Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,633 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record (53545 Views)

Rave & Roses Becomes 1st African Album To Cross 1 Billion Streams On Spotify / Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. / 'A Good Time': Davido's Album Hits 1 Billion Streams As Obama DMW Tackles Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by WowSweetGuy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
una too hype this guy sha
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by toprealman: 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
kurupt1:
Wizkid still dey busy dey fvck Tiwa instead he would focus on his hussle
And what have you been doing with your time?
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
KingBaba1:
I love the beat of the song, do u know the title of the song please? I need to download it
one thing
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Bahamas95(m): 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
ObeyPaul:
Album were be Like burial songs. Mumu Davido with wack album
Jealousy!

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by SirBunky85(m): 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
mosho2good:
*I went for a job interview yesterday. The moment I saw that my bitter ex was in charge, I knew I had already lost the job. The wizard asked me to name 15 Indian Biscuits & 25 basketball players from South Sudan.*

How is that even related to the job?
����������stale
��‍⚕
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by courna(m): 2:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

sadly, many people out there will just believe any rubbish they read online, so long as it is something positive about their favorite artist, without even using their brain... i love Davido's music but they should stop claiming nonsense for cheap hype/trending purposes.

Either old songs or not... They are in the album and they make up the numbers
He had a lot of hits which were never in an album
He was supposed to release his second album back in the past years but he kept on pushing it reasons best known to him..

The album is cool with some nice tracks.. Problem with people is that they don't listen they just come out to spit trash about what they don't even know...

Its fine if you don't like davido but saying things you don't know about is pure foolery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by hanymasahun: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2019
You sure he is not buy it as usual
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by castrokins(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Thanks

paradigmshift:

nope
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by castrokins(m): 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
What's The Rate Of Conversion Of Those Beautiful Impressions?

MrBrownJay1:

if you go on Spotify and play any of his song for more than 30sec, then that would be 1 stream
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by ajericho(m): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
Bigiyo:
Where those wizkid FC?
Burna Boy album was nominated for Grammy, davido album too doing wonders under 24 hrs

album incoming
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2019
Back then we credit entertainment success like this to Illuminati and free mansory.

Thank God I grow Sha.

Congratulations to OBO even if I love his songs but hate his manners.
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Thablownmindset: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
kurupt1:
Wizkid still dey busy dey fvck Tiwa instead he would focus on his hussle

who dey follow you do competition?
just in case you don't know the streams are ranked up by Fall, IF, assurance, blow your mind and Risky ��
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by marttol: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
ObeyPaul:
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by cotzywitzy(m): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
ObeyPaul:

Dj go play am for your burial when you grow old and pass away. I trust your great grandchildren to ask dj to play it.
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by seancombs617: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2019
All Hype,thanks to social media
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by therajah: 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
mosho2good:
*I went for a job interview yesterday. The moment I saw that my bitter ex was in charge, I knew I had already lost the job. The wizard asked me to name 15 Indian Biscuits & 25 basketball players from South Sudan.*

How is that even related to the job?
����������
��‍⚕
You av to be smart!!! Indian biscuits, start naming indian movies with little modifications or names of Indian actors.. amitab biscuits, sashkapor biscuits, lilyin biscuit. Teremonbaniy biscuit, gazaaby biscuit, bashaaan biscuit..endless!!
South sudan players.. plenty names nooow!!! Anjoe wiklipei, terry mendei, ....just form names and pass ur interview!!! At least he too doesnt know... he wants to see ur smartness dats all!!
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by error4040: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2019
BrutalJab:

Fix your Error riddened brain first.
I normally don't Reply This kind kinda post. But I needed to ask you Wassup with you bruh ?
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
courna:
Either old songs or not... They are in the album and they make up the numbers
He had a lot of hits which were never in an album
He was supposed to release his second album back in the past years but he kept on pushing it reasons best known to him..
The album is cool with some nice tracks.. Problem with people is that they don't listen they just come out to spit trash about what they don't even know...
Its fine if you don't like davido but saying things you don't know about is pure foolery

focus on the below claim from OP again.... this time while using your brain:

Muhammad2468:
.Monster hit of 87, 785, 550 streams in less than 5hours.

then come back again and tell me that this is NOT a pile of complete rubbish (since at least 66M of these above streams are roughly 3years old).

