Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,785 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima (41066 Views)

Nigeria Mounts Air, Land Offensive Against Bandits In Zamfara / Military Begins Final Offensive Against Boko Haram, ISWAP / Buhari Lines Up Heavyweights To Battle PDP In South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Trumpcard05: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
Opposition against the Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress deepened on Friday as popular Christian members of the party vowed to mobilise voters against it in 2023.

The aggrieved Christian members said the decision of the party’s presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to pick a fellow Muslim from the northern part of the country as his running mate was an error that they would fight with their voter cards in February next year.

Some northern Christian leaders in the APC on Friday called on Nigerians to reject any ticket that was not mixed between Christians and Muslims during the 2023 elections.

According to them, since the Muslim-Muslim ticket for the presidency is divisive, it must be rejected by all patriotic Nigerians.

They barred their minds during the APC Northern Christian Leaders’ Summit, saying the insinuation that northern Muslims would not support a Christian running mate to Tinubu was untrue and divisive.

Among the leaders, who spoke during the event, were a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal; a former Speaker, House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara; a former Minister of Youths and Sports Development, Solomon Dalung; and Senator Ishaku Abbo (Adamawa North).

https://punchng.com/cracks-in-apc-northern-christian-heavyweights-launch-offensive-against-tinubu-shettima/

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by MadamVanessa(f): 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
shocked

The agbado munching bastard is a goner. No place for such a man in our Aso rock, he can go and take Lagos state house for all I care.

500 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by God1000(m): 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2022
More trouble for APC and Tinubu

346 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by diadem10: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
Heavyweight indeed.

Penguin2:

Accept that Tinubu miscalculated.

I’m sure his calculation, and that of his urchins, was that Nigerians will only make noise about the Muslim-Muslim ticket for few days and everyone will move on and forget about it but nah!

We will continue to fire him until 5am on Election Day

Ment. All the big churches are in Lagos. Have they been islamised yet? Na ment? A good brain would know that since Tinubu didn't islamise his wife and Lagos, he won't islamise anyone. Stop limiting politics and competency to religion.

Like, you could see the high strides which Tinubu achieved in Lagos such as his legacies which include Lekki seaport, lekki trade zone, BRT, Eko Atlantic, BRT terminal, high increase in Lagos revenue even at the time Obasanjo withheld Lagos allocation for several years yet Tinubu made Lagos' thrived regardless. But rather than look at these, you're limiting Tinubu to his religion. How is Peter Obi who's got no achievement whatsoever better than Tinubu's enormous legacies in Lagos? Na ment? Tinubu is a first class graduate of accounting whereas Peter Obi is only a D pass graduate of philosophy.

Also, Tinubu is the most liberal leader who always ensure he brings in intelligent talents to nurture and work with him, irrespective of their religion or Tribes. People such as Fashola, Sanwo Olu, Osinbajo, Igbokwe etc..

Point is most Muslims in the southwest are different from the Northern Muslims. They don't allow religion to cage them. Personally, I hope for when religion would only be limited to home and religious houses because that's where it belongs. By limiting religion to only homes and religious houses, this would create more secular carefree avenue for people to use their brain to think outside of the box and improve their environment. Religion or non religion shouldn't be a determinant in any of our settings. Competence should always be championed and should be the main determinant.

Now on the question why Tinubu chose a Northern Muslim despite being a Muslim. It's a political strategic move. He chose a Northern leader from the core North which happens to be a Muslim since almost all the Northern leaders are Muslims anyway.

You all know that most of the leaders in the South are Christians while Muslims are the majorities in the North. Let imagine for example that a Northern Christian happened to get the presidential ticket of a huge platform, who do you think he would choose as his deputy in the South? Of course a popular Southern who may eventually end up being a Christian. Why? Because majority of the leaders in the South are Christian hence choosing one of the popular Southern leaders could end up being a Christian. That was exactly what Tinubu did. It's a political strategic move.

