Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

$44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel (35830 Views)

Betta Edu: Our MD/CEO Was Not Arrested By EFCC - Jaiz Bank / EFCC Quizzes Allen Onyema Over $44.9 Million Wire Deals / Innocent Chukwuma's Wife: "I Was Slapped By EFCC Official" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Almajiri1: 9:54am On Nov 24, 2019
abu12:

Dangote sold all his properties/asset in U S, U K UAE and other european country, some year ago. and face his business in nigeria and other african country. maybe he knows what the american can do to him, if he transact business with them
Which businessman have not circumvented processes one time or the other? Not even the American president is immuned from that.

1 Like

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by BabaRamota1980: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2019
Okoroawusa:
All of you making this a tribal matter r sick in the head. This is sad!...Does it mean that if more Nigerian big business men r investigated they might not come out clean?...These are worrying signs indeed.

Please my brother,Allen Onyema, I want to give you benefit of the doubt. Biko, nwannem, show these Americans that they are liars n that you are innocent. Because if this comes out otherwise I will be very disappointed. You are one Igbo business man that I like n admire. I like your patriotism, tenacity n ingenuity.

You are like the only white cloth the igbos have right now...biko don't allow mud to be rubbed on it.

Ogwuna k'oram n'onu

This is a big commitment. Dont take a bet against FBI for anybody.

As we speak now they have opened an investigation file today on someone somewhere. They will spend next 12months, or even longer, building case after case of evidence and testing their theories on that target. They will also find other accomplices of the person.

The first thing they do is grab the accomplice and threaten heavy sentence. Then they enter negotiation for shorter sentence to wear wire on the accomplice. They also get a snitch to act as insider,unknown to the accomplice that while he is surveiling the target, another person inside has been recruited to surveil him.

24mis from now they will go get an indictment and warrant to arrest the target. Of course everyone pleads innocent until proven guilty.

FBI know how to prove beyond reasonable doubt. They dont get indictment unless their target has already been trapped from outside and from inside.

On this case they are going to use Ejiro against Onyema, and then turn around use onyema against Ejiro.

Becareful putting your entire tribe on a bet for onyema's innocence because people like me will bash your entire tribe if your bet looses.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by nzeobi(m): 9:59am On Nov 24, 2019
izzou:
grin

Nigerians will always be Nigerians....

From the response of his lawyers yesterday, it's 70% sure Oga is going down.

Instead of them to throw few facts in their statements, they came with the "he will never do such a thing" response

The guy is done. Unto the next
why are you shinning your teeth or do you expect them to start their defence on social media
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2019
Almajiri1:

For the records, Allen Onyeama has not been found guilty of any crime. The charge sheet was basically playing to technicalities. The mob action on the person of Allen Onyeama and his brand ought to be protected by every due process loving human.

Why did you not take this stance when you proclaimed him 'a national asset' who "must be protected by all means". Why should he be protected by all means when he is just another individual facing criminal charges and obligated to defend himself as we all may be called upon to do someday?

Are you not even ashamed at how you and other Igbos seem to be suggesting that Nigerians should hijack the legal process, in defence of a man who may actually be guilty, instead of simply letting things play out in a competent court of law as any law-abiding person would naturally be inclined to do even if it were his own son indicted of wrongdoing?

Continuously, and daily, you Igbos show you are not naturally law-abiding. This is nonsense. Very tiring and disgraceful nonsense to be honest.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Almajiri1: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2019
candidtalk:

Why did you not take this stance when you proclaimed him 'a national asset' who "must be protected by all means". Why should he be protected by all means when he is just another individual facing criminal charges and obligated to defend himself as we all may be called upon to do someday?

Are you not even ashamed at how you and other Igbos seem to be suggesting that Nigerians should hijack the legal process, in defence of a man who may actually be guilty, instead of simply letting things play out in a competent court of law as any law-abiding person would naturally be inclined to do even if it were his own son indicted of wrongdoing?

