Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record (53240 Views)

Rave & Roses Becomes 1st African Album To Cross 1 Billion Streams On Spotify / Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. / 'A Good Time': Davido's Album Hits 1 Billion Streams As Obama DMW Tackles Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by paradigmshift(m): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
error4040:
The last Davido track I Had was Nasty C 'Juice back' and Cassper Nyovest‘Check On You
and All were because he was Featured.

Nigga keeps singing Trash.

lol... e his thrash but hype no go let dem see road.
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by paradigmshift(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
castrokins:
Does It Mean All The 87m Streamers Had To Pay $9.99 Per Stream?

nope

1 Like

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by paradigmshift(m): 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Prosperitytrill:
To be honest this album is overhyped and over rated

u re only the sincere person here.
the album is wack

3 Likes

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by lilmax(m): 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
He always ensures his works comes with sensible and relatable lyrics not like Wizkid that makes disjointed product... I want you in my bedroom... Fashola come see eh, Tinubu come see eh...

This guy said davido's lyrics are sensible and relatable grin

Lmao

3 Likes

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
Vacora:
E tire me sef. All hyperbole for the 9ja bloggers. No facts just cook up a story and watch idiots jump up and down like clueless virgins at a brothel.

homesteady:
I just tire ohh.. I was even doubting my senses.

sadly, many people out there will just believe any rubbish they read online, so long as it is something positive about their favorite artist, without even using their brain... i love Davido's music but they should stop claiming nonsense for cheap hype/trending purposes.

2 Likes

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Abagworo(m): 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2019
Decca’s new release of vintage Bing Crosby vocals and fresh recordings from the London Symphony Orchestra, Bing at Christmas, is #9.

Coming out of Africa is modern Afrobeat king Davido with A Good Time (RCA) at #10.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=318926&title=

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
castrokins:
Does It Mean All The 87m Streamers Had To Pay $9.99 Per Stream?

if you go on Spotify and play any of his song for more than 30sec, then that would be 1 stream
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by etrange: 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
kurupt1:
Wizkid still dey busy dey fvck Tiwa instead he would focus on his hussle

Everything fvck fvck fvck!

You guys can't type constructively without coming out dirty.
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by adeyemi91(m): 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
mosho2good:
*I went for a job interview yesterday. The moment I saw that my bitter ex was in charge, I knew I had already lost the job. The wizard asked me to name 15 Indian Biscuits & 25 basketball players from South Sudan.*

How is that even related to the job?
����������
��‍⚕
She should've told you to name just 1 Indian rapper na
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by wallezee: 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
Muhammad2468:
David Adeleke also known as Davido on November 22, at exactly 12am, released his new album ‘A Good Time’ , and barely 5hrs after it was released the Album has been breaking and setting new records.

According to reports, the DMW founder’s new album hit a staggering number of 87million streams as at 5am, Saturday morning.

The Album has also broken into the charts of 38 countries according to Apple Music.
See the records so far below:

The Highest Charting African Album Ever In The United States On @itunes (All Genres) , OBO made a monster and this is just the beginning #AGoodTime
New Peak : #9

#AGoodTime Is The #1 POP Album In The United States

#AGoodTime Charting in 38 Countries on Apple Music , Top 100 in 24 countries.

Monster hit of 87, 785, 550 streams in less than 5hours.
Well deserved. Guess most wizkid’s fans are drug users, cause I can’t imagine someone sober liking wizkid’s kind of songs like “Joro”
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by wallezee: 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Muhammad2468:
David Adeleke also known as Davido on November 22, at exactly 12am, released his new album ‘A Good Time’ , and barely 5hrs after it was released the Album has been breaking and setting new records.

According to reports, the DMW founder’s new album hit a staggering number of 87million streams as at 5am, Saturday morning.

The Album has also broken into the charts of 38 countries according to Apple Music.

The Highest Charting African Album Ever In The United States On @itunes (All Genres) , OBO made a monster and this is just the beginning #AGoodTime

Well deserved. Only marijuana smokers will like Wizkid’s kind of songs, like “Joro”
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by nduchucks: 12:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
Truth be told, this is Davido's best work to date.

