Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls (1186 Views)

What Is The Purpose Of My Life? / The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It / Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 23, 2019
Good morning nairaland.

Pls I need sane advice from the wise people of this forum. Have been having disturbing thoughts In my heart about celibacy theory that has been preached since generations, I am one of those guys who say abstinence until marriage but am having doubts.

I would feel honestly cheated if I abstain from the pleasures of sex all my life only to get married to a woman isn't a virgin herself, a woman who has never thought of abstinence, a woman who will have lots of other people to compare me with.

People say that we should let God direct who we are to marry, but have forgotten God does accordingly to what support his own plans alone and am no sure he carries man's own desire in it. I feel God can give a virgin a non-virgin and say that is the Best for him, and I always felt these sorts of things are cheating.

We are in a lawless generation, and sex is cheap to get as water, I honestly don't know if I should continue with my abstinence philosophy or flow with the times cause I know how scarce it is to get a virgin partner. Almost every girl has slept with their boyfriends in the name of love, and In the end don't get married to them, for an example the case of the babcock girl who recorded a sex video with her psycho path boyfriend having doggy and swallowing his sperm, she already broke up with him and am sure she was hoping to find a God fearing man( idiots) with no experience who will think he found a good wife and treat her like a queen after another psycho path made her his bitch.

I am honestly having doubts in my heart and I don't even know if this is where to post this. Please i need sane advice only.thanks
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 23, 2019
phlegmatic007:
Good morning nairaland.

Pls I need sane advice from the wise people of this forum. Have been having disturbing thoughts In my heart about celibacy theory that has been preached since generations, I am one of those guys who say abstinence until marriage but am having doubts.

I would feel honestly cheated if I abstain from the pleasures of sex all my life only to get married to a woman isn't a virgin herself, a woman who has never thought of abstinence, a woman who will have lots of other people to compare me with.

People say that we should let God direct who we are to marry, but have forgotten God does accordingly to what support his own plans alone and am no sure he carries man's own desire in it. I feel God can give a virgin a non-virgin and say that is the Best for him, and I always felt these sorts of things are cheating.

We are in a lawless generation, and sex is cheaper to get
Hello,
Reject the world's view of sex as though a fulfilment before marriage. Even if your partner ended up not being a virgin, what does it really matter? Does two wrongs make a right? Does your also having sex before marriage equate the sex wrong?
What does the Bible say about this? It encourages us to totally refrain from it. If you want sex so badly, when was the last time you opted for getting married for a first time?
I'm a fighter of #SexBeforeMarriage; it really is not a way forward as it has many cons than prons.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by donbachi(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2019
Dey here dey ask plenty question...u better go and change oil.before something go begin rust..if u abstain from sex and still live a life full of lies,resentment,anger and be sowing seed of discord...u go still go hell las las.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Chubhie: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2019
A man's daymare......

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by blackboy(m): 8:39am On Nov 23, 2019
1. Keeping your dignity. 2. Right thing 3. For your future

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Chubhie: 8:42am On Nov 23, 2019
There's absolutely nothing wrong in adopting the If You Can't Beat Them Then Join Them philosophy.

You are basically allowing outside influence to seduce and rewire your uniqueness. It's never an easy road to be a rebel and be the change you wish to see in the world.

I believe in freedom, I believe in living life on your own terms. What do you believe in?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by graciamore(f): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2019
Your decision should not Just be based on what the society thinks or are doing...what about your personal race to heaven and your salvation...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Winneygirl(f): 9:29am On Nov 23, 2019
Stop your confusion.
Abstinence and for whatever period of time is a personal choice.
Don't deceive yourself by mentioning God.
Thinking that if you marry a non-virgin, it'll be like God cheated you?
You're not that spiritual afterall.
You're just sex-starved.
Go and rethink the choices you are making in your life and seek to be a morally upright person who has something good to offer society.
Having sex isn't what makes one good or bad.
It is who you are as a person that matters most.
You can abstain from sex, but be cheating in exams.
You can abstain from sex, but rob people of their belongings.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Richy4(m): 11:42am On Nov 23, 2019
phlegmatic007:
Good morning nairaland.

We are in a lawless generation, and sex is cheap to get as water, I honestly don't know if I should continue with my abstinence philosophy or flow with the times cause I know how scarce it is to get a virgin partner. Almost every girl has slept with their boyfriends in the name of love, and In the end don't get married to them, for an example the case of the babcock girl who recorded a sex video with her psycho path boyfriend having doggy and swallowing his sperm, she already broke up with him and am sure she was hoping to find a God fearing man( idiots) with no experience who will think he found a good wife and treat her like a queen after another psycho path made her his bitch.

