Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? (40403 Views)

Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease / Studies Show That Black People Are Genetically Programmed To Be Slaves! / Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by bisoyeg(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
I'm not saying that every white person is more intelligent than every black person. Just saying the average white person is blessed with more intellectual gifts than the average black person. What you do with your gifts is another matter. But the average white has more natural innate intelligence than the average black person.

Believe it or not but the smartest person I've met is a black classmate of mine at university. When I say smart, I'm talking about his innate natural intelligence. He has the ability to think on his feet and can deal with complex concepts very quickly and grasps new ideas quickly and can apply those ideas. He also has the ability to adapt to changing environments very quickly. He doesn't need to spend a long time studying something before he grasps it. These are all signs of great natural intelligence.

But apart from this black guy, most other black people I've met exhibit low innate intelligence. They work hard and have great attitude but they just don't seem very bright at all and show no analytical skills and certainly can't grasp complex concepts quickly if at all. Apart from that super smart black guy, the other exceptionally bright people I've met are whites and asians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by omega25red(m): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
bisoyeg:

I'm not saying that every white person is more intelligent than every black person. Just saying the average white person is blessed with more intellectual gifts than the average black person. What you do with your gifts is another matter. But the average white has more natural innate intelligence than the average black person.
Believe it or not but the smartest person I've met is a black classmate of mine at university. When I say smart, I'm talking about his innate natural intelligence. He has the ability to think on his feet and can deal with complex concepts very quickly and grasps new ideas quickly and can apply those ideas. He also has the ability to adapt to changing environments very quickly. He doesn't need to spend a long time studying something before he grasps it. These are all signs of great natural intelligence.
But apart from this black guy, most other black people I've met exhibit low innate intelligence. They work hard and have great attitude but they just don't seem very bright at all and show no analytical skills and certainly can't grasp complex concepts quickly if at all. Apart from that super smart black guy, the other exceptionally bright people I've met are whites and asians.
so poster are you balck or white? if you are black i feel very sorry for you because you are living with an inferiority complex and if you are white you need to take you skin head and get the f$#k outta here no one wants to hear your nazi propaganda

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by MissyB3(f): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2010
bisoyeg:

the average white person is blessed with more intellectual gifts than the average black person.
After reading this line, I couldn't read further. Utter nonsense! undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by ada24: 2:40am On Nov 22, 2010
sometimes something is so stupid one can only laugh.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by madlady(f): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
bisoyeg:

@Poster, you should do a mini survey on this forum's Politics Section, you might change your mind. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by spikedcylinder: 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2010
bisoyeg:

Seems to me that you need to expand you horizon and STOP conversing with animals. Dr. Doolittle is not real. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by Afam4eva(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2010
@ OP

Don't think because you're more clueless than the average white man that everybody is in the same ship with you. I think what you should have said is that privileged or educated whites tend to be more intelligent(i don't know if this is the word) than the unprivileged black person. The white people usually have the best of education. Why not compare privileged blacks to whites and uneducated whites to blacks.

1 Like

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 23, 2010
I'll make this short, race has nothing to do with a person's intelligence it's how the person's mind develops. Do not let media media brainwash you.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by Nobody: 4:27am On Nov 23, 2010
Its easy to come out and bark at the OPs post but lets objectively look at this - why is it that the RICHEST, MOST INNOVATIVE and MOST POWERFUL nations are caucasian nations? Now why is it that no matter what continent the black race is . . . their nations are always the poorest and most corrupt? Haiti anyone?

I dont believe it has to do with skin color . . . i think it has a lot to do with the average black culture:

1. we are largely a people who actively shun intellectual curiousity for the lazy "comfort" of hand-made gods!

2. We raise our kids to be crammers, we destroy their self confidence by raising them in an atmosphere of oppression, stifle their natural instincts to explore their surroundings by caging them at home in the name of "protection".

3. We are largely "money oriented" . . . 99% of Nigerians in universities home and abroad are purely studying their majors of choice squarely based on the pecuniary benefits in future. How many of us are in school simply because we are genuinely interested in spending a lifetime understanding how chemistry works?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by Samobi(m): 5:33am On Nov 23, 2010
davidylan:

Its easy to come out and bark at the OPs post but lets objectively look at this - why is it that the RICHEST, MOST INNOVATIVE and MOST POWERFUL nations are caucasian nations? Now why is it that no matter what continent the black race is . . . their nations are always the poorest and most corrupt? Haiti anyone?

I dont believe it has to do with skin color . . . i think it has a lot to do with the average black culture:

1. we are largely a people who actively shun intellectual curiousity for the lazy "comfort" of hand-made gods!