Continuously, and daily, you Igbos show you are not naturally law-abiding. This is nonsense. Very tiring and disgraceful nonsense to be honest.
I don't know nor care about what mindless tribalism you guys engage in here that has beclouded your sense of reasoning. You keep mentioning igbo this igbo that. We can't have any meaningful discourse without you collapsing it into tribalism to press home your demons.

I'm nationalistic and make no apologies for that.

1 Like

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by abbasajao(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2019
Almajiri1:

Americans will always put their country and businessmen first. Why can't we? This guy is a national asset that must be protected at all cost?

Dont protect atrocities. No matter who is involve. Let him clear his name if he is truly innocent.
We just too dubious in this country. Things has to change

3 Likes

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2019
candidtalk:

Lol. Why have you not urged the EFCC to go after your god Tinubu who was found shipping Bullion vans into his house on the eve of elections?

1 Like

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by mrvitalis(m): 10:25am On Nov 24, 2019
Flier:
Its just the beginning,he will end up losing large chunk of his wealth and Air peace will colapse if he refuse to resign within the next few days
That won't happen ...worst case his wife takes over ...una plan go fail ...

2 Likes

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 24, 2019
Almajiri1:

I don't know nor care about what mindless tribalism you guys engage in here that has beclouded your sense of reasoning. You keep mentioning igbo this igbo that. We can't have any meaningful discourse without you collapsing it into tribalism to press home your demons.

I'm nationalistic and make no apologies for that.

That is the fault of no one but the Igbos. They taint everything with tribalism till others are forced to speak and defend themselves. Already Igbos are claiming this is a ploy by "envious" Nigerians uncomfortable with the 'growing profile of an Igbo man' set to "challenge Dangote" and the "Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani status quo". If that is not paranoia and tribalism then I don't know what is.

In short, nothing, however ridiculous, we will not read from Igbos in defence of their own with other ethnic groups being the target of their paranoia and anger over the action fo their own kinsman. When others then speak in defence of their ethnic group that is when it is tribalism according to you. You would be justified as 'nationalistic' if seen calling out Igbos who invariably always lead with discriminatory utterances against others that inevitably gains the response you see here.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Almajiri1: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2019
candidtalk:

That is the fault of no one but the Igbos. They taint everything with tribalism till others are forced to speak and defend themselves. Already Igbos are claiming this is a ploy by "envious" Nigerians uncomfortable with the 'growing profile of an Igbo man' set to "challenge Dangote" and the "Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani status quo". If that is not paranoia and tribalism then I don't know what is.

In short, nothing, however ridiculous, we will not read from Igbos in defence of their own with other ethnic groups being the target of their paranoia and anger over the action fo their own kinsman. When others then speak in defence of their ethnic group that is when it is tribalism according to you. You would be justified as 'nationalistic' if seen calling out Igbos who invariably always lead with discriminatory utterances against others that inevitably gains the response you see here.
Find those igbos and go play in your turf.
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Sirjamo: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2019
If the EFCC refuse to jump into this case, the World would see our anti - corruption fight as a big joke, after all, the money emanated from Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2019
clarocuzioo:
When will EFCC swing into action on the bullion van petition on their table?
Never...the same EFCC that refused to act on the Ganduje bribery tape seen by millions around the world.

1 Like

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 24, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

Lol. Why have you not urged the EFCC to go after your god Tinubu who was found shipping Bullion vans into his house on the eve of elections?

Mr.Almajiri1, can you see the talk of your ignorant brothers Yorubas and others respond to? This ignorant fellow, and even others on this thread, will forever go on about bullion Van in Tinubu's compound. Yet tell me how many times it must be explained to the Igbo man that Tinubu did nothing wrong as a non-Yoruba lawyer cites below.