This will be nominated for Grammy next year just like Burna Boy's music this year.

1 Like

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by uju22(f): 12:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
Congratulations Davido

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
lilmax:

This guy said davido's lyrics are sensible and relatable grin

Lmao

So Nwa baby is not sensible or relatable it is because he didn't do it like Asa....

Put your best modern artist lyrics side by side his and point out the significant difference

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by maximusprime2000: 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
wen i see jobless youth insulting each other on the basis of another boys success. i just keep wondering who stole their placentals.
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
9 dollars should be around 3k4 naira.

Now times that by 87 million
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by fk001(m): 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:
I can't just hate this dude ..the only Nigerian musician I follow online

I thought you are a fanatical christian, you don't listen to worldly music.

Why not stick to your Gospel music and follow the likes of Jeremiah Gyang.
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by gojgyt: 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
GODPUNISHALABI:
South Africans go just commit suicide
I swear
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Vicanious: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
Muhammad2468:

Which African release records please?

I like the album, it has some cool songs but they shouldn't mess things up with cheap hype...

The caption is very stupid, "All african album release records" , what kind of dumb hype is that?

And as someone on this thread said,

"How can it hit 87M streams in 5hours with songs that have been streamed for about 2yrs already?! stop posting RUBBISH and LIES online!

FALL, IF, ASSURANCE accounts for a total of 66M old streams, duh!"

The problem with Nigerians is they dont think, dont analyse..

They are mostly gullible and that's what all this cheap strategists use..
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Lazerone(f): 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
Congratulations David Meanwhile, did you know you can build a really beautiful building using just salt. Check it out http://prodesigners.com.ng/why-you-should-build-your-house-with-salt/
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Lazerone(f): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
Congratulations David
Meanwhile, did you know you can build a really beautiful building using just salt. Check it out http://prodesigners.com.ng/why-you-should-build-your-house-with-salt/
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by SalamRushdie: 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
fk001:

I thought you are a fanatical christian, you don't listen to worldly music.

Why not stick to your Gospel music and follow the likes of Jeremiah Gyang.

I just naturally like his aura and energy .
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Blitz888(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
The Favour that comes with marrying a good woman....
Bless up bro!
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Congratulations
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Lexusgs430: 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
For those feeling the album, why buy? When you can download it free?..... grin. He would not miss your money...... wink
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Banter1(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
mtcheeeeew.....which record? abegi
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Enochbij(m): 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
how can it hit 87M streams in 5hours with songs that have been streamed for about 2yrs already?! stop posting RUBBISH and LIES online!

FALL, IF, ASSURANCE accounts for a total of 66M old streams, duh!
This one is in Sifia pain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by KingBaba1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
Muhammad2468:
watin instablog wan talk again
I love the beat of the song, do u know the title of the song please? I need to download it
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by 77up(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
ObeyPaul:
Album were be Like burial songs. Mumu Davido with wack album
Keep hating . You never know you are dying slowly.

Congratulations OBO omo ologo, our own GOAT grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by holurinde(m): 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
Congrat CHAMP!
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:
9 dollars should be around 3k4 naira.
Now times that by 87 million

so, you actually believe that a stream is an album sold....really? here is a clue: go to Spotify (for free), listen to the song for more than 30sec (for free)... et voila, one more stream added to the "87M" other streams in Davido's entire career (for free).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

so, you actually believe that a stream is an album sold....really? here is a clue: go to Spotify (for free), listen to the song for more than 30sec (for free)... et voila, one more stream added to the "87M" other streams in Davido's entire career (for free).

Thanks Kid, now I know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tekena Iyalla Protests At Police Station Over Increased Robbery In Rivers (Pics) / DOWNLOAD Mp3 ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside [full Album Tracklists Downloads] *new / 'Smile' Official Video - Wizkid Features His 3 Sons, Banky W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.