2. We raise our kids to be crammers, we destroy their self confidence by raising them in an atmosphere of oppression, stifle their natural instincts to explore their surroundings by caging them at home in the name of "protection".

3. We are largely "money oriented" . . . 99% of Nigerians in universities home and abroad are purely studying their majors of choice squarely based on the pecuniary benefits in future. How many of us are in school simply because we are genuinely interested in spending a lifetime understanding how chemistry works?

The answer is simple. The reason why the most innovative, wealthy, powerful nations are caucasian nations is because no other race has been able to travel around the world, rob other nations of what they had and make themselves rich. Its all about being cunny, conniving and what have you. I work with whites everyday and even their fellow whites complain about how dumb some are. It is also very easy to take credit for other people's invention like was the case in the US where blacks invented some things and whites took credit. Besides, there is more to it than meets the eye. The wealth in this world are controlled by a very small percentage of very rich white elite who control the media, sports, music and everything else. They also ensure that the money stays amongst them. As for Haiti, I read a very insightful article why Haiti is so poor and how years of embargo to purnish Haitians for rebelling against the french back in the day lead to their present state. Do some research and some reading and you will notice that there is a system in place to keep things the way they are.

Anyways, go ahead and support whatever this honky has posted. I don't expect anything less from the average Nigerian anyways who sees anything pink/pale as "god". Just thought I share my 2 cents on the topic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 23, 2010
Samobi:

The answer is simple. The reason why the most innovative, wealthy, powerful nations are caucasian nations is because no other race has been able to travel around the world, rob other nations of what they had and make themselves rich. Its all about being cunny, conniving and what have you. I work with whites everyday and even their fellow whites complain about how dumb some are. It is also very easy to take credit for other people's invention like was the case in the US where blacks invented some things and whites took credit. Besides, there is more to it than meets the eye. The wealth in this world are controlled by a very small percentage of very rich white elite who control the media, sports, music and everything else. They also ensure that the money stays amongst them. As for Haiti, I read a very insightful article why Haiti is so poor and how years of embargo to purnish Haitians for rebelling against the french back in the day lead to their present state. Do some research and some reading and you will notice that there is a system in place to keep things the way they are.

Anyways, go ahead and support whatever this honky has posted. I don't expect anything less from the average Nigerian anyways who sees anything pink/pale as "god". Just thought I share my 2 cents on the topic.

the arabs have done this as well if not worse. Arabs have spread from a tiny enclave in Arabia to much of Africa, the entire middle east (persia) and parts of Europe. Are they any better?

The Asians didnt go around robbing anyone . . . what is the excuse there?

Dont you people stop to contemplate the false claims you make before typing?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by Afam4eva(m): 10:41am On Nov 23, 2010
davidylan:

the arabs have done this as well if not worse. Arabs have spread from a tiny enclave in Arabia to much of Africa, the entire middle east (persia) and parts of Europe. Are they any better?

The Asians didnt go around robbing anyone . . . what is the excuse there?

Dont you people stop to contemplate the false claims you make before typing?

Look at the history of these people and compare them to that of Africa. We've gone through a lot.

1 Like

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by okeyxyz(m): 1:02am On Nov 25, 2010
the difference lies in the different cultures.
the more developed nations tend to document & share knowledge. the shared knowledge is studied by other members of society, it's expanded & improved upon & further shared. this culture of sharing turns seemingly "dark art" complex knowledge into common knowledge, & that's how society develops. the persons of such society will take pride in having participated in the discovery & announcing(sharing) new knowledge, feats, breakthroughs, etc. they understand that there is wealth in sharing.

but what do we have in our cultures? we r taught to hoard knowledge, we think there is wealth in hoarding, & that has been the bane of our societies. we'd always had talented individuals amongst us, but they tend to keep this skills to themselves, when they die, these skills r lost & society continues to live in ignorance. no avenues for public enlightenment. on the other hand, the few who r willing to share r systematically frustrated by same society who don't want him to b exalted above them, thus the term PHD(pull him down). Ever wonder why our talents run off to america & europe where they r appreciated & honored?

so the ans is simple: stop hoarding, start sharing & watch ourselves grow to match the outside world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by drrionelli(m): 3:42am On Nov 25, 2010
First of all, can we get a reasonable working definition of "intelligence"?

That would be a good start to this discussion.

1 Like

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by okeyxyz(m): 2:08am On Nov 26, 2010
drrionelli:

First of all, can we get a reasonable working definition of "intelligence"? 

That would be a good start to this discussion.
intelligence is the ability to differentiate between two things. cool
Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by asha80(m): 2:33am On Nov 26, 2010
afam4eva:

Look at the history of these people and compare them to that of Africa. We've gone through a lot.