Mr.Nationalistic Almajiri1, kindly tell us why it is Igbos who must cite Tinubu or other yorubas when their own is indicted of criminal conduct. Look at the position of the law below and tell me why it is Igbos alone shouting Tinubu did wrong whereas the law is crystal clear no crime has been committed. Igbos may be ignorant of the law and inclined to disregard it, as per their innate lawlessness, but the EFCC is not. Pointless therefore that only Igbos continue to urge them to arrest Tinubu for doing nothing wrong. that is an indication of the hate and tribalism of Igbos , that has gone on unchallenged for decades, others now react to vehemently today because of social media.

http://www.excellawchambers.com/tinubus-bullion-vans-in-the-eyes-of-the-law/

Tinubu’s Bullion vans in the eyes of the law

On 22nd February 2019 being the eve before Nigeria’s 2019 Presidential election, a couple of bullion vans were sighted entering the official residence of the National leader and Co-chairman of the Presidential Campaign council of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Speculations were rife that the bullion vans were conveying cash that would be used by the party chief for the election.

These speculations (as to the contents of the bullion vans and their mission in the house of the APC National leader) were brought to the attention of the APC National leader himself the following day at the polling booth where he went to cast his vote. A journalist asked him what the bullion vans were doing in his house a night before the presidential election. In his answer, the APC national leader said:

…If I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache? If I don’t represent any agency of the government and I have money to spend, if I like, I give it to the people for free of charge as long as not to buy votes. Who are those watching my house and looking at Bullion vans?

In view of the above comments of the APC national leader, it is good to examine the position of the law as regards to an individual having enormous cash in his possession and deciding to spend it however he likes.

It is pertinent to note first that in Nigeria, no law forbids one from having in his house as much cash as he could lawfully earn or receive from genuine sources. What the law actually and vehemently forbids is one’s decision to spend it in a manner he likes. Nigeria’s criminal laws forbid one from using his money for illegal actions and even in legitimate transactions, the Money Laundering Prohibition Act 2012 specifies how payment of such legitimate transactions should be made. That law specifies that cash payment above a particular amount must be made or received through a financial institution.

For individuals, the law is that all payments made or received by anyone in excess of five million naira ($13,736 at the current rate of N364 per dollar) must pass through a financial institution; while for a company, it is ten million naira ($27,473 at the current rate of N364 per dollar). What this means is that while one can decide to save his money in his house, any payment from that money to another person in excess of five million naira must pass through a financial institution. It also means that if one has decided to be his own banker and save his money himself, he must not receive in one transaction, cash exceeding five million naira. Anything short of these makes one liable for the crime of money laundering.

Having said these, so what actually are the squabbles about Tinubu’s billions in the Bullion vans?

First of all, for the fact that the billions arrived through bullion vans presupposes that the cash came from the banks. So nothing is wrong with him receiving billions in cash through the banks. However where the problems lies is when he decides to give out cash in excess of five million naira to anybody without making the payment through a financial institution. Section 1 of the MONEY LAUNDERING (PROHIBITION) ACT, 2011 forbids him from doing so and in fact makes it a crime punishable by a forfeiture of an amount not less than 25% of the excess cash given.

Secondly, if the APC party leader decides to spend all that his money in the bullion vans in a way and manner not antagonistic to the law, he is free to do so.

Written by Lawrence C. Nnoli, a lawyer based in Lagos, Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 24, 2019
Almajiri1:

Find those igbos and go play in your turf.

Nairaland is my legitimate turf bro. It is Nigeria online effectively. Learn to face your side bro and don't make silly statements such as Onyeama "must be protected by all means" to then hide behind 'nationalism'. You'd be nationalistic if you ask Onyeama to clear his name rather than implore we blindly defend and support someone who may be guilty of very serious crimes.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Almajiri1: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2019
candidtalk:

Nairaland is my legitimate turf bro. It is Nigeria online effectively. Learn to face your side bro and don't make silly statements such as Onyeama "must be protected by all means" to then hide behind 'nationalism'. You'd be nationalistic if you ask Onyeama to clear his name rather than implore we blindly defend and support someone who may be guilty of very serious crimes.
Just stay in your lane.
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2019
The shit is getting more real grin
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Smalldick123(m): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2019
Because he is an igbo man. What of tinubu have they investigated him?
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2019
EFCC is a joke!!
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2019
Ebullience:
Yusuf Alli, Managing Editor, Northern Operation and Kelvin Osa-Okunbor

The probe, The Nation gathered, would cover the activities and inflows into the accounts of four non-governmental organisations (NGOs) /non-profit groups sponsored by Onyema.