I am honestly having doubts in my heart and I don't even know if this is where to post this. Please i need sane advice only.thanks

I might be wrong though but I don't know why I think that you don't sound like a virgin to me.. What is so special about marrying a virgin? Some people can be virgins but after getting married they decide to throw caution to the wind and became promiscuous. that's what few people tagged as carryover...

I believe these are the reasons people do abstinence they wait until they feel ready for a sexual relationship; wait to find the right partner; enjoy their partner’s company without having to deal with a sexual relationship; focus on school, their job, or hobbies; follow their personal, moral, or religious beliefs and values and follow their doctor’s advice during or after a sickness, infection, or medical procedure.

So if anyone does not feel like doing all these, no need to judge them.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by crackhaus: 11:50am On Nov 23, 2019
Guy quit this fearmongering and stick to your values if it means that much to you.

There are still virgin girls & women available to marry, make sure you choose one so you don't feel cheated.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by lastmessenger: 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
Sex is not sweet my bro. I enjoy my celibate life. Who sex EPP?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
OP, I may be wrong but I seem to understand what your problem is.

You see there are times when a person will be upon something of virtue and will be on the path of righteousness. This can be because that was what he was brought up to believe or because of the influence of the society he lived in. So these values are instilled in him right from when he was child and he grew up with it.

But then something happens to him or he hears of an incident or he observes the world and he begins to realise some things that will make him question what he has initially believed. He is exposed to some things that cast doubts in his heart concerning the virtues he believed in. And this can cause him to begin to disbelieve in all those virtues.

But the reason why those doubts affected him so much was because he did not have deep knowledge about what he believed in, all of its concepts and all the facts sorrouding such virtues. He only believed in them because that's what he was taught or made to believe. Then he begins to question them and if he doesn't find an answer, he may give them up totally.

I think that's evident in your words.

You said:

You might have been someone who has been made to believe in God but what you said above shows you lack deep meaning of belief in God.

You said God does things according to his own plans and doesn't consider man's desire in it.

Is it the same God that created you in the perfect being that you are? The same one that created all the heavenly bodies for them to serve your purpose on earth and be of benefit to you (the sun, moon, stars, rain etc) and He spread the earth all for your comfort and for the earth to bring forth resources of all kinds for the benefit of mankind? Is the same God that has created the feeling of pleasure in you so that you may feel pleasure and he created the feeling of pain in you so that you may be alerted concerning the bad consequences of whatever it is that you involved in that brought you pain? The same God who has given you wisdom to discern what's right or wrong and he deemed that many things on earth should be under your control?

The bottom-line is if you contemplate the fact that most if not all of God's creation on earth and his works was for the purpose and benefit of mankind, you will realize you were wrong when you said "God does things according to His own plan and does not consider man's desire"

And then secondly, you made mention of how He can give you someone who is a non virgin and say that's best for you but you consider it cheating.

It is very evident, if you said the above, that the devil is seeking to use your observations (all what you said about people having sex everywhere) to toil with your mind and make you cast aspersions upon your Lord.

How can you compare your wisdom with your source of wisdom? How can you compare a drop of water to a whole ocean? How can you compare your reasoning being a man with the reason of GOD?!!

Your own reasoning is based on the external part of everything that you see but all things have two parts; the external which is visible to man and the internal part which is most times visible to God only. God is the one who has a complete understanding of all things but you own is just based on the external part.

So if God's judgement were to clash with your own, common sense should dictate that the judgement of God is the best for he has far more advanced knowledge and understanding than that of man.

So if God gives u a non virgin and say that's best for you, believe me it's best for you.

Have we not heard how people who were the worst of creatures became very righteous people? I don't know your religion but if you are a Christian, I'm very sure such stories will be in the bible. If you are a Muslim, there are many stories I can point you to. When the message of Islam started, Umar ibn Al Khattab was one of those who sought to kill the Prophet. Years later, he became so virtuous that Allaah promised him paradise while he was still on earth.

A person who is a non virgin can be the best in character, the best in attitude, the most righteous, the most patient and the best wife you can ever have.

While a virgin may have nothing tangible to offer except her virginity.

Can you compare the two of them? surely in this case, the non virgin is the best!!!

So if God says a non virgin is best for you, then it's the best.

About what you said you observed, your reaction to all what you observed makes It obvious that the devil is toiling with your mind and is taking advantage of your lack of knowledge concerning what you believed

"Oh everyone is doing it. Then it's no big deal. Why don't you join?"