You think europians did not go through hell?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by fstranger: 2:52am On Nov 26, 2010
No I think black people are superior.
For starters, our d-icks are bigger!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by drrionelli(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2010
okeyxyz:

intelligence is the ability to differentiate between two things. cool
OK, let's use that one for this instance.

Are there any reasons to suggest that either blacks and whites would have an advantage in this capacity?
Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by tpia5: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2010
But apart from this black guy, most other black people I've met exhibit low innate intelligence. They work hard and have great attitude but they just don't seem very bright at all and show no analytical skills and certainly can't grasp complex concepts quickly if at all.

that's because for many of them, their lifestyles revolve mainly around getting the next lay.

that kind of mentality doesnt foster intellectualism.

indeed, it seriously slows it down because you process the world in terms of how to tap "booty" and nothing else.

it's gotten so bad that some people cant even hold a non-sexual conversation with the opposite gender. They simply dont know how to relate in a non-sexualized context.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by emwosa(f): 11:34am On Nov 26, 2010
intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with the color of a persons skin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by ifele(m): 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2010
negros are technologically stupd so when they compare themselves to europeans and orientals they feel inferior
Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by drrionelli(m): 11:33pm On Dec 01, 2010
^ Surely you don't really believe that, ifele. undecided
Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by birdman(m): 7:22am On Dec 03, 2010
One thing is for sure: the OP has an IQ of about 50.

1 Like

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by IG: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2011
ifele:

negros are technologically stupd so when they compare themselves to europeans and orientals they feel inferior

The quote above is really heart breaking. It shows that black people know very little about the achievements of fellow black men/women. First of all google the name "Mark Dean". He arguably invented the PC, yes personal computer. He holds 3 out of the 9 patents of the PC. Oh I forgot, he is also black. The following are other black inventors that I think we need to know. I agree with afam4eva that a lot has been done to keep the system the way it is. And that's why you hardly hear people celebrating black inventors

1. Lawn Mower J. A. Burr May 19, 1889
2. Baby Buggy W. H. Richardson June 18, 1899
3. Lock W. A. Martin July 23, 1889
4. Bicycle Frame Issac R. Johnson Oct. 10, 1899
5. Door Stop O. Dorsey Dec. 10, 1878
6. Cellular Car Phone Henry T. Sampson July 6, 1971
7. Clothes Dryer G. T. Sampson June 6, 1892
8. Mail Box Paul B. Downing Oct. 27, 1939
9. Curtain Rod S. C. Scratton Nov. 30 1889
10. Lunch Pail James Robinson 1887
11. Mop Thomas B. Stewart June 11, 1893
12. Door Knob O. Dorsey Dec. 10, 1878
13. Dust Pan Lawrence P. Ray Aug. 3, 1897
14. Elevator Alexander Miles Oct. 11, 1867
15. Fire Extinguisher T.J. Marshall Oct. 26, 1872
16. Spark Plug Edmond Berger Feb. 2, 1830
17. Folding Bed L. C. Bailey July 18, 1889
18. Gas Heater B. F. Jackson TBD
19. Railway Signal A. B. Blackburn TBD
20. Window Cleaner A. L. Lewis 1892
21. Ice Cream Augustus Jackson TBD
22. Typewriter Burridge & Marshman Apr. 7, 1885
23. Tricycle M. A. Cherry May 8, 1888
24. Lawn Sprinkler J.W. Smith May 4, 1897
25. Thermostat Control Frederick M. Jones Feb. 23, 1960
26. Golf Tee T. Grant Dec. 12, 1899
27. Stove T. A. Carrington July 25, 1876
28. Fountain Pen W. B. Purvis Jan. 7, 1890
29. Folding Chair Brody & Surgwar June 11, 1889
30. Stethoscope Imhotep Ancient Egypt
31. Fire Escape Ladder J. W. Winters May 7, 1878
32. Eye Protector P. Johnson Nov. 2, 1880
33. Refrigerator J. Standard July 14, 1891
34. Potato Chip Huram S. Thomas TBD
35. Ironing Board Sarah Boone Dec, 30, 1887
36. Latern Michael C. Harvey Aug. 19, 1884(First Heart Surgeon)
37. Stream Table G.W. Kelley 1897
38. Ice Cream Scooper Alfred Cralle Feb 2, 1897
39. Ship Propeller George Tolivar TBD
40. Lemon Squeezer J. H. White 1896
41. Motor J. Gregory TBD
42. Airplane Propelling James S. Adams TBD
43. Sailing Apparatus James Forten 1850
44. Wrench John A. Johnson TBD
45. Helicopter Paul E. Williams TBD

