Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. (34180 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Yankee101: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2019
Best way to go into big business is take a loan.

Even if you have all the money in the world

You raise suspicion when you start buying planes with cash
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Yankee101: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2019
Best way to go into big business is take a loan.

Even if you have all the money in the world

You raise suspicion when you start buying planes with cash.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2019
abbey621:

You're the one making sh*t up, I suggest you stop reading conspiracy theories. You obviously don't understand people cannot be jailed for being bad at their jobs but terrorism, money laundering? If you have proof I can direct you to where you can be a whistleblower and get paid huge amount of money for your information. You're ranting about Milken but I thought you said Billionaires don't go to jail? He was sentenced to10 years but reduced because he ratted on some of his colleagues. You also failed to acknowledge that he paid close to a billion in fines.

See you can't eat your cake and have it, your research is flawed and I've given you many instances where normal white billionares were sentenced to jail for money laundering, fraud, etc. Your racial bait premise is dead on arrival.....NEXT!

I'm making shit up? Perhaps this might help you

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/may/20/wall-street-role-financial-crisis

Sadly you are the uninformed one here. Educate yourself brother. And listen to some Malcom X too.

I know people like you that have been brainwashed into believing and parroting 'racism is dead', trying so hard to please the white man for his acceptance. Liberate your mind

Here is a well researched paper about 'the demonization and criminalization of unarmed Black male victims in America' for you. Perhaps you will realise you are the one in denial here about the skewed justice system. One or 2 major convictions of white billionaires do NOT change that!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5004736/
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by degamemaster(m): 12:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hakintoyey:

Are you sure because this is getting out of hands.
My take is been a national hero shouldn't shield you from prosecution if you tresspass the law.

Lers watch and see. Your take is right but time will reveal all. But most of us have this feelings that though, the hand is of "Esau but the voice is of Jacob"...
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Deepfreezer(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
Maybe after this, Mr Onyema will withdraw doing business with US and Canada. African business men should learn from this. Buy ur equipment from anywhere in the world but US and Canada
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by EagleSquare1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
You make sense here. My position has always been that if he knows he is guilty he should shelve any grandstand and quickly strike a deal. In fact, rather than sue the US authorities as some of his supporters are advocating, he should immediately sue for PEACE.

Deals can include some forfeiture, payment of fine, and even a suspended sentence, if it’s available in that jurisdiction. It won’t be even too much to do some short time in the cooler if he pleads guilty and pleads for leniency. There’s still life ahead for him.

Sirjamo:
This case is taking a multi national dimension, he should just send his attorneys to go cut a deal on his behalf before it's too late. I do not want to see a situation where the EFCC would be forced to lay siege on his house to arrest him, that could further polarize our country.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by johnmattew: 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2019
Guyman02:

US has been trying to stop the expansion of 5G, that's why they have been hounding Huawei. The Chinese are ahead of US Tech companies on 5G
true..but china banned Facebook,Google,Amazon and Wikipedia cos of social media and security and u think American govt shouldn't do same?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by johnmattew: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
Olominira:

Bla Bla Bla...FBI
Huawei is a security threat, that was US allegation as at May, today they're planning lifting the ban, why
It's no more a threat when some of their companies are feeling the heat
Huawei is a threat to maerican security ...same way Chinese government believed google, Facebook and Amazon wee threat to chinese

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by OzziOhinoyi(m): 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2019
mployer:
This deal was done during dollar scarcity era.

They use government influence to buy dollar from CBN at N250 in the name of aircraft purchase. But somehow the dollar returns back to Nigeria black market and is sold for 500.

Some guys here on NL paid tuition fees to fake universities abroad and had the dollar returned to them.

Onyema is not the only person involved in this deal. But unfortunately his company was used for it.

The above you cited that these peeps were doing is called round-tripping in Finance.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Junior66(m): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
JimD:
When you know you have even a small skeleton in your cupboard... Avoid the media like HIV... Live on the low key because nobody gives a hoot.

If this man hadn't been famous for his South African rescue operation, he wouldn't be in this mess.

I think he will come out of it sha but not unscathed. I hope Naija government can have his back now as he had theirs.