1 Like

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by MENTORCH(m): 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
ObeyPaul:

Honestly I thought it was only me that noticed it, not trying to hate, but that album didn’t make sense. The only good tracks there are his old tracks. Burna boy’s album was far better.
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by stephenqueen: 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
how can it hit 87M streams in 5hours with songs that have been streamed for about 2yrs already?! stop posting RUBBISH and LIES online!

FALL, IF, ASSURANCE accounts for a total of 66M old streams, duh!

Froggy added those songs to boost the sales of the album, he knows the album is gonna be a flop without em. He's smart though grin

1 Like

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Russianlord101(m): 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
Dead album
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Legendguru: 12:08am On Nov 24, 2019
Oh
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Antisymmetric: 3:08am On Nov 24, 2019
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Mbitiouz69: 4:17am On Nov 24, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

so, you actually believe that a stream is an album sold....really? here is a clue: go to Spotify (for free), listen to the song for more than 30sec (for free)... et voila, one more stream added to the "87M" other streams in Davido's entire career (for free).

They don't work that way FAM, I'm an upcoming artist and I can tell ya, 1k streams on Spotify=4$ for an independent artist with no label but 5 to 6$ for a label artist and on apple.music its 8$ per 1k streams but label = 10$, YouTube is the lowest if you gat 1m plays on your song, its 880$ to 900$

Tidal is the maddest, its like blood money, make I no talk am here
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by musticliks(m): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2019
One thing I always commend Davido for, is that he is hardworking, knows how to strategize , mingles with artists who will give him what he wants....
If he hadn't included those old songs the album would have been wack because I have listened to the new songs on the album and d only catchy ones there are *one thing* and *risky*
but I sincerely tell it's ovehyped....
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by BrutalJab: 7:41am On Nov 24, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

focus on the below claim from OP again.... this time while using your brain:

then come back again and tell me that this is NOT a pile of complete rubbish (since at least 66M of these above streams are roughly 3years old).

Why do you love lying

You said 2yrs the other time, here you are saying roughly 3yrs again.

You have a very big problem bro
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by BrutalJab: 7:44am On Nov 24, 2019
Muhammad2468:
more
Cc GoogleB

Quickly deleted that thread. grin
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by Shino444(m): 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
ObeyPaul:

Hatred go kill u and all those fools wen like your mumu post
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
BrutalJab:

Why do you love lying

You said 2yrs the other time, here you are saying roughly 3yrs again.

You have a very big problem bro

very simple: one of these song is 3 yr old and the other are 2 yr old.....duh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mbitiouz69:

They don't work that way FAM, I'm an upcoming artist and I can tell ya, 1k streams on Spotify=4$ for an independent artist with no label but 5 to 6$ for a label artist and on apple.music its 8$ per 1k streams but label = 10$, YouTube is the lowest if you gat 1m plays on your song, its 880$ to 900$

Tidal is the maddest, its like blood money, make I no talk am here

bro.. stick to the issue:
this dude was thinking that all the 87M people who streamed these songs paid $9.99 (aka price of the album). now, read again what i wrote and tell me AGAIN that it doesnt work that way...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by BrutalJab: 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

very simple: one of these song is 3 yr old and the other are 2 yr old.....duh!

None of them is 3 years bro.

Fall and If were released February and June 2017.

Which is approximately 2years plus some months.

Let's be guided abeg
Re: ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2019
BrutalJab:

None of them is 3 years bro.

Fall and If were released February and June 2017.

Which is approximately 2years plus some months.

Let's be guided abeg

ok one is 2yrs and 9months aka "roughly 3 yrs" (big difference).... but yet when they claim ARRANT NONSENSE that these songs streamed in 5hours, you dont seem to want to be "guided" abi? lol

now lets see what you are going to say about the below:

MrBrownJay1:
how can it hit 87M streams in 5hours with songs that have been streamed for about 2yrs already?! stop posting RUBBISH and LIES online!

FALL, IF, ASSURANCE accounts for a total of 66M old streams, duh!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Mp3 ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside [full Album Tracklists Downloads] *new / FM Radio Presenters In Nigeria In the 1980s, '90s And Early 2000s / 'Smile' Official Video - Wizkid Features His 3 Sons, Banky W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.