Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

How To Know When And How You Will Die As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know When And How You Will Die As A Christian (191 Views)

Two Die As Church Building Collapses During Service In Taraba (photos) / Bishop Oyedepo: 'Many Politicians Will Die Before 2019' / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Know When And How You Will Die As A Christian by TundeKorede: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2019
Many people have described death as an intruder. They believe that it is impossible for one to know when one will die. Thus, they are powerless over it as they have been griped by its fear.

Nevertheless, it is imperative for me to remind you that believers don’t die. But believers sleep in the Lord. What unbelievers refer to as death is what is known in Christendom as “Transition to Glory.”

When Apostle Paul talked about those who have died, he said as I quote;

1 Thessalonians 4:13
[13]But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which ARE ASLEEP, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

So, he referred to them as those who were asleep. The reason is that, we shall reign with our Lord Jesus in heaven. Bear in mind that I may use these words interchangeably in this article.

Four Things That Reduce Your Age

The pertinent question to ask now is; Can God tell you how and when you will die? Several times, I have been asked this question. And I am writing this article to answer this question.

Now, let’s consider the examples in the scriptures. There are some men who were aware when they were about to go home to be with the Lord.

Let’s see;

• Aaron
Numbers 20:23-26
[23]And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in mount Hor, by the coast of the land of Edom, saying,
[24]Aaron shall be gathered unto his people: for he shall not enter into the land which I have given unto the children of Israel, because ye rebelled against my word at the water of Meribah.
[25]Take Aaron and Eleazar his son, and bring them up unto mount Hor:
[26]And strip Aaron of his garments, and put them upon Eleazar his son: and AARON SHALL BE GATHERED UNTO HIS PEOPLE, AND SHALL DIE THERE.

Here, God spoke to Moses as regards where Aaron, his brother, would die. He told Aaron who would die at Mount Hor. And it came to pass as God said unto Moses.

As we saw it in the above Scriptures, God can tell someone of the imminence of his death. It all depends on our closeness to Him.

Powerful: Four Things That Will Prolong Your Years On Earth

• Moses
Deuteronomy 32:48-50
[48]And the LORD spake unto Moses that selfsame day, saying,

[49]Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto MOUNT NEBO, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession:
[50]AND DIE IN THE MOUNT in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people:
Again, God told Moses where he would die. It was not a matter of secrecy. This refutes the belief that says death is an intruder. If you walk with the Lord, God may tell you when you will fall asleep.

Don’t forget that God did not only tell Moses when he would die. But he told him where he would die. So, it’s possible for God to tell you when and where you will fall asleep.

In The New Testament
• Peter
John 21:18

[18]Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
John 21:19
[19]This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
Jesus narrated how Peter would fall asleep (die). He told him he was going to die as a old man.

More so, we see here that, it is possible for God to tell you how you will die. Do not mystify everything about death. Death is not really an intruder over believers.

• Simeon
Luke 2:25-26,29
[25]And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

[26]And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, THAT HE SHOULD NOT SEE DEATH, BEFORE HE HAD SEEN THE LORD’S CHRIST.
[29]Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
It was the Holy Ghost who revealed to Simeon that he would not die until he had seen Christ. Again, God may not specifically tell you the age at which you will die. But He can tell you when and how you will die.

See, God doesn’t work with age. He works with time and season. His duty is to communicate to you in reference to time and season.

The Bible says that in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall the truth be established. I have shown you five men in the scriptures who were aware of their time of death.

What To Do When You Keep Having Bad Dream

Therefore, what’s your responsibility?
• Walk With God
All the men I have written about here that God communicated their time of death to them walked with God. Don’t just fool yourself. God cannot just freely tell you the time you will fall asleep. You are to develop quality relationship with God.

As a matter of fact, many of them did not ask God about their time of death. It was God who willingly told them while they were spending their tine in His presence.

Walk with God and He will reveal secrets unto you. There are some secrets that God will never reveal to a baby Christians.

Normally, God reveals His intentions to those who spend more time in His presence. Those who spend quality time have a lot to enjoy from God. Your duty is to walk with God.

Five Godly Ways To Enjoy Yourself As A Christian

• It Is Not Enough To Work For God
As good as it is to serve the Lord. Service to God cannot replace the place of fellowship.

For instance, Martha was bothered about many things when Jesus came to their house. She wanted to take good care of Jesus. So, she began to go up and down just for everything to be fine.

Mary sat at the feet of Jesus listening to His teachings. Yet, Jesus commended Mary who listened to him (Luke 10:41-42). This shows that God loves it when people spend time in His presence. Don’t let service replace its presence in your life.

Also, it is when you spend time with you that He will reveal Himself to you.

Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church

• Live A Good Life
Believers are to live a good life irrespective the situations and circumstances that surround them. God may not show you when you will go home to be with Him.

But live a life that guarantees heaven. Whether God shows you things concerning your death or not. Just live a life that will not affect your eternity.

• Know That Jesus Holds The Key To Death
Before, the devil was able torment and batter lives. He could kill whoever he wanted to kill. He had access to lives.

Satan had the power and authority to kill, steal and destroy lives (John 10:10).

When the devil was tempting Jesus. This was what he said to let you know that the devil had power in the past.

Luke 4:6
[6]And the devil said unto him, All this POWER WILL I GIVE THEE, and the GLORY of them: for that is DELIVERED UNTO ME; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

Honestly, this verse shows that the devil really had the power he wanted to give unto Jesus. And he got the power through the high treason Adam committed.

Good News
Hence, the good news is that after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus took the keys of death and hades from the devil.

Revelation 1:18

[18]I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the KEYS of HELL and of DEATH.
Nobody should scare you with death because Jesus is using those keys in your favour. Satan does not have power over those who have fully given their lives to Christ.

By redemption we have received emancipation from the grip of sudden death. Death is no more and intruder. Jesus cannot use that key of death against you. Your life is secure in the hands of Jesus.

• Fear Not!
We are seated with Christ in heavenly places far above principalities and powers. Be excited! If you have had a dream where you saw your coffin. Fear not!

Rebuke that dream. Believe and the Lord and pray to God. Although, Jesus died early, but He had finished everything His father sent Him before he died.

As a matter of fact, He knew when he wanted to fall asleep (die). Nobody killed him. He had to say “Father, unto you I commit my spirit.” And He gave up.

Luke 23:46
[46]And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

My friend, this was not a sudden death. Thus, death was not an intruder. It came when the person (Jesus) was aware. So, you can know the time of your death. Just train your spirit man and walk with God.

Summary
• Your walk with God, determines the extent which God will reveal Himself to you.

• There is nothing like; “Death is an intruder,” for a believer. We have been given power over it. We have dominion over it because our saviour holds the key to it.

Please, feel free to share your thought with me on this article

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/death-how-to-know-when-and-how-you-will-die/

(1) (Reply)

World’s Greatest Chef / If The Living Can Perceive What The Dead Now Know / Daddy Freeze Blasts Ignorant Christians That Pay First Fruit Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.