility reduces with age.

Na IVF/fertility drugs.

That's what's up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 23, 2019
kay4kay:

Can you comprehend?
A poor man like this got no money for ivf

Its God at work

And the ones that don't have a baby, "devil @ work grin
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by Lazerone(f): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
Her joy knows no bounds, God be praised

Meanwhile, did you know you can build a really beautiful building using just salt. Check it out http://prodesigners.com.ng/why-you-should-build-your-house-with-salt/
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by UrVillagePpl: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
landforeast:

You still dey watch NTA

Na by chance oo grin
Re: Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness by princetg: 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2019
Glory be to God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Surprises Mum After A Year Abroad Serving US Military / Hello Nairalanders!! Meet My Mom And I / 6-Month Premature Vs 4-Years Later: Lady Shares Photos Of Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.