Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? (2351 Views)

Nigerians, Let Us Stop Being Hypocritical....the Country Is Crumbling / Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard / Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Obiagu1(m): 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2010
excanny:

The outcome of the referendum in Sudan will set the tone for many seperatist groups in Africa.

The way to achieve self-determination for any discordant group is going to the international courts.

I look forward to that referendum.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by kettykin: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2010
The ibos might or might not starve depending on how they use their brains , isreal with its little land mass is not starving bcause of high tech agriculture , but I rather suggest ibos to move their citizens out of hostile and death prone zones of the north rather seccede.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by abadaba(m): 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2010
kettykin:

The IGBOS might or might not starve depending on how they use their brains , isreal with its little land mass is not starving bcause of high tech agriculture , but I rather suggest IGBOS to move their citizens out of hostile and death prone zones of the north rather seccede.
embarassed
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by kettykin: 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2010
The staple in the east is rice and cassava , the only stuff ibos import from the north is meat (cows) , onions, tomatoes, and few yams from benue, of all these it is only onions that cannot grow in the east.
With a massive agriculture investments the east can produce diary and meat also yam can serve as animal fodder as well as food.

The north seems to be walking on borrowed legs, the real owner (Niger Delta) of the legs might be asking for his legs soon.

If nigeria breaks today the south west will go into extinction , that is why they will back stab, betray, backbite , and bastardize to keep Nigeria 1, the only meaningful thing in south west is lagos.
The engine of Lagos is commerce , import and export . The engine of commerce is 70% ibo driven.
As for the multinationals , most ar dead or dying companies except for nestle plc.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Eziachi: 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

lose your investments in d north and come out hungry either way you are not leaving nigeria

we are like a marriage north and east we have always believed in one Nigeria.

Coconut head, thinking of how you will inherit someone else effort and sweat.
Typical Nigerian, You don't want a one Nigeria based on willing but the one based on fear? Fear of one losing his investment.
It is man that built up an investment and not an investment that built a man. As long as there is life, there will be avenue for future investment, btter than what you are ogling to inherit by default.
No Igbo man will choose freedom, liberation over bricks and mortar that can collapse, gulp in fire tomorrow and disappear.
This your mirage marriage between north and east is all from your traunce state, when you do wake up, you will find that there are no marraige between the children of Amadioha and Usman Dan Fodio and never will be.
Go and find your marriage mates in Niger, Chad or even Mauritania.

If and when Nigerians see sense and go their separate ways, I am sure all the emerging nations and possible new willing groupings will be better off than the present basket case called Nigeria today, built for the benefit of few individuals.
Remember that Nigeria has a begining, so before it began, what were everybody doing? What were everyone eating? So they will all go back to what they were before the British committed the greatest colonial crime and worst legacy of the British empire (Creation of Nigeria)
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by jason12345: 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2010
kettykin:

The staple in the east is rice and cassava , the only stuff ibos import from the north is meat (cows) , onions, tomatoes, and few yams from benue, of all these it is only onions that cannot grow in the east.
With a massive agriculture investments the east can produce diary and meat also yam can serve as animal fodder as well as food.

The north seems to be walking on borrowed legs, the real owner (Niger Delta) of the legs might be asking for his legs soon.

I[b]f nigeria breaks today the south west will go into extinction[/b] , that is why they will back stab, betray, backbite , and bastardize to keep Nigeria 1, the only meaningful thing in south west is lagos.
The engine of Lagos is commerce , import and export . The engine of commerce is 70% ibo driven.
As for the multinationals , most ar dead or dying companies except for nestle plc.

you are very funny! how do you know that? WE SHALL SEE! you need to stop underestimating people so you would not regret it
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Eziachi: 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
Mai Suya:

All this advocating break-up. . .I pity una  cry

Pity indeed! Whenever a man is afraid of his own independent, there is something seriously wrong with him. If the word breakup is your problem, why not use divorce in future.
Since you are in a pity train, please,tell us how pitiful were your ancestors where then, before the British created Nigeria? Mr Pity!
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2010
kettykin:

The ibos might or might not starve depending on how they use their brains , isreal with its little land mass is not starving bcause of high tech agriculture , but I rather suggest ibos to move their citizens out of hostile and death prone zones of the north rather seccede.

I would rather call for secession than being exiled in some zones or often hacked to death in our "one" Nigeria.

Just my thoughts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Govt And Our Country Nigeria - 1999 Till Date / Gbenga Daniel Welcomes Buhari / Jonathan Names Acting President Of Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.