He has been under investigation for close to 10 years, how does that relate to his repatriation of Nigerians only a few months ago?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by salford1: 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2019
Deepfreezer:
Maybe after this, Mr Onyema will withdraw doing business with US and Canada. African business men should learn from this. Buy ur equipment from anywhere in the world but US and Canada
This is not limited to US or Canada but also all other countries in the developed world with the exception of maybe Russia.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by dammiecool(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2019
executive12:
To save his airline business, he should resign from his position as the company's CEO, travel to the US and turn himself in to the authorities for trial. If he does this, he should get bail while the trial goes on. Even if he is convicted, Air Peace will survive.
But if he waits to be extradited, then no bail until end of trial. And Air Peace will not be able to do business in the US, Canada and probably West Europe.
He should get himself a good Jewish Attorney. He may come out of this.
I remember way back, when the business man IKB (from Awka Etiti) was arrested for money laundering in Boston because they found $500,000 cash on him. I believe he was eventually acquitted.
The nature of our society causes us to transact most of our businesses in cash. This is frowned upon by the developed world. It gets our business men and women in trouble with the Western legal system.
In the US, if you pay for a transaction with as little as $500, you are automatically suspected of being a criminal.
See person wey get sense.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Legendguru: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2019
Again
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by zone51: 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
Saturn afflictions arising. The universe will see you through.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by abbey621(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
jayfolarin:

I'm making shit up? Perhaps this might help you

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/may/20/wall-street-role-financial-crisis

Sadly you are the uninformed one here. Educate yourself brother. And listen to some Malcom X too.

I know people like you that have been brainwashed into believing and parroting 'racism is dead', trying so hard to please the white man for his acceptance. Liberate your mind

Here is a well researched paper about 'the demonization and criminalization of unarmed Black male victims in America' for you. Perhaps you will realise you are the one in denial here about the skewed justice system. One or 2 major convictions of white billionaires do NOT change that!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5004736/

LMAO....Racism isn't dead, it is well and alive. It exists not only with the white folks but among blackas and Mexicans as well. The biggest discrimination I've faced in the USA was not by a white person but my fellow blacks who thought because my name and accent sounds funny I wouldn't be a good fit for a management position. You can read all the crap you want but at the end up the day you are as you think! If you belive the world is out to get you and whites are out to kill blacks then that's what you'll see but if you belive you make your own luck in America then my brother the sky is only the beginning. From $20k per year to over $180k with multiple properties if this is not the American dream then I don't know what is, so screw your liberation mentality predicated on barking with no bite, America is racist so why the f*ck are you still here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
abbey621:

LMAO....Racism isn't dead, it is well and alive. It exists not only with the white folks but among blackas and Mexicans as well. The biggest discrimination I've faced in the USA was not by a white person but my fellow blacks who thought because my name and accent sounds funny I wouldn't be a good fit for a management position. You can read all the crap you want but at the end up the day you are as you think! If you belive the world is out to get you and whites are out to kill blacks then that's what you'll see but if you belive you make your own luck in America then my brother the sky is only the beginning. From $20k per year to over $180k with multiple properties if this is not the American dream then I don't know what is, so screw your liberation mentality predicated on barking with no bite, America is racist so why the f*ck are you still here?

Diving off the deep end here bruh. There is no saving anyone this conditioned for sure. For someone that wants to believe no one is out to get them, you sure sound like you have loads of hate bottled up.

Adios brother. Someday the truth will set you free.

Ps: the black man is NOT your enemy
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by bluecircle470: 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2019
degamemaster:

No, you have to read again. It was actually the transaction that have been on since 2010 nd not investigation. Stop trying to twist the issue just like how you people twisted NNAMDI KANU's allegation on buhari's impostor to "clone". Thus one will not sell like before.

Go and get your facts right mr.
Investigations was on for 8 years——-2010-2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by abbey621(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
jayfolarin:

Diving off the deep end here bruh. There is no saving anyone this conditioned for sure. For someone that wants to believe no one is out to get them, you sure sound like you have loads of hate bottled up.

Adios brother. Someday the truth will set you free.

Ps: the black man is NOT your enemy

No hate bro, just telling it like it is, I've grown so much in this country to let someone tell me I'll never reach where I'm destined to be because the country is full of racist.....LMAO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Akolawole(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
eagleu:

The whole silly oil orchestration now makes sense!

That's why Tinubu stooge, Mr. Igbokwe said Air Peace refused to board him last week!!

So Tinubu can be that powerful to influence court in United state?

Waoh!

Maybe Tinubu wanted to float local airline to compete with Air Peace!

We really have problem in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Deepfreezer(m): 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
salford1:

This is not limited to US or Canada but also all other countries in the developed world with the exception of maybe Russia.
i concur.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by madjune(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
I don't get it.

This was a man who came out and helped Nigerians return home from the savage South Africans.

Now, some group of people or persons are out to bring him down.
This is why most rich men refuse to come out and do good deeds freely.

