Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,672 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Party Heavyweights Bent On Showing Oshiomole Way Out. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Party Heavyweights Bent On Showing Oshiomole Way Out. (304 Views)

Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima / Buhari Lines Up Heavyweights To Battle PDP In South-south / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Party Heavyweights Bent On Showing Oshiomole Way Out. by sojiboy(m): 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2019
Party Heavyweights Bent on showing Oshiomole Way Out.

As it is now, APC governs 20 states out of 36 including the FCT, List Below:
Borno State, Babagana Umara Zulum, APC.
Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, APC.
Ekiti State, John Olukayode Fayemi, APC.
Gombe State, Inuwa Yahaya, APC.
Jigawa State, Alhaji Badaru Muhammad, APC.
Kaduna State, Nasir el Rufai, APC.
Kano State, Umar Ganduje, APC.
Katsina State, Aminu Masari, APC.
Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu, APC.
Kwara State, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, APC.
Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, APC.
Nasarawa State, Abdullahi Sule, APC.
Niger State, Abubakar Sanu-Lulu Bello, APC.
Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, APC.
Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, APC.
Plateau State, Rt Hon Simon Lalong, APC.
Yobe State, Mai Mala Buni, APC.
Abuja F.C.T, Mohammed Bello
Kogi State, Yahyah Bello, APC
Incoming*
Bayelsa State, David Lyon, APC

Out of the 19 states ruled by APC, 11 out of 13 party chairmen who signed for the call of Oshiomole's removal are from the APC states. Only Benue and Sokoto states are not APC ruling among the signatories.

The statement is clear. It simply means Oshiomole isn't popular amongst his own anymore and has little or no contribution to those ruling APC States victory at the polls. The scariest development has been his home state's (Edo) Chairman, joining others to call for his removal. As a man who prides himself on having his tentacles around politics on his home front, that's a colossal loss to Oshiomole.

It's also important to note that Kastina State Chairman is among the signatories. No leaf drops from the Kastina political tree without President Buhari's Knowledge. One only needs to read between the line to see where it is all going.

Do not also forget that Progressive Governors forum(made up of APC governors) have earlier called for the NEC that sat yesterday and they had their way. Need I also remind you that they have as well called for Oshiomole's resignation? It might only a matter of time before they have their way. Obviously, the battle line has been drawn.

The signatories to the call for Oshiomhole’s removal include:
Bala Kangiwa (Kebbi Chairman), Habibi Sara (Jigawa Chairman), Ade Adetimehin (Ondo Chairman), Abdullahi Abbas (Kano Chairman), Abba Yaro (Benue Chairman), Omotoso Paul (Ekiti), Mohammed Iman (Niger Chairman), Anslem Ojezua (Edo Chairman), Philips Shekwo (Nasarawa Chairman), Air Com Ikeda (Kaduna Chairman), Lakep Dabah (Plateau Chairman), Shitu Shitu (Katsina Chairman) and Isah Acida (Sokoto)

Half of 19 APC ruling states is 8.5 but we have 11 APC states as signatories which is more than average of APC Ruling states, calling for Oshiomole's removal and 13 states out of 36 may be minute however, power lies in the hands of the Governors of those states to do and undo their wishes to their national party Chairman.

Yesterday "Oshiomole must Go" rally happened in Abuja and some other APC states. It is important to note that the "Oshiomole Must Go" campaign started from Edo and Warri in the South South region of the country earlier this year. This is Oshiomole's Region and the signs are prominent that the APC National Chairman would be shown the exit door EXCEPT he reconciles with Gov. Godwin Obaseki. At the moment he has been expelled from the party at the unit and ward level. The popular saying that all politics is local still holds sway and adherence to that expulsion by NEC would be next on the Agenda in subsequent NEC meeting. If that sails through, Oshiomole would be regarded as "Ex chairman" sooner than later.

According to information from yesterday's NEC meeting, Buhari was quoted as saying:
"The crisis in Edo will be brought under control. I've mandated the National Chairman to put his home in order and ensure that the Governor who have served one term is supported to serve his second. Where there are grievances, I've also spoken with the Governor to give room for reconciliation so that we don't give the PDP an advantage in the state we already have control..."
Now that the President has spoken, it remains to see what next plays out.

As for me, I will keenly watch the game as it unfolds from the corner of my room in Ado-Ekiti.

Gabriel Adesoji Writes from Ado Ekiti.

(1) (Reply)

APC: We’re Worried That No Party Is Playing Opposition Role, / When The Pharaoh That Does Not Know Joseph Comes To POWER Can They Survive? / Sex doll for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.