Now think of the western world without elevators, lawn mowers, refrigerators, helicopters, gas heaters e.t.c. You will see that black people gave the west their civilization. I do not think intelligence has anything to do with skin color, and if you think it has, then the list above tends towards the superiority of black people.
And I forgot, Mark Dean designed the first cpu that ran above 1 GHz. I think he is currently a vice president at IBM.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2011
Wooden locks and keys were in use as early as 4,000 years ago in Assyria. undecided
Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by Booshman(m): 12:45am On Jul 07, 2011
If whites were intellectually superior to blacks, then they would have been on top for all of humanity's history. Not just the past 800 years, where before that, they were living in caves and eating raw meat and had to be educated by the Arabs. If whites are naturally superior mentally, then why have many white nations been failures historically and even in the present day? You can’t attribute decent governance and the success of nations to intelligence and then gloss over examples where white-run nations have not been well-governed or successful. Speaking of Africa, several black African countries rank ahead of several Eastern European countries by whatever metric you opt to use, to measure quality of life. Black Caribbean countries rank ahead of even some Western European countries.

I would have no problem accepting racial differences in intelligence were it to be empirically certain and true. But the arguments people make in support of that thesis are much too easy to shoot down. In fact I’d say that the preponderance of evidence weighs heavily against European intellectual or cognitive superiority.

Just because there are blacks living in shantytowns in South Africa doesn’t preclude the presence of geniuses there. And the white man sitting in some high rise office in Johannesburg could be an slowpoke relative to many of the blacks in that shantytown. Human intelligence simply doesn’t work the way many people think it does. If intelligence was the key controlling factor empires wouldn’t rise and fall. How do Britons go from living in mud huts and being colonized by Rome to eventually becoming a world power with a far-flung empire? Did they somehow become more intelligent? Of course not. It was done through acculturation, assimilation and adaptation, which every single human being is capable of, regardless of race or color.

And if you want an example of low intelligent Asians, look at the native Burakumin Koreans that live in Japan. They are genetically the same as the native Japanese that have high IQ's. Why is there a difference you ask? The Koreans there have been kept at the bottom of the ladder for generations and have had poor access to education. Where as the Japanese who's ancestors enslaved them have always had access to the best of education. You can apply the same reason to other historically oppressed groups with low IQ's. It all comes down to access of education.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by IG: 1:10am On Jul 07, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

Wooden locks and keys were in use as early as 4,000 years ago in Assyria. undecided
You are right. But W. A. Martin received a patent for his superior lock design. The point I am trying to make is that intelligence has nothing to do with skin color.

1 Like

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by pleep(m): 1:15am On Jul 07, 2011
^^ don't forget medeval cateract surgury was perfected in Mali ( I forgot the year) and it was a black man who invented trafftic lights.

1 Like

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by IG: 1:21am On Jul 07, 2011
@pleep, I think the Black man that invented the traffic lights is Garrett A. Morgan. I think General Electric later bought the patent from him.
I always wonder why we don't celebrate the ancient Malian universities. For God's sake African's had universities long before Europeans know what a university is.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by pleep(m): 1:31am On Jul 07, 2011
^^I agree, mali is really an underappreciated civilization, have you heard about them traveling to the Americas? I trully belive they were the first, before Columbus. To bad they were in the middle of the desert though.  sad

@topic It's funny, for most of my young childhood I had always assumed Africans were the smarted people.
Here in the u.s all the Nigerian Americans are freak geniuss. Haha Nigerian Americans are the highest performing immigrant group in the u.s (more than e. Asians)look it up. Being around by these smart people I thought all Africans were smart.

Of course now I know that that is a horribly racist veiwpoint, because I know that intelligence largely depends on circumstances. That is the only difference between us an inner city Americans. And poor Africans in Europe.

Nevertheless, I always wished the college board would make seperate act scores for Africans & African Americans. Not because we are seperate  people but just to spread the word about how well Africans are doing academically. And let all the black people know that it's not inferiority gives them bad grades.

1 Like

Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by african1(f): 3:31am On Jul 07, 2011
When I was a kid I went to all white school and I got the best grades, except for math cry cry cry. I grew up thinking that I was as smart as anybody. I didn't think of inteligence based on ethinicity or race, but how much effort and hard work you put into something.

@ Pleep: Nigerians are the highest performing immigrant group in the us That is impressive. Very nice. Keep on doing whatever it is yall are doing. Show the white man whose the boss. wink wink wink
Re: Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? by pleep(m): 4:02am On Jul 07, 2011
^ isn't it funny how most people are awesome at either English/ history or math/science
but few people are really good at both?

Lol yea, I think it's because illigal immigrants can't swim to the u.s  lipsrsealed anyway I'm my brother is  the dumbest one Unfourtunally, they set the standards to high  sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival / The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town / King Onwa 'Eze Awo' Disgraced For Insulting Imo King Online. Photos/Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.