Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Is My OS The Cause Of This Problem ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is My OS The Cause Of This Problem ? (753 Views)

Pls Help! I Need Solution To This Problem With My PC / What Is The Cause Of Blue Screen And Immediate Shut Down Of My Laptop / Please I Need Solution To This Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My OS The Cause Of This Problem ? by shegzhkn: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hello folks, i am using 2019 Windows enterprise edition and mostly i use it with work internet , but lately when i want to use the computer at home , i use mobile data and my phone hotspot ; most times i do just basic things like reading article and doing just simple surfing but in less than 10min over 500MB is gone - for just using google and reading article , can the OS be the cause of this probably doing some background stuffs ?
Re: Is My OS The Cause Of This Problem ? by udemzyudex(m): 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2019
shegzhkn:
Hello folks, i am using 2019 Windows enterprise edition and mostly i use it with work internet , but lately when i want to use the computer at home , i use mobile data and my phone hotspot ; most times i do just basic things like reading article and doing just simple surfing but in less than 10min over 500MB is gone - for just using google and reading article , can the OS be the cause of this probably doing some background stuffs ?

Windows 10? If yes then that operating system is known for sucking data.
Re: Is My OS The Cause Of This Problem ? by lekjons(m): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2019
Disable windows update

Press the windows key and search "services", open services and look for "windows update", right click on it and click "properties" then disable.

Set your internet connection as metered.

Go to wifi properties and select the wireless network that you use, click on the name, look for the "set as metered connection" option and enable it.

That's all.
Re: Is My OS The Cause Of This Problem ? by polimaf(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
lekjons:
Disable windows update

Press the windows key and search "services", open services and look for "windows update", right click on it and click "properties" then disable.

Set your internet connection as metered.

Go to wifi properties and select the wireless network that you use, click on the name, look for the "set as metered connection" option and enable it.

That's all.
In addition to this, go to the tiles on windows start menu, click on each and chose live tiles off... Those rubbish refreshes always consuming data.
Re: Is My OS The Cause Of This Problem ? by shegzhkn: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Thanks for the input guys , i really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Hp Envy Corei7 For Sale. / Thread Unpublished / Hp Elitebook 8460p Core I5 320gb 4gb Ram 65k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.