Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. (1251 Views)

I Feel Bad After Humiliating An 'obidient' Driver / Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 / Buharist Blames Super Falcons Loss On 'biafran' Players, Twitter Users React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
With the seizure of about $14million dollars belonging to the company, ordering of parts for the airline maintenance, payment for insurance, payment of foreign personnel and other sundry charges will be hampered.
Aviation is heavily dollar dependent, if you lose access to your dollar account it becomes very difficult to operate.

Even if mr Onyema is eventually cleared of the charges after the case undergoes trial, which in American courts can take months if not years, but in the short term, the company will find it very difficult to operate with the seizure and freezing of his company US account.

This will hurt Air peace operations, the largest airline operator in Nigeria, and west Africa.
The repercussions will be enormous, over 3000 direct employees, several pilots, engineers and other professionals about to become unemployed because of avoidable mistakes.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by nakaman: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
so this news is true
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Smithkafors(m): 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Are u the one to cause major job loss....what's 20million dollars?. Better find something and start doing with your life.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by SalamRushdie: 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
If properly handled the airline should stay afloat and govt must make sure because today Airpeace handles over 50 percent of local traffic
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by idid: 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
Stupid rumour monger, his company just bought aircraft worth 200million used.
What is 14 million?
Get a life!

Atouke:
With the seizure of about $14million dollars belonging to the company, ordering of parts for the airline maintenance, payment for insurance, payment of foreign personnel and other sundry charges will be hampered.
Aviation is heavily dollar dependent, if you lose access to your dollar account it becomes very difficult to operate.

Even if mr Onyema is eventually cleared of the charges after the case undergoes trial, which in American courts can take months if not years, but in the short term, the company will find it very difficult to operate with the seizure and freezing of his company US account.

This will hurt Air peace operations, the largest airline operator in Nigeria, and west Africa.
The repercussions will be enormous, over 3000 direct employees, several pilots, engineers and other professionals about to become unemployed because of avoidable mistakes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
Nigeria and unnecessary rumour...and always praying evil..

Not FBI but DEA.

Wetin be DEA?

Reading the whole stuff the case has no weight but simply IRS related tax issue and explanation of all of D/Lc.

Simply putt, clear them on these Issues and case closed.
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
idid:
What is 14 million?
Get a life!

What's a rumor? Do you even know the meaning of the word?
If airpeace account is frozen how will they operate a dollar dependent business?
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Anambralstson: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Atouke:

Worry for your life first and people around you, forget AirPeace employees
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:
If properly handled the airline should stay afloat and govt must make sure because today Airpeace handles over 50 percent of local traffic

I doubt this Buhari govt. Will help. Look what they are doing with Arik and Aero which the Amcon took over, under Amcon Arik went from being a major international airline with US, UK etc routes to becoming a domestic airline.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
idid:
What is 14 million?
Get a life!

Signing a deal is different from paying for the aircraft.

When you sign for an aircraft its like signing an MOU. money may not be involved initially, it just mean you have placed an order for the aircraft. You can also cancel that order or transfer it or modify it.
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
Anambralstson:

Worry for your life first and people around you, forget AirPeace employees

I feel for the employees, you don't control my feelings. The people working for air peace are my people.
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Peacemaker5129(f): 8:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
We will luck down US embassy on Monday until they beg us
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
Goodluck.
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Smithkafors:
Are u the one to cause major job loss....what's 20million dollars?. Better find something and start doing with your life.
It's not about the amount of money seized, when the US Governments freeze your account, it means the treasury department will locate and freeze every account related to your business until the govt. Clears you of the crime for which your account was frozen.

So until Mr onyema is cleared of all criminal charges, it will be very difficult for his company to transact any business in the USA.
And as you know, Aviation is a dollar dependent business.

So except you are willing to live in denial of the effect of the frozen US account on the operation of the airline, The reality is that this case will affect Air peace Operations.
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by OldBeer: 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
The one in Lagos or the one in Ibo land?

If it's the embassy in Lagos, I am sure Yorubas will join you guys.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by zuchyblink(m): 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
Your joblessness is the only problem I see here
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by ifyan(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hmmm
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 12:47am On Nov 24, 2019
ifyan:
Hmmm
?
Re: I Feel Bad For All Air Peace Employees, Major Job Loss On The Horizon. by Atouke: 1:13am On Nov 24, 2019
zuchyblink:
Your joblessness is the only problem I see here
What?

(1) (Reply)

Sowore Is A Courageous Hero / Edo 2020: Over 87 APC Councilors Vow To Resist Obaseki’s Harassment To Join PDP / Pastor Iginla's Wife Makes New Video, Says She Has Reconciled With Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.