That's why religion shouldn't be a determinant in any settings because it's only a personal thing. Imagine if Shettima was only seen as a Northern Nigerian while Tinubu was seen as a Southern Nigerian. That already balanced the equation and criteria needed instead of bringing in religion into the prism. Point is when you look at Europe, American and Canada, they don't care about your religion whether you're Christian, Muslim or Atheist. What they care about is your competence irrespective of your religion. You wouldn't care about the religion of a doctor who's to operate on you but his competence. Religion shouldn't be a ticket for you to get your way out of your incompetence and I'm talking about Peter Obi who achieved absolute nothing in his Anambra state.

Meanwhile, I believe Tinubu chose Shettima as his deputy because Zulum was Shettima's protégé. Zulum would have been the perfect fit but he wanted a second term as a governor hence Shettima. This isn't about religion.

99 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by GoooodHardDick: 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
I want a vice that can correct me when am wrong - Peter Obi

Can anyone control the druggie? As it stands buhari is uncontrollable, even his vice dey fear am. Speak against buhari and see yourself in jail immediately. No doubt Tinubu the drug lord is by far worst than buhari. Man is buhari pro max but Las las his plan will fail.

Obi is the best man Nigeria needs at the moment. The evidence is clear!!!!!! Vote Obi, vote for labour party

335 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Righteousness2(m): 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
As one who by the grace of God understands the spiritual and physical implication of that ticket, I will keep warning those that Have Ears to Hear.

I boldly and clearly warn without fear or favor because I know the Harsh Consequence of that ticket!

What is Happening right now will be Pizza and Watermelon ginger Juice to what will be if the Apc 2023 partnership sails.
Many will not survive!
Reject it! Refuse it!

My Prayer is GOD open the eyes of understanding of the people to see and understand. even those who are family or close to them.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Truthisunique2: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
Tinubu fighting everyone

For the first time in history tinubu have pit northern christians against their Muslim brothers

They were always one politically until tinubu happened

207 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by 360degreess(m): 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

The agbado munching bastard is a goner. No place for such a man in our Aso rock, he can go and take Lagos state house for all I care.
.. You this frustrated old cargo always to throwing abuses at people

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by MadeInTokyo: 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
The Secretary General of the Federation Boss Mustapha who is a member of the Aso Rock Cabal is all out against Tinubu.

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by floret23(f): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.
CoronaVirusRelo ElSudani Adblg0610 femicyrus Antichrist Aldol satan666 NyamiriSlayer yyba FreeStuffsNG BATified2023 APC2 muhamMad

We Yoruba Christians and sensible muslims are are not going to vote Druggie-Terrorist ticket come 2023.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by floret23(f): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
Righteousness2:
As one who by the grace of God understands the spiritual and physical implication of that ticket, I will keep warning those that Have Ears to Hear.

I boldly and clearly warn without fear or favor because I know the Harsh Consequence of that ticket!

What is Happening right now will be Pizza and Watermelon ginger Juice to what will be if the Apc 2023 partnership sails.
Many will not survive!

My Prayer is GOD open the eyes of understanding of the people, even those who are family or close to them.

Cc CoronaVirusRelo ElSudani Adblg0610 femicyrus Antichrist Aldol satan666 NyamiriSlayer yyba FreeStuffsNG BATified2023 APC2 muhamMad

1 Like

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Samunique(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
I can tell you that we'll all do the fighting together and defeat Tinubu whose greed and desperation have made him a useful idiot for those whose sole target is to capture and enslave Nigerians for religious and ethnic purpose.

That evil will not stand in Jesus name!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Viscuz: 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
Christians wants to teach Tinubu that Jollof rice is better than fried yam

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Samunique(m): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.
You people are very arrogant, he go soon clear for una eye.

