Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... (5445 Views)

Types Of Wives At Ileya Family Gathering / Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray / Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
Khaleell001:

They need our care and protection from ravening wolves like you kinda.

Coming from the people with most women abuses and child marriages

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Khaleell001(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2019
Eartquake1:

Coming from the people with most women abuses and child marriages
Do you have the numbers? And even if you do, who told you abuses come from Muslims the most?
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Khaleell001(m): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sterope:
It doesnt need to have basis in anything. Sometimes, it is a bit of common sense and humility that most of you lack when it comes to religion.

There is nothing about Quranic recitation on behalf of the dead that is scary. Recitation of the Quran is encouraged. Praying for the dead is good. Why should coming together to pray for a loved one be frowned upon? What specific part of it is against the spirit of Islam or any of the negative characters Islam frowns upon? Is it mandatory?

Like I said, stop trying to sound clever.
Islam is quite clear on how we bury our dead.

The question you should ask is, did people die during the prophet's time?
if so, how. were the dead taken care of?
Was it done by gathering to recite the Qur'ān?
if so, how was the recitation done?

For example, I can't claim performing salaah is good, and start praying 4 units in the dawn prayer because I feel. it is common sense and I feel is good.

The point here is, every act of worship that is specific for certain ocassion has to have an asl (foundation) in the Qur'an and sunnah.

You don't perform an act of worship in Islām except you have been preceeded by the practice of the prophet.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Sterope(f): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
You are very confused. No one has ever claimed that reciting of the Qur'an nor feeding of guests is an act of worship. It is what they choose to do and it falls in line with praying for the dead and an act of hospitality.

You should try and eat the humble pie instead of trying too hard to sound knowledgeable because you manage to finish a couple of classes or read some books?

Khaleell001:

Like I said, stop trying to sound clever.
Islam is quite clear on how we bury our dead.

The question you should ask is, did people die during the prophet's time?
if so, how. were the dead taken care of?
Was it done by gathering to recite the Qur'ān?
if so, how was the recitation done?

For example, I can't claim performing salaah is good, and start praying 4 units in the dawn prayer because I feel. it is common sense and I feel is good.

The point here is, every act of worship that is specific for certain ocassion has to have an asl (foundation) in the Qur'an and sunnah.

You don't perform an act of worship in Islām except you have been preceeded by the practice of the prophet.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sterope:
You didn't provide evidence that shows Quran recitation is wrong.

When you did your copy and paste, you forgot to also include the below. I don't often agree with them

Evidence comes before any act of worship in Islam or else we can recite Qur'an in the toilet and then say there is no evidence that forbids that. Giving someone food for hospitality is different from giving food for mourning. In Nigeria, what we do is organise parties and celebrate the dead
So the context of what you attached is not applicable.

Giving food for hospitality is a good deed anytime.

Cooking food to celebrate the dead as is customary is many parts of Nigeria is forbidden.

Allah knows best.
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sterope:
Show us evidence in the Qur'an that shows otherwise.

Is there any evidence not to Pray Friday prayer in the night? Of cos there is no evidence. But the law stipulates the time for it.
Reciting the Qur'an is an act of worship that needs evidence for it to be accepted.

You are the one to bring the evidence permitting it at such gathering.
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Sterope(f): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
I am not talking about organising a party or celebrating the dead.The context is different. It is about feeding those who have come to visit.

FYI, I understand your position quite well. I don't agree it is innovation because it doesn't relate to an act of worship. The issue for me is that silly people may decide to pressurise others to act likewise and that should be on them, not Islam.

Rashduct4luv:

Evidence comes before any act of worship in Islam or else we can recite Qur'an in the toilet and then say there is no evidence that forbids that. Giving someone food for hospitality is different from giving food for mourning. In Nigeria, what we do is organise parties and celebrate the dead
So the context of what you attached is not applicable.

Giving food for hospitality is a good deed anytime.

Cooking food to celebrate the dead as is customary is many parts of Nigeria is forbidden.

Allah knows best.
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sterope:
I am not talking about organising a party or celebrating the dead.The context is different. It is about feeding those who have come to visit.

FYI, I understand your position quite well. I don't agree it is innovation because it doesn't relate to an act of worship. The issue for me is that silly people may decide to pressurise others to act likewise and that should be on them, not Islam.

Feeding those who have come to visit negates the clear evidence quoted in the OP.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade that. Jareer ibn ‘Abdullah said: We used to regard gathering with the family of the deceased and making food after the burial as coming under the same heading as wailing.. Narrated by Ahmad, 6866; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Talkhees Ahkaam al-Janaa’iz.
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Khaleell001(m): 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sterope:
You are very confused. No one has ever claimed that reciting of the Qur'an nor feeding of guests is an act of worship. It is what they choose to do and it falls in line with praying for the dead and an act of hospitality.

You should try and eat the humble pie instead of trying too hard to sound knowledgeable because you manage to finish a couple of classes or read some books?

I have explained myself ma'am.

it's now left to you to follow what is clear.
Salaamun alaykum.
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Ayzeebaba(m): 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
[b][/b][b][/b]Alhamdulillah alla kulli a'al!

What I learnt from scholars is that "It is better for neighbours and relatives to make food in their own houses then bring it to the household (of the deceased), because it was narrated that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard that his cousin Ja’far ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) had died in the Battle of Mu’tah, he told his family to make food for the family of Ja’far, and said, “Because there has come to them that which will preoccupy them.”

