Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray (12681 Views)

Reading Qur’aan With An Accent In Which Some Letters Such As Tha’ Are Altered / Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? / Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Lukgaf(m): 11:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
I used to read Qur’aan every day but I did not pray. I heard some people say that it is haraam for a person who does not pray to read Qur’aan, so I stopped reading Qur’aan. Is this right? Please advise us, may Allaah reward you with good.

Praise be to Allah.

Prayer is the greatest pillar of Islam after the Shahaadatayn. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Between a person and kufr and shirk stands the abandonment of prayer.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2766. Classed as saheeh by Ibn Maajah, 1078,and by al-Albaani).

Salaah is so called because it is a connection (silah) between a person and his Lord. Whoever does not pray, his zakaah, fasting, Hajj, jihaad, enjoining of what is good, forbidding of what is evil, reading of Qur’aan and upholding of family ties will not be accepted. Indeed, all his good deeds will be rejected if he does not pray.

The scholars, including Imaam Ahmad, said that whoever does not pray should be executed as a kaafir, and his body should not be washed or shrouded, the funeral prayer should not be offered over him, he should not be buried in the Muslims’ graveyard and his Muslim heirs cannot inherit from him.

It is not permissible for you to abandon prayer, because you never know when death will catch you unawares.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said at the end of his life, during his final sickness:

“(Adhere to) prayer, (adhere to) prayer and (take care of) those whom your right hands possess (i.e., slaves).”

(Narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 3/117; Ibn Maajah, 2697; Ibn Hibbaan, 1220. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Irwaa’, no.2178).

Prayer is the pillar of Islam. Imaam Ahmad said: Your share of Islam is according to your share of prayer. What we want for you is for you to pray regularly, doing the prayers on time with the Muslims in their mosques. It is haraam for you to abandon prayer, for abandoning it is kufr. This issue has been discussed in great detail by the scholars in their books. And it was said that (the one who abandons prayer) is to be executed as a punishment, as is well known. And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/categories/very-important/24/answers/10094/ruling-on-one-who-reads-quraan-but-does-not-pray

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by AntiChristian: 9:01am On Sep 03, 2021
May Allah make Salah easy for us at its prescribed time.

Stop combining Salah together without any valid excuse!

Know Salah Know Islam

No Salah No Islam.

First deed to be judged is prayer
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The first action for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, he will have prospered and succeeded. If they are lacking, he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, then the Almighty Lord will say: See if My servant has any voluntary prayers that can complete what is insufficient in his obligatory prayers. The rest of his deeds will be judged the same way.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 413

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani
https://www.abuaminaelias.com/dailyhadithonline/2012/07/11/first-deed-salat/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by midolian(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Dozie32(m): 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
Una dey mad

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Jolomenas: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dozie32:
Una dey mad
What are you doing on this thread?

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by mrZENographer: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2021
Why does miracles of healing happen in Christianity but it doesn't happen in Islam?

In my Church, The Lord's Chosen God heals all incurable sicknesses and diseases.

10 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by jimmyolasun: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
mrZENographer:
Why does miracles of healing happen in Christianity but it doesn't happen in Islam?

In my Church, The Lord's Chosen God heal all incurable sickness and diseases.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by TheChameleon: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dozie32:
Una dey mad

You're the one with a mental problem.

You didnt have to post here if you didn't agree with anything.

8 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
What's the ruling on underaged kids?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Idamond: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
wetin concern me concern Talibans and boko

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by true2god: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Lovenorth: 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2021
mrZENographer:

MashaAllah may Almighty Allah reward you
Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Idamond: 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2021
mrZENographer:

things of the spirit you don't believed in doesn't happen, the Muslim don't believe in healing that's why they don't get healed.

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by adebenson155: 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2021
Religion of Bomb

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2021
Why must Islam be full of execution. Why would you execute a man because he didn't pray? Is the prayer for you? How does it concern you if another does not pray?

The scholars, including Imaam Ahmad, said that whoever does not pray should be executed as a kaafir, and his body should not be washed or shrouded, the funeral prayer should not be offered over him, he should not be buried in the Muslims’ graveyard and his Muslim heirs cannot inherit from him.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Hassanmaye(m): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dozie32:
Una dey mad
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:
What's the ruling on underaged kids?

Marry them and bleep them because Mohammed did that too. So be like Mohammed

7 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by mrZENographer: 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sheikh: Three persons in one God is not feasible.

Pastor: So you as a human-being are not feasible?? The Body, Soul and Spirit are one. wink

Baby:. Baahaha grin Dad wins again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Idamond: 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

Marry them and bleep them because Mohammed did that too. So be like Mohammed

grin

1 Like

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Idamond: 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hassanmaye:
Ok, we have One mad pastor that Said fornication is not a sin
still haven't seen fornication in his post

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by mrZENographer: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
Idamond:

things of the spirit you don't believed in doesn't happen, the Muslim don't believe in healing that's why they don't get healed.

A religion with no spiritual power....that does everything by physical strength and force.

God is a God of miracles, signs and wonders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by NLorubebe(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Ok, we have One mad pastor that Said fornication is not a sin
You're a fool. Where in the post did he mention fornication? or you have comprehension problem?

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by NLorubebe(m): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
Comedian2019:

No wonder islam is a "peaceful" religion.
Any religion that kills is evil.
Zombies, quote me if you are also evil.

religion of piss for peasants

1 Like

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Idamond: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
mrZENographer:

A religion with no spiritual power....that does everything by physical strength and force.

God is a God of miracles, signs and wonders.
that's why they kill and fight for Allah and Muhammad

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by Hassanmaye(m): 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
NLorubebe:
You're a fool. Where in the post did he mention fornication? or you have comprehension problem?
Are you not active on social media it was posted on Nairaland forum to the world, so it's painful to come and attack Muslims on Muslim thread. I'm referring to the post here daft
Re: Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray by NLorubebe(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Are you not active on social media it was posted on Nairaland forum to the world, so it's painful to come and attack Muslims on Muslim thread. I'm referring to the post here daft
even if he did justify fornication, he speaks for himself. A Christian with half head will consult the bible or holy spirit for clarification on things they aren't clear on. What does the bible say about fornication? Tchh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Permissible Excuses For Breaking The Fast / Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr / NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.