Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism (43023 Views)

Two Manchester United Players Stand To Gain The Most From Cristiano Ronaldo's De / Osimhen Urges Fight Against Racism As He Faces Racial Slur In Italy / Raheem Sterling Wins Award For Stance Against Racism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by ogbiwa: 6:30am On Nov 23, 2019
The players of Dutch clubs Excelsior and Volendam stood still for the first minute of their second division match on Friday to protest against racism.

Excelsior's Ahmad Mendes Moreira was subjected to racist abuse by Den Bosch supporters on Sunday.

Players in the Netherlands' top two divisions subsequently agreed not to play in the first minute of games this weekend to draw attention to racism.

Fans applauded as the players remained still as planned following kick-off.

The Eerste Divisie sides stood together before the match wearing anti-racism tops, and supporters held up red cards reading "show racism the red card" during the 18th minute - the number Excelsior winger Moreira, 24, wears on his shirt.

Moreira said he had been called a "negro and cotton-picker" by Den Bosch fans on Sunday, though the hosts initially claimed the striker mistook "crow sounds" for racist abuse.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50524667

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by drips8(m): 6:33am On Nov 23, 2019
This won't unfortunately stop racism.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by cenaman(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2019
Say No To Racism, Say No To IPOB Tribalist, Say No To IPOB wire wire, Say No To IPOB hate speech..

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by beresponsible(m): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2019
If you are black and playing well that is peppering the other team, your opponent must yab you and they use all available words to hurt.
Respect to the eredivisie, but serie A and Russian premier league, racist cesspool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by chukwuibuipob: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
cool
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by qempirow: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by tunjilee003: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
Racism is not rampant in Nederland unlike Russia and Italy....
Racist and terrorist shouldn't be segregated because they are both same....

18 Likes

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Ihutomi: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
The painful thing is that same people will disobey fellow players
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Brandstudio01: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
Genuine love and unity seems to have gone on vacation. God have mercy

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

1 Like

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Cindygurl: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
shocked
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by gbenatom(m): 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
Good
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by yomalex(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Okay o
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Henriksen(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Good
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Frankyboy1(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Good one
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by chukwuibuipob: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
cenaman:
Say No To Racism, Say No To IPOB Tribalist, Say No To IPOB wire wire, Say No To IPOB hate speech..
undecided wetin ipob do u lipsrsealed angry shocked

4 Likes

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Gameokwe(m): 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is commendable

3 Likes

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by dangoteinlaw: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Racism will never ever end not in this century. I mean who's gonna stop it, a racist? Lol.... Even in an open society as USA is still prevalent talkless of Europe

11 Likes

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Godhatesodomy: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Wow
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
Epl
Spanish
Italian and
Russian premier league has the worst racial fans
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Bonapart(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
This don't do a thing. Racism is thought.

People are still teaching their kids even as I am typing this

Racism cannot die
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by solmusdesigns: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
grin

i once got racist remarks but i didnt even care
, iwo lo mo, i gave her waka and a middle finger, the one i shared an elivator with was so scared she moved closed to the mirror..

Being African is a thing to give you extra confidence and being a nigerian is an extra bonus because many fear you

14 Likes

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by mysteryman2014: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
drips8:
This won't unfortunately stop racism.

It will help intensify the required attention against racism.
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by OkCornel(m): 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
Lol...

I’m just here to see hardened tribalists complain about racism.

Double standards...

4 Likes

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by jayextra(m): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
cenaman:
Hush!

1 Like

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Reussite: 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
Bonapart:
This don't do a thing. Racism is thought.

People are still teaching their kids even as I am typing this

Racism cannot die
It can't
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by iamoyindamola(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
logon599:
Italians will be looking at them like:

"Is that all?"
Or the Ukrainian, those one are very shameless.
I read they banned taison for reacting to racism
Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by BlackfireX: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
Africans are hypocrite, especially Nigerians....

The one Yoruba and igbos are doing on NL is called what?

Come you players if you don't like it, go and play for enyimba or shooting stars.

6 Likes

Re: Dutch Players Stand Still After Kick Off To Protest Against Racism by Hubsolar: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
Nice one grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June / Lionel Messi Bottle Flip Pepsi Advert (Video, Photos) / Police Brutalise Nigeria Gold Medalist With Jack Knife At A Bank In Abeokuta(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.