But it is not permitted for the family to make food for people just for the sake of the deceased. This is one of the actions of the Jaahiliyyah(May Allah safeguard US from this), whether it is done on the day of the death, or on the fourth or tenth day after the death, or at the new year. All of that is not permitted, because it was narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Bajali (may Allaah be pleased with him) – one of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – said, “We used to count gathering with the family of the deceased and making food for them after the burial to be a kind of wailing (niyaahah).”
But if guests come to the family of the deceased during the mourning period, there is nothing wrong with them making food for them for the sake of hospitality, and there is nothing wrong with the household inviting whoever they want of their neighbours and relatives to eat with them from the food that has been given to them. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
Source: Majmoo’ Fataawa Wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah Li Samaahat Al-Shaykh Al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd Al-‘Azeez Ibn ‘Abd-Allaah Ibn Baaz (May Allaah Have Mercy On Him), Vol. 9, P. 325[b]Alhamdulillah alla kulli a'al!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:20am On Nov 30, 2019
Ayzeebaba:
[b][/b][b][/b]Alhamdulillah alla kulli a'al!

What I learnt from scholars is that "It is better for neighbours and relatives to make food in their own houses then bring it to the household (of the deceased), because it was narrated that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard that his cousin Ja’far ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) had died in the Battle of Mu’tah, he told his family to make food for the family of Ja’far, and said, “Because there has come to them that which will preoccupy them.”

But it is not permitted for the family to make food for people just for the sake of the deceased. This is one of the actions of the Jaahiliyyah(May Allah safeguard US from this), whether it is done on the day of the death, or on the fourth or tenth day after the death, or at the new year. All of that is not permitted, because it was narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Bajali (may Allaah be pleased with him) – one of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – said, “We used to count gathering with the family of the deceased and making food for them after the burial to be a kind of wailing (niyaahah).”
But if guests come to the family of the deceased during the mourning period, there is nothing wrong with them making food for them for the sake of hospitality, and there is nothing wrong with the household inviting whoever they want of their neighbours and relatives to eat with them from the food that has been given to them. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
Source: Majmoo’ Fataawa Wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah Li Samaahat Al-Shaykh Al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd Al-‘Azeez Ibn ‘Abd-Allaah Ibn Baaz (May Allaah Have Mercy On Him), Vol. 9, P. 325[b]Alhamdulillah alla kulli a'al!

Na'am, Making food for hospitality to one's guest is different from gathering to eat because someone died. What is customary to us here is that people gather to come and eat and celebrate.

Gathering to come and eat after someone's death is forbidden.

Hospitality to guests is allowed anytime.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Caseless: 10:06am On Nov 30, 2019
kutashi:

Before entering the toilet

[بِسْمِ اللهِ] اَللَّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْخُبْثِ وَالْخَبَائِثِ.

[In the name of Allaah]. O Allaah, I take refuge with you from all evil and evil-doers.

After leaving the toilet

غُفْرَانَكَ.

I ask You [Allaah] for forgiveness.

And you enter toilet with your left leg and come out with your right leg. Hope this helps you! I know you will be wandering that there is response actually to your statement. Well that's Islam '4u'! The most stupid human with an idiot statement will be meet with responsible response! That's Islam 4u again! I sincerely invite you to religion of peace where all your aspect of you can think of is guided by Allah!
brilliant!
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by deeyor(f): 5:34am On Dec 01, 2019
Newnas:

A woman doesn't know the exact time her period will show up. Even if you know the date, some other factors can cause it to show up either earlier or later.
Did I?

As far as I know, a woman knows when are period is near. Is there anything that prevents her from using pads during the period of expectation?

And moreover, isn't it embarrassing for her to get such stain in public? If it were a young teenager, perhaps it would be understood but a full grown adult is expected to be more cautious.

I don't know if you get my point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by deeyor(f): 5:40am On Dec 01, 2019
A woman doesn't know the exact time her period will show up. It can come earlier or later. So it can start in the masjid or anywhere. Please stop talking about what you have never experienced.
Newnas:

Did I?

As far as I know, a woman knows when are period is near. Is there anything that prevents her from using pads during the period of expectation?

And moreover, isn't it embarrassing for her to get such stain in public? If it were a young teenager, perhaps it would be understood but a full grown adult is expected to be more cautious.

I don't know if you get my point.
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Newnas(m): 11:24am On Dec 01, 2019
deeyor:
A woman doesn't know the exact time her period will show up. It can come earlier or later. So it can start in the masjid or anywhere. Please stop talking about what you have never experienced.

In such case, it's better for her to avoid the mosque. Since congregational prayer isn't obligatory on her. Rather, her prayer in her house or shop is better than her prayer in the mosque.

The women during the time of the messenger (commendations and peace of Allaah be upon him) used observe itikaaf in the mosque, yet they knew how to tidy and clean themselves without staining the mosque. In fact some of them had the sickness of incessant flow, yet they knew how to tidy up.

I'm not saying it's right to chase people out of the mosque because of such matter. What I'm saying is that, such portrays a level of carelessness.
Re: Ruling On Gathering To Eat, Offer Condolences And Recite Qur’aan Together... by Sterope(f): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2021
People have accents and it will show in most people. I have seen at least two scenarios these 'corrections' have reduced confidence and the motivation to memorise the Qur'an.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam Enjoins Thinking Well Of Others / Baby With Allah On Its Forehead...God Is Great! / Greediness And Its Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.