I know you people are hoping on rigging the election, that's where you will have it hot with already wounded and desperate Nigerians ! undecided

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Omoslim26: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
Viscuz:
Christians wants to teach Tinubu that Jollof rice is better than fried yam

He will be sent back to Lagos State with his Action Congress grin

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Viscuz: 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
Omoslim26:

He will be sent back to Lagos State with his Action Congress grin

He will be holding his leaking yansh while running grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Penguin2: 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.

Accept that Tinubu miscalculated.

I’m sure his calculation, and that of his urchins, was that Nigerians will only make noise about the Muslim-Muslim ticket for few days and everyone will move on and forget about it but nah!

We will continue to fire him until 5am on Election Day

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Vexedu: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
E don happen

8 Likes

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by olatade(m): 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
When Tinubu goes to Mosque, he's worshiping God but when Peter Obi goes to Church, he's playing politics with religion.

Something is truly wrong with some peoples brand of politics?

Unfortunately APC has set in motion a precedence that has insulted the the democratic & religious sensitivity of Nigerians all in a DESPERATE move to remain in Power.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Lovenorth: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
I prefer Southern Christians to Northern Christians. Tinubu has already won the election even before the commencement of the election. Mark my words if the Christians continue to behave like this, then they would be so much disappointed after the announcement of the presidential election result 2023 in Nigeria. I advise them to desist from partisan politics. You can't put all your eggs in one basket

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Eriokanmi: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
Tinubu should have remained his kingmaker instead of ridiculing himself. He who struggles for power doesn't get it. People should check globally from the beginning of the world and tell me if its a lie.

Virtually all those who became kings and presidents of their communities,towns, regions and countries didn't struggle for it. Those who eventually got it had given up and never believed it could be their turn when they took leadership mantle to meet them at home. Mandela easily comes to mind. Buhari too. At least, we are still alive to know about their struggles for power and long walk to freedom. They got it at the time they less believed it could come.

So, jagaban should rest. He's 86 years of age but still claiming 70 cos of desperation for power. He should remember it's only Almighty Allah who gives power to whoever he wishes, irrespective of religon cos no religoin in Jannat. Fashola who even performed much better than him as our governor in lagos was there, he didn't support or present him. Osinbajo dey there, he no give am chance. Maybe he'd know the supreme power of God this time.

Let's give Obi a chance for a better Nigeria. The era of bigotry of sort is gone. We are all Nigerians before any ethnicity or religion

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by staadiaam: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
We say no to Tinubu

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by sotall(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
grin

Action Congress loading grin

15 Likes

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Arysexy(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Tinubu's religious bigotry is unmatched. Forget his cover up with fake pastor wife.

He has been nursing the Muslim Muslim ticket idea as revealed by Atiku

You can't tell me that Boss Mustafa, lalong, Dogara etc are not Northern enough to give him votes. He wants to cause religious division bc of his selfish ambition.

Nigeria is bigger than you Drugnibu

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by MuslimIgbo: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Okay.
OSU amaka
IPOB ajoka

197 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by MuslimIgbo: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Headache for
OBItuaries

198 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by habat9: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Supporting Tinubu is the most difficult thing to do. You have to defend his age, health status, certificates, drug business, state of origin, Muslim-Muslim ticket and not forgetting his fake ordained bishops.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Thanos5555: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
cheesy

i get to believe that US REPORT NOW.

i dont see any candidate winning 2023, without a Rerun Election.

tinubu wont get 25% in southeast
atiku would get all 25% but may lose in numbe
obi could get number but lose 25% in NE

2 Likes

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Boyyees: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Pounds @ N755
Dollar @ N710
Petrol @ N180
Kerosene @ N850
Diesel @ N900
Interest Rate @ 14%
Inflation Rate @ 18.6
ASUU Strike - 156 Days

IF THIS DOESN'T GET YOU INTO A SERIOUS RETROSPECT, THEN NOTHING WILL.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Igbo Women Pushing Bus That Stuck In The Mud On Their Way To Okorocha Rally / Essien Excel, Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists (Photos) / MACBAN: No More Night Grazing, Underaged Grazing In South-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.