This is a trick from the devil. That is one of the ways he has continued to influence mankind to join the bandwagon of bad people and that's the reason why more and more people continue to be bad and the world gets plunged deeper and deeper into sin and darkness. Then we wonder why there's so much evil in the world and bad people are increasing. Its simply because the devil has successfully influenced more and more people to join in evil.

"Oh! It's 21st century. That's how the world is now. So we roll with it"

That's the trick of the devil! You said it yourself that you are considering flowing with things. You are just one step away from making the devil complete that process in your life.

See, whatever is wrong is wrong. It doesn't matter if the whole world is doing it. And there's always reward for the one who remains patient upon truth.

Stay chaste my boy, for the sake of GOD, and he shall reward you with what is best. If it's a virgin that's best, he shall give it to you. And if it's a non virgin, and he decides she's best for you, man, don't let your sentiments cloud your judgment. Rather open your eyes and mind to the degree of God and you will see the blessings that are greater than you can imagine in that non virgin woman God had decided is best for you.

I pray that God will open your mind to the truth and make you steadfast upon uprightness.

My piece!

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Grupo(m): 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
There is nothing wrong with premarital sex.

Even your favorite pastor that tells you to abstain is fụ́cking people's wives in the name of counseling.

Just make sure you have safe sex. That's the most important thing.

It's all these abstinence preaching that's breeding rapists in the society.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

You see there are times when a person will be upon something of virtue and will be on the path of righteousness. This can be because that was what he was brought up to believe or because of the influence of the society he lived in. So these values are instilled in him right from when he was child and he grew up with it.

But then something happens to him or he hears of an incident or he observes the world and he begins to realise some things that will make him question what he has initially believed. He is exposed to some things that cast doubts in his heart concerning the virtues he believed in. And this can cause him to begin to disbelieve in all those virtues.

But the reason why those doubts affected him so much was because he did not have deep knowledge about what he believed in, all of its concepts and all the facts sorrouding such virtues. He only believed in them because that's what he was taught or made to believe. Then he begins to question them and if he doesn't find an answer, he may give them up totally.

I think that's evident in your words.

You said:

You might have been someone who has been made to believe in God but what you said above shows you lack deep meaning of belief in God.

You said God does things according to his own plans and doesn't consider man's desire in it.

Is it the same God that created you in the perfect being that you are? The same one that created all the heavenly bodies for them to serve your purpose on earth and be of benefit to you (the sun, moon, stars, rain etc) and He spread the earth all for your comfort and for the earth to bring forth resources of all kinds for the benefit of mankind? Is the same God that has created the feeling of pleasure in you so that you may feel pleasure and he created the feeling of pain in you so that you may be alerted concerning the bad consequences of whatever it is that you involved in that brought you pain? The same God who has given you wisdom to discern what's right or wrong and he deemed that many things on earth should be under your control?

The bottom-line is if you contemplate the fact that most if not all of God's creation on earth and his works was for the purpose and benefit of mankind, you will realize you were wrong when you said "God does things according to His own plan and does not consider man's desire"

And then secondly, you made mention of how He can give you someone who is a non virgin and say that's best for you but you consider it cheating.

It is very evident, if you said the above, that the devil is seeking to use your observations (all what you said about people having sex everywhere) to toil with your mind and make you cast aspersions upon your Lord.

How can you compare your wisdom with your source of wisdom? How can you compare a drop of water to a whole ocean? How can you compare your reasoning being a man with the reason of GOD?!!

Your own reasoning is based on the external part of everything that you see but all things have two parts; the external which is visible to man and the internal part which is most times visible to God only. God is the one who has a complete understanding of all things but you own is just based on the external part.

So if God's judgement were to clash with your own, common sense should dictate that the judgement of God is the best for he has far more advanced knowledge and understanding than that of man.

So if God gives u a non virgin and say that's best for you, believe me it's best for you.

Have we not heard how people who were the worst of creatures became very righteous people? I don't know your religion but if you are a Christian, I'm very sure such stories will be in the bible. If you are a Muslim, there are many stories I can point you to. When the message of Islam started, Umar ibn Al Khattab was one of those who sought to kill the Prophet. Years later, he became so virtuous that Allaah promised him paradise while he was still on earth.

A person who is a non virgin can be the best in character, the best in attitude, the most righteous, the most patient and the best wife you can ever have.

While a virgin may have nothing tangible to offer except her virginity.

