Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

So Much Divorce Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So Much Divorce Today (884 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Much Divorce Today by konsult(m): 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2010
Why are there more divorce cases today? I tot wit d increase of knowlege nd civility we should b more disciplined nd self controled. Pls help ur comment is valued,
Re: So Much Divorce Today by Odunnu: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
With knowledge comes a lot of questions,relevant and irrelevant.
We'v lost it because of the mad chase of success,fame and money.
We dont set our priorities right
Re: So Much Divorce Today by plappville(f): 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
It's common knowledge that today more than half of all married couples will get divorced. It wasn't always like this, it was much less yrs back (why) becos
Putting aside the exceptions of abuse, infidelity and spouses who turn out to be homosexuals .Why so many divorced 2day is
because couples're incompatible, but then why were they together in the first place?
I think it's become way 2 easy for people to just breakaway from each other évén as stressful as thé divorce processe is in most nation. I advice couples should work to be able to get married.
Before a couple get's married dey should really decide whether this person is the one and even go to couples counsling (even if they think dey dont need it) Also to those who are married: sure it's difficult to be married, but just like everything in life it takes work. Wen u marry someone u become his/her family. U don't just leave your family.

To me, marriage reflects d union in Christ He desires from his children. It's a committment. A covenant. & a love relationship that deeply expresses the compassion Christ has on his created beings.
Although dis may nt be everyone's view, it puts into perspective why divorce is just so rampant (even amongst the church).

So often, out of our own desires, we jump the gun and delve into A relationships with the 1st thing that glitters. Then comes hard aches.
Re: So Much Divorce Today by gestapo(f): 12:01am On Nov 22, 2010
Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread cool
Re: So Much Divorce Today by Osama10(m): 3:18am On Nov 22, 2010
If couples were a little bit more patient and forgiving, most of the divorces we have can be prevented.
Re: So Much Divorce Today by DJA: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2010
So much junk information that tear hearts apart,why wont homes be affected.Even some posts on NL are obvious examples.It will take a dugged effort to live normal these days,but be sure you are that dugged, nd not affected by these last days craze.
Re: So Much Divorce Today by tpia5: 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2010
It will take a dugged effort to live normal these days

true that.

nothing like normal anymore, lord have mercy.
Re: So Much Divorce Today by Blazay(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2010
All the better.

If it is not working, get the hell out.

Simple.

Love and marriage should not be by force.
Re: So Much Divorce Today by NAJALYN: 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2010
Yes there is so much divorce today for so many reasons. There is need for couples to court for a reasonable lenght of time, at least one year, before getting married. The period of courtship is to allow them know themselves better. Please refer to Family Section, Page 4, on "How to prevent divorce - things you should establish in early marriage by efoghorjos on November 8, 2010, 05:33 AM. It is a very detailed report.
Re: So Much Divorce Today by kokoye(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
In Nigeria, more females are making their own money now - they've realised they dont have to cope with some men's  . . .anymore.

And most crashed marriages were solely based on 'business' deals, and what happens when stuff turns sour?
Re: So Much Divorce Today by harakiri(m): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2010
Wanna know the reason? I'll give you two :

(1)Crazy divorce laws that are aimed at giving the man virtually NO CHANCE hence making divorce incredibly attractive for the ladies who are bored with marriage

(2)FEMINISM! ! !
Re: So Much Divorce Today by Image123(m): 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2010
Marriage is a relationship between husband, wife and God. When God is taken out of the equation, there remains no more foundation to combat the storms that 'war' against marriage. And we sure have more storms these days with the general populace adjusting against the former relationship standards. So bring God back into the equation, that's all.

(1) (Reply)

Please Inform Your Neighbor, Don't Allow Him To Commit That Succide. / Strictly For Men And Those That Love Them / Trust In Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.