Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Unauthorized Card Debit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unauthorized Card Debit (630 Views)

10 Best Free Virtual Credit Card/debit Cards In USA 2023 (virtual Card) / How To Request Credit Card, Debit Card, Virtual Card And Business Card On Access / Zenith Bank Introduces GBP And Euro Debit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unauthorized Card Debit by Didijiji: 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
Please I need help Nairalanders.

I just got this alert in my account and I didn't authorize it.

Acct: **********
The Naira equivalent of USD18.17 has been authorized for the Transaction done on DNH*GODADDY.COM 480-5058855 AZUS

How can get this resolved
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by nlPoster: 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2019
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
Have you used Godaddy before, if yes go stop automatic renewal
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by Didijiji: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
I have not used them before
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by donpedro11(m): 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
Didijiji:
I have not used them before

Well I think you have, and It will continue till you have it deactivated
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by Didijiji: 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2019
donpedro11:

Well I think you have, and It will continue till you have it deactivated
How do I deactivate it? I don't even have a website
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by donpedro11(m): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Didijiji:
How do I deactivate it? I don't even have a website

I don't think anyone has access to your card details except you, and definitely am 100% sure that's a domain renewal, can you screenshot your mail or the message in full because I know it your mail was used, you gonna get mails from go daddy
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by Didijiji: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2019
donpedro11:

I don't think anyone has access to your card details except you, and definitely am 100% sure that's a domain renewal, can you screenshot your mail or the message in full because I know it your mail was used, you gonna get mails from go daddy
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by donpedro11(m): 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
[quote author=Didijiji post=84322333][/quote]

Yep that sums it up, call me anyways

0815-275-8017, OK you can call me, will tell you how
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by ComputipsTech: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
donpedro11:

Isn't it a bit too forward and extremely presumptuous of you to assume that no one has gained access to his card or card details. It's not as if you both stay together or something. (And how on earth can you just assume it is a renewal, no where was it stated that it was renewal?)

The OP clearly states he hasn't used godaddy before, if this is true, you have no help to render him (unless you are a bank).

At OP, if you are sure you have not used godaddy before, you have to take action and change your card details.
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by Didijiji: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
ComputipsTech:

Isn't it a bit too forward and extremely presumptuous of you to assume that no one has gained access to his card or card details. It's not as if you both stay together or something. (And how on earth can you just assume it is a renewal, no where was it stated that it was renewal?)

The OP clearly states he hasn't used godaddy before, if this is true, you have no help to render him (unless you are a bank).

At OP, if you are sure you have not used godaddy before, you have to take action and change your card details.
Thank you. I have not used them before and can't remember using my card to do it for anyone last year to warrant a renewal today. My card was with me when I got this alert
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by ComputipsTech: 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
Didijiji:
Thank you. I have not used them before and can't remember using my card to do it for anyone last year to warrant a renewal today. My card was with me when I got this alert
Card transactions on godaddy are quite secure, with various verification methods such as name on card, card number, the 3 numbers at the back etc and finally OTP (I only know about GTBank).

Or unless you linked your card to PayPal and someone gained access to the PayPal account. In both cases this are unauthorized usage.

You have 2 options,
Contact your bank to complain about it, the fund might still be on your ledger balance, it can be blocked.

In the case that it has left your ledger balance, contact your bank still to make a complain and Also contact godaddy to report the fraudulent use of you card, provide the card details to them and they will probably blocked the account that used your card (you have to prove you own the card) and even make a refund to you.

P.S: aside from the mail from your bank, did you get a mail from godaddy (I'm guessing not)
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by Didijiji: 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2019
ComputipsTech:

Card transactions on godaddy are quite secure, with various verification methods such as name on card, card number, the 3 numbers at the back etc and finally OTP (I only know about GTBank).

Or unless you linked your card to PayPal and someone gained access to the PayPal account. In both cases this are unauthorized usage.

You have 2 options,
Contact your bank to complain about it, the fund might still be on your ledger balance, it can be blocked.

In the case that it has left your ledger balance, contact your bank still to make a complain and Also contact godaddy to report the fraudulent use of you card, provide the card details to them and they will probably blocked the account that used your card (you have to prove you own the card) and even make a refund to you.

P.S: aside from the mail from your bank, did you get a mail from godaddy (I'm guessing not)
I didn't get a mail from them. Ia had no dealing with Paypal. I have mailed my bank and will lodge a formal complaint tomorrow. Didn't get any OTP. I use GT
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by donpedro11(m): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2019
ComputipsTech:

Ok sir am very sorry sir

Carry on my good sir
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by Didijiji: 8:43am On Nov 25, 2019
Please who has an email i can reach them on?
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by ComputipsTech: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2019
Didijiji:
Please who has an email i can reach them on?
Go to godaddy.com, scroll down to the bottom to help center and click Contact Us
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by Didijiji: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2019
ComputipsTech:

Go to godaddy.com, scroll down to the bottom to help center and click Contact Us
Have done that. Saw a foreign number that isn't connecting
Re: Unauthorized Card Debit by ComputipsTech: 11:43am On Nov 25, 2019
Didijiji:
Have done that. Saw a foreign number that isn't connecting
Oh yes, phone is usually a faster way to get resolution on go daddy. Keep trying

(1) (Reply)

Business Ideas One Can Start With As Little Capital As #5k / Airport Pick Up Tips For Uber And Bolt Drivers And Riders / Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.