Can you compare the two of them? surely in this case, the non virgin is the best!!!

So if God says a non virgin is best for you, then it's the best.

About what you said you observed, your reaction to all what you observed makes It obvious that the devil is toiling with your mind and is taking advantage of your lack of knowledge concerning what you believed

"Oh everyone is doing it. Then it's no big deal. Why don't you join?"

This is a trick from the devil. That is one of the ways he has continued to influence mankind to join the bandwagon of bad people and that's the reason why more and more people continue to be bad and the world gets plunged deeper and deeper into sin and darkness. Then we wonder why there's so much evil in the world and bad people are increasing. Its simply because the devil has successfully influenced more and more people to join in evil.

"Oh! It's 21st century. That's how the world is now. So we roll with it"

That's the trick of the devil! You said it yourself that you are considering flowing with things. You are just one step away from making the devil complete that process in your life.

See, whatever is wrong is wrong. It doesn't matter if the whole world is doing it. And there's always reward for the one who remains patient upon truth.

Stay chaste my boy, for the sake of GOD, and he shall reward you with what is best. If it's a virgin that's best, he shall give it to you. And if it's a non virgin, and he decides she's best for you, man, don't let your sentiments cloud your judgment. Rather open your eyes and mind to the degree of God and you will see the blessings that are greater than you can imagine in that non virgin woman God had decided is best for you.

I pray that God will open your mind to the truth and make you steadfast upon uprightness.

My piece!

Thanks so much Sir!
Am really grateful for your wise advice, God bless you Sir.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
phlegmatic007:

Thanks so much Sir! Am really grateful for your wise advice, God bless you Sir.
You are welcome my boy grin
Amen to your prayer.
You were created to be great on earth. Go and ensure you achieve your greatness!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by victor54: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2019
Winneygirl:
Stop your confusion.
Abstinence and for whatever period of time is a personal choice.
Don't deceive yourself by mentioning God.
Thinking that if you marry a non-virgin, it'll be like God cheated you?
You're not that spiritual afterall.
You're just sex-starved.
Go and rethink the choices you are making in your life and seek to be a morally upright person who has something good to offer society.
Having sex isn't what makes one good or bad.
It is who you are as a person that matters most.
You can abstain from sex, but be cheating in exams.
You can abstain from sex, but rob people of their belongings.
Well said
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Abcruz(m): 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

I am blessed by your words Sir!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Abcruz(m): 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
phlegmatic007:

Thanks so much Sir!
Am really grateful for your wise advice, God bless you Sir.
Hear the word of the sovereign LORD o simple one

For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts--Isaiah 55:9

Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...-Exodus 23:2

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by Bigblessed: 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2019
Bro, please if you have made up your mind to sin against your God through fornication, you better go ahead and prepare for the consequences because from your thought, you already know the truth.

All I can see here is someone that the accuser of the brethren is seriously waiting at the point of defiling his temple of God so that he can strike; if I were you, I will seriously stand firm and rebuke him so that your next level will easily come by.

Remember that what works for mr. A might not work for mr. B.
Many may have done it and got away though secretly hunted, which they will not come out here to tell you; so you that have gone this far with such a life of purity, why not try to uphold it to the end.

Oh! I wish I was upportuned to have available councilors during my days. All the same, I still return all glory to God almighty.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Abstinence From Sex? Pls by yemisolar(m): 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2019
You need to have your own personal reasons for not engaging in premarital sex.

YOUR OWN REASONS

Not because someone said so or your parents expect you to. It's not only about marrying a virgin or not. Being a virgin is not the only thing that makes a marriage work.

Being a virgin however helps trust in a marriage. Someone who can keep himself/herself in this depraved world shows signs of discipline.

Also, you need to Know that not everyone is having premarital sex. Those who do are only louder than those who don't. People still keep themselves before marriage.

The key to staying celibate even in a relationship is to court someone who believes the same thing. There will be moments of temptations but the two of you are not likely to loose it at the same time.

Don't let anyone make you feel as if you are loosing out on life. The truth is what you are loosing out on is STD's, unnecessary heartbreaks, unwanted pregnancy, abortion, children out of wedlock, unplanned extended family, baby mama troubles and a backlog if comparison which increases your temptation to fall into infidelity.

I wish you best of luck

(1) (Reply)

Arewa Twitter Users Call Out Saudi Arabia For Banning Under 18 Marriage / When I Got Married In Owo To My Wife From Idoani, Ondo State, Abba Kyari Was My / How We Withdraw And Spend Dead People' 's Money - Bank Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.