Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says (313 Views)

Christian Are Not Allowed To Marry More Than One Wife. / As A Christian,are You Going To Church Today? / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says by shehuolayinka(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2019
‘Nigerian Christian are the most afraid creature on earth’, writer says in reaction to witchcraft conference UNN venue cancellation

Writer and social commentator, Immanuel James Ibe-Anyanwu has said Christians in Nigeria are the most afraid creature on earth.

Ibe-Anyanwu said this in reaction to public outcry and condemnation by the Christian Association of Nigeria and other religious who opposed the conference.

The conference on witchcraft has generated controversy since it was announced that it would take place in University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).

The International Witchcraft conference was scheduled to hold on the 26th of November, 2019, but the management of the school said the witch conference should choose another venue.

Immanuel in a Facebook post, titled in defense of witches, said even the law hates witches, though it doesn’t properly define it.

He post read, “Witches have lost again. In prayer houses, Nollywood and, finally, on campus, they always lose to Christian Talibanism. But be sure they will be back. The war on witches never ends, nor do those urchins stay vanquished long on the ground.”

“The University of Nigeria has said the “witch conference” should choose another venue—and that is an unfair phrase, witch conference, as headlines call it. Witches have always had bad reportage, yet they rise.”

“Never mind having a Supreme Father, never mind all the assurances of safety in the Bible by that Father, the Nigerian Christian is the most afraid creature on earth.”

“Sleepless in his fear of something he declares has no power, suspicious of every noise within range. “Killing”, casting and binding in a tautology of chants against an agency whose apparent immortality never compels a rethink.”

“What if there are no witches? Maybe witches, alongside the devil in that binary of good and evil, were invented to keep spirituality perpetually on course? Or perhaps they exist, but not in the touted sense.”

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/11/23/nigerian-christian-are-the-most-afraid-creature-on-earth-writer-says-in-reaction-to-witchcraft-conference-unn-venue-cancellation/

Re: ‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says by sweetonugbu: 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
If you overheard my elder sister a member of chosen describing hellfire you will become a real born again and again, just that I am a lost cause if not I won't be written all those nonsense I do write at times.
Re: ‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says by Ofemmanu1: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
Make dem go am for Edo state.
Re: ‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says by sweetonugbu: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
There is nothing enjoy during Christmas than my elder brother a member of winners and my elder sister a member of chosen arguing, my brother will tell her that once a born again always a born again, that the blood of Jesus cleans the sins my sister Will tell him it's a demonic doctrine, that one small girl of ten years went to he'll, the reason was that she was hungry the aunty is found of starving her, that that day she saw the aunty #50 due to hunger she went and bought a biscuit
On her way back a careless driver ran over her and she died, when she got to heaven's gate the angel in charge showed her the video and sent her to HELL
Another testimony in their church a woman collected ten naira matches from her neighbor and took five sticks and told the owner she took three sticks and she died that night and went to HELL.
They no longer argue about religious matter whenever I am around because I make mockery of them.
Re: ‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2023
sweetonugbu:
If you overheard my elder sister a member of chosen describing hellfire you will become a real born again and again, just that I am a lost cause if not I won't be written all those nonsense I do write at times.

Re: ‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says by MightySparrow: 7:53am On Nov 23, 2023
Nigerians have brought their traditions into Christianity. The beliefs of witches, and evil powers. These are more real to an average Nigerian christian than God Himself. Most of the prayers in some congregations are curses. Most of their pastors also lack knowledge.

I have been saying it, and will still continue: any christian practice that is not universal is a lie.

God is the same in Ghana, Germany, USA, Finland, Afghanistan as well as on Nigeria.

The same the devil.
Ofemmanu1 mentioned above about Edo state. I live in Benin now. I am amazed by the warpness of the believe system. Everything is devil, witches, and enemies.
People leave church in the morning to serve their idols in the evening. Fear will not allow them to see and seek God. Most prayers end with fire!
I am yet to see where that formula comes from in the scriptures.
Whenever, a person leads a prayer that will instill fear, you see people shaking heads like lizards.

Does God answer prayers without 'fire' elsewhere? I know He does.
The real issue is that people don't read their Bibles and depend on ignorant pastors to control them with fear.

I have lived in almost all geo - political zones in Nigeria. I found out one thing: each brags about the potency of their charms and the wickedness of their people. The devil is the same everywhere. He does not have favourites.

Anyway, the power of God is greater.

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: ‘nigerian Christian Are The Most Afraid Creature On Earth’, Writer Says by MightySparrow: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2023
sweetonugbu:
There is nothing enjoy during Christmas than my elder brother a member of winners and my elder sister a member of chosen arguing, my brother will tell her that once a born again always a born again, that the blood of Jesus cleans the sins my sister Will tell him it's a demonic doctrine, that one small girl of ten years went to he'll, the reason was that she was hungry the aunty is found of starving her, that that day she saw the aunty #50 due to hunger she went and bought a biscuit
On her way back a careless driver ran over her and she died, when she got to heaven's gate the angel in charge showed her the video and sent her to HELL
Another testimony in their church a woman collected ten naira matches from her neighbor and took five sticks and told the owner she took three sticks and she died that night and went to HELL.
They no longer argue about religious matter whenever I am around because I make mockery of them.

Correct guy. Debunking lies and hypocrisy.

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Being The Embodiment Of The Kingdom Of Heaven / Sweet Friendships Needed / RCCG House Fellowship Leaders Manual, Sunday 2nd, February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.