Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria (630 Views)

Concerns As Naira Emerges Worst Performing African Currency In 3 Months / Herbert Wigwe, Ifie Sekibo Lock Horns For Banker Of The Decade In Democracy Hero / Polystar Electronics Emerges Africa's Quality Electronics Company Of The Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by lexzygee(m): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nigerians have voted for Globacom Nigeria Limited, a telecommunications company owned by billionaire Mike Adenuga, as the worst network provider of the decade.

The management of the company, despite rolling out numerous creative adverts has failed to meet the basic expectations of millions of Nigerians as they keep failing the people both in making phone calls and browsing the Internet.

Nigerians had continued to back and purchase the network as they are still full of hopes that being an indigenous company, the telecommunication would do better.

A poll carried out on social media (Facebook and Twitter) had Glo top the chart as Nigerians expressed their disgusts and dislike for the network provider.

https://www.lagosdailynews.com/poll-globacom-emerges-worst-network-provider-of-the-decade-in-nigeria/

HomeNewsBusiness
Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria
BUSINESS
On Jan 9, 2020

0 9
Nigerians have voted for Globacom Nigeria Limited, a telecommunications company owned by billionaire Mike Adenuga, as the worst network provider of the decade.

The management of the company, despite rolling out numerous creative adverts has failed to meet the basic expectations of millions of Nigerians as they keep failing the people both in making phone calls and browsing the Internet.

Nigerians had continued to back and purchase the network as they are still full of hopes that being an indigenous company, the telecommunication would do better.

A poll carried out on social media (Facebook and Twitter) had Glo top the chart as Nigerians expressed their disgusts and dislike for the network provider.

The twitter poll conducted by Pope Piano @Yeankhar saw Globacom polled 69 per cent to win the infamous award as MTN came a distant second with 12.5 per cent, with 9mobile and Airtel polling 9.3 per cent and 9.1 per cent respectively out of the 2895 total votes.

Twitter users commenting on the poll corroborated why Nigerians voted for Glo as the worst network provider of the decade.

Some of the comments saw users of the network provider lamented what using the service has cost them.

Also, a visit to the various social media platforms of the network provider in the past week shows that Nigerians daily complain about the quality of its porous network.

Nigerians who subscribed to other network providers questioned the reason people continue to use the service of Glo despite their ‘not so good services as some insinuated that even Mike Adenuga doesn’t use the service.

Laide Of Jos @JosLaide said, “Undisputed Globacom with the worst network…even with there mast in front of my house I can’t still enjoy good network!”

Omogbolahan @Zeem_Miles said, “I’m 100 per cent sure Glo will win this.”

Good Fellow @Friskyrobson replied “Yesterday morning, I paid my transport, went to @GloWorld office to report that their network mast has been off for more than a week now. Up till now, nothing has been done. Worst of all, I met with the oga abi branch manager.”

Ebullient Emekah @Megxo_official tweeted: “It has to be Glo… Their 4G still chooses 4g- enabled device to work on, might work for mine but won’t work for yours. Talking about bandwidth and shii.”

Another Twitter user, @1RndomAfrican in his reply to Emekah said, “I dey tell u, I got a Glo sim on the 29th of last month, only thing I regret doing last year, soon as d idiot data finish, I’ll call customer care, ask them why they don’t talk sense to their boss and break d sim. How 4g sim no go update status for 34mins Until I changed it to 3g”.

Still responding to the poll, @1RndomAfrican said further “Adenuga failed all of us, I’m sure mans (Adenuga) doesn’t use his stupid network.”

@AamirSidibe was forced to ask a very salient question – “Is there any Glo subscriber that doesn’t have an MTN line. Why is Globacom always a second option?”

@Clesteve tweeted, “Globacom is a fraud. Your data is a fraud. And your company is a fraud. How can I buy data and it won’t download any damn thing.”

@MrOdanz asked, “If Glo spends just half their advertisement budget on building infrastructure for better network services, a whole lot of MTN users would have moved to Glo since.”

Nigerian Critic @ngcritic on Jan 3 advised, “Rather than improve their services, especially mobile data quality, the “Grandmaster of Data” is busy acting Nollywood season film.”

On Facebook, Ngwu Lemzy Sage, reacting to a post by Globacom on the preference between plantain chips and potato chips, said, “Neither of the two. Just give me good network, Mbok. Your network (data) sucks big time, do something about it. Am in Enugu”.

He is just one of the millions of Nigerians who have made the handles of the network provider a place for venting their annoyance at the poor services they receive.

Mary Favour, a regular visitor to the handle, posted, “Your network is not going at all, please do the needful.”

For Acheneje D’ philosopher, “the question on food was a misplaced priority,” while Oyewola Emmanuel Adewale urged the service provider to find a lasting solution to its bad service.

Adewale wrote, “Instead of finding solution to this bad service, you come here posting rubbish.

A visit to the office of Globacom at 95 Allen Ave, Allen, Ikeja is the same as most of the complains are about the lousy network.

1 Like

Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by Kingosytex(m): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
I no de try spoil people hustle but Glo na beta scam!!!!!!!
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by donbachi(m): 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
If dis network na man,no girl go stay with am pass 1 week...him go make mouth sey him sabi fvck(data master) only to turn u on by fingering u(beautiful adverts) wen e reach to fvck(browse) him priick go just fall(total network failure)....glo with pride ko glo with ni.

1 Like

Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by Nickisindigo(m): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
lemme enjoy my 9mobile and airtel in peace
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by BroOptimist(m): 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kingosytex:
I no de try spoil people hustle but Glo na beta scam!!!!!!!

I dey tell you. Very useless network with fake promise. Nonsense!
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by Goldencheese(m): 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
But I am enjoying Glo o, serious!
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by lexzygee(m): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2020
Which part of Nigeria do you live?
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by parrotpikin: 11:39am On Jan 10, 2020
Glo works well for me
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by gistgirl0: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2020
I have been enjoying Glo network o, especially the 4G
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by funmitalks190: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2020
Abegi, Glo network is the most affordable for starters
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by jimiabdul: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
I use Glo and it's my best network.
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by toyosilawal12: 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
I actually enjoy using Glo, their data and call rates are affordable and doesn't drain easily
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by Folasho99: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
I use Glo network and it works well jare
Re: Poll: Globacom Emerges Worst Network Provider Of The Decade In Nigeria by trendsgirl: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
Glo na grandmasters of data o

(1) (Reply)

Logistics With Ease At COMTRANZ GLOBAL / Equatorial Guinea Speeds Up Year Of Investment Drive With Nigerian Investors / Deluxe Organics 3-in-1 Fastest Rapid Beard / Hair Growth Mix: 1 Castor Oil+ 1 Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.