Shame.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by tiger28: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
Canada and America are jealous because WE ARE IGBO! Shameless PIGS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by VanEFCC: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
SonofDevil:
Air peace boss Onyema wanted in Canada for alleged multimillion dollar fraud in U.S.

November 23, 2019Samuel Ogundipe
Air Peace Airlines, Allen Onyema
Air Peace Airlines, Allen Onyema [PHOTO CREDIT: BBC]

Canadian authorities have commenced efforts Koinonia to execute a corresponding arrest warrant issued for a Nigerian businessman accused of fraud in the United States.
Allen Onyema, chairman of Air Peace Limited in Nigeria, is facing multiple charges of money laundering and bank fraud in excess of $20 million. A United States grand jury recently indicted Mr Onyema and Ejiroghene Eghagha, Air Peace’s head of finance and administration.
Both suspects denied the allegations in a statement Saturday and indicated their determination to fight the charges in court.
Although Messrs Onyema and Eghagha are currently believed to be in Nigeria, judges in the U.S. have been issuing warrants for their arrest, according to court filings seen by PREMIUM TIMES.
On September 5, Russell Vineyard, a magistrate at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, issued a corresponding warrant of arrest for Messrs Onyema and Eghagha in Canada.
American prosecutors had sought the warrant to enable Canadian law enforcement authorities take the suspects into custody if sighted in their jurisdiction.
As part of a longstanding tradition on cross-border crimes, American authorities have briefed their Canadian counterparts about their case against the two Nigerians, documents said.
Similarly, on November 19, Justin Anand, a magistrate at the same district, issued a separate warrant against Messrs Onyema and Eghagha for their arrest in the United States, especially by the U.S. Marshals Service.
Although the major aspects of the alleged fraud were committed in the U.S., some of the bank accounts used in some of the suspicious transactions were domiciled in Canada.
The U.S. and Nigeria have an extradition agreement.
Several Nigerians have been extradited to the U.S. to face criminal charges, but no high-profile citizen of Mr Onyema’s standing has ever been handed over.
Buruji Kashamu, a Nigerian politician, has spent decades fighting his extradition to the U.S. on drugs charges, using Nigerian courts to frustrate the process. He was elected into the Nigerian Senate in 2015 and served a full four-year term despite several outstanding court warrants, including appellate court rulings in Nigeria and in America, for his extradition.
It was unclear whether American authorities have filed extradition requests for Apostle Joshua Selman Messrs Onyema and Eghagha based on the court warrants. A spokesperson for the Nigerian attorney-general’s office did not immediately return requests for comments Saturday afternoon.
American prosecutors said the two connived to launder funds and defraud American banks with falsified letters of credit for aircraft and equipment purchases.
The indictment leveled serious charges of money laundering and foreign exchange fraud against the individuals.
Already, several companies which the U.S. authorities alleged Mr Onyema set up to carry out fraudulent transactions between Nigerian and American banks have had their bank accounts frozen.
At least $14.2 million (N5 billion) had been confiscated in three bank accounts run by Mr Onyema’s companies in the U.S. and Canada. A final forfeiture of the funds is being pursued as part of the charges against the airline executives.
Mr Onyema did not return PREMIUM TIMES’ calls and text messages seeking his comments about the arrest warrants and funds seizures.
In an earlier statement Saturday, Mr Onyema denied the charges and said he was ready to defend his “innocence”.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/364889-air-peace-boss-onyema-wanted-in-canada-for-alleged-multimillion-dollar-fraud-in-u-s.html
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Beedude(m): 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
degamemaster:

On trying to attack me, you just exposed your limited knowledge. What makes you think that a business of that magnitude, paid through CBN with a verifiable partner will be fraud? Think before you talk. I live in abroad and I know how these whites sees Africans.
That u paid through CBN doesn't mean u can't commit fraud. CBN can't monitor how the money was distributed in the USA. I don't wanna believe he committed fraud. But people like u who believe everything is about brining someone down sound dumb. If he is clean, he should be able to make money with this claim and further boost his image.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Beedude(m): 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
degamemaster:

On trying to attack me, you just exposed your limited knowledge. What makes you think that a business of that magnitude, paid through CBN with a verifiable partner will be fraud? Think before you talk. I live in abroad and I know how these whites sees Africans.
Someone who doesn't have any trace of wealth or business till 2013 and boom bought aircraft. Even blood money can't give you that. The transaction is getting clearer day by day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate / FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff / Court Awards ₦200 Million To Yobe Girl Electrocuted By MTN Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.