He nailed himself for going this route. It's very obvious that it's a fraudulent route to avoid tax and other scrutiny. He should step down ASAP and save the business. Only if the business was set up with clean money sef

2 Likes

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2019
Flier:
Its just the beginning,he will end up losing large chunk of his wealth and Air peace will colapse if he refuse to resign within the next few days
Ewu
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by healthserve(m): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I commend EFCC for swiftly getting involved with this just hours after it broke in the spirit of Espirit De Corps.
I also admire their determination to carry out a thorough full body scan on him because not only Air Peace is the subject of their investigation, but his other NGOs too.

However, what I don't admire is their lack of interest in other very obvious cases; like the one in Kano and the one in Lagos.

The bigger picture is getting clearer considering them talking about a bank that has always been on their radar.

I stand with Allen Onyema.
NwaAmaikpe stands with AirPeace
My prayers go out to the great industrious maverick; Jim Ovia.

We shall prevail.

The handwriting has never been clearer.
The affliction of Savannah Bank and Slok Airlines shall not rise again.

Lol. What can I say. I'm just laughing
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 24, 2019
How did this Man even make his money anyway?

2 Likes

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by biobab23(m): 10:57am On Nov 24, 2019
My brothers fighting themselves... If u no u no... This matter na between senator n oga Airpeace tell me where d oga airpeace got his money if not tru shabbily deal from Niger Delta militants deal.... We youth need to learn abeg forget keyboard fight

1 Like

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Sleevia: 10:59am On Nov 24, 2019
danot1030:
We will soon be hearing "Buhari is after Igbos business men, Buhari does not like Igbos now"
they did not investigate the guy that was caught with fake traveling docs and pounds... cos he is a Northerner . It is well.
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by LyfeJennings(m): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2019
I'm scared this might be true
Even if he is innocent, there are too many elements of guilt indirectly linked to him.
No ignorance in the court of law
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2019
Why did this man helped Xenophobic Victims

That's where his problem came from.
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I commend EFCC for swiftly getting involved with this just hours after it broke in the spirit of Espirit De Corps.
I also admire their determination to carry out a thorough full body scan on him because not only Air Peace is the subject of their investigation, but his other NGOs too.

However, what I don't admire is their lack of interest in other very obvious cases; like the one in Kano and the one in Lagos.

The bigger picture is getting clearer considering them talking about a bank that has always been on their radar.

I stand with Allen Onyema.
NwaAmaikpe stands with AirPeace
My prayers go out to the great industrious maverick; Jim Ovia.

We shall prevail.

The handwriting has never been clearer.
The affliction of Savannah Bank and Slok Airlines shall not rise again.

I stand with Allen Onyema too, at least for His good heart which can't be forgotten in a hurry.
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by unbitchable(m): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2019
Your handcuffs are coming soon, Mr.Allen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by khalidx: 11:02am On Nov 24, 2019
Roadtoyesterday:
Foolish EFCC who call you for the matter? Just trying to be relevance in an already indicted case.... Left to them they will lose last last for court.

Where is Mopha case
try to construct a readable sentence first before accusing efcc of clout chasing

1 Like

Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 24, 2019
Flier:
He won't loose anything
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 24, 2019
Flier:
What is the difference between him and yahoo boys? He is the brightest star we have in Nigeria at the moment and i really like him but truth must be told Nigerians are very corrupt esp the rich
Did he still your Money or Nigeria money if yes
Whose money did he still
Re: $44.9m Wire Deals: Oyema To Be Investigated By EFCC, Sets Special Panel by Haykay77: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2019
Let the probe begins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Garment Factory Owned By Jim Okolo As FRSC Visits (Photos) / Fried Grasshopper: Katsina Residents Make Fortune Selling Tasty Insects / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollars, Pound And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.