Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty (22204 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / N50 Stamp Duties POS Charge Begins / 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by Marcsunny(m): 4:56am On Nov 26, 2019
Good news pant trousers for male for 1500 and white shirt Tm&Next designer in wholesale and retail purchase.The brands are top Europe designers.Any colour kindly dm Customers outside lagos will pay a token for delivery.

Dm for instant delivery

Laptop bag

Jewelries

Plain and pattern available
Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by bigtt76(f): 5:13am On Nov 26, 2019
Poor reporting, it's the payment terminal service providers (PTSPs) mandated by government to ensure that the charges are collected that enabled it on the POS not the merchant's.

I however hope this would clear the heads of the merchant's who were charging N50 on every N1000 in a single transaction (that is a transaction of N5000 had a charge of N250 instead of N50) angry

But truth be told, the consumers can't just avoid the charges just pay with your card on the POS and avoid stress. If you want to pay with cash, supermarket guys will say no change or when you go to cash from the ATM, you're charged the N65 not on us charge, attempt bank transfers, you are charged N52.50 so which do you prefer?

Anyway, a small hack here.... If your transaction is upto N1000 and above, break the payments into two or multiple transactions .... na the bank go lose grin
Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by zutu(m): 5:23am On Nov 26, 2019
Daviddson:
Very good! Nigerians envy the likes of US, UK, Germany, etc, but they're not ready to do half of what those countries citizens did or are doing that make their country so prosperous - a big irony! What's ₦50 that educated youths have been complaining about for months now? Do you think if French people don't pay taxes, VAT, etc, they'll be where they are today? In most developed countries, almost everything you buy or sell is taxed, so why the fuss here over a mere N50?
what did you called those country? See my friend Nigeria is a scam, after collecting all this money, just observe the money will go into one man pocket.. Fear corruption.

1 Like

Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by dominique(f): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2019
Bamexconsult:
they av crippled d business already. access bank did not follow d policy when it was initiated from September 29th but early of Dis month de debited every agents @ #50 on previous transactions started from dat September. an agent was debited wit #200,000 bcus of d large volume of his transactions. I was debited wit 40k.

Na wah o. I don't normally patronize those POS people but I have friends in my neighborhood that do. One of them now asks me when next I'll be going towards the area where the banks are so I can help her withdraw. I know that's how a lot of people would have stopped using the POS agents except in times of emergency expenses. It's not fair the way this government keep introducing policies that doesn't favour businesses and consumers.
Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by valuedammy(m): 8:17am On Nov 26, 2019
Daviddson:
Very good! Nigerians envy the likes of US, UK, Germany, etc, but they're not ready to do half of what those countries citizens did or are doing that make their country so prosperous - a big irony! What's ₦50 that educated youths have been complaining about for months now? Do you think if French people don't pay taxes, VAT, etc, they'll be where they are today? In most developed countries, almost everything you buy or sell is taxed, so why the fuss here over a mere N50?
You don't seem to understand, paying tax every blessed day is not our problem in the country, the problem is how the proceeds from it will be siphoned by some useless set of people. In Nigeria we have been paying tax for a long time at the end people in power will use such for personal gains.
Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by beeveepee: 9:03am On Nov 26, 2019
Daviddson:
That's where you got it wrong. Nigerians have never resented paying tax or any levy for that matter. All we resent is using the money collected in buying luxury for the ruling class and their cronies.
In the advanced countries you cited, the citizens can enjoy the benefits of high taxation - good roads, functional hospital, efficient railway system, dependable road transport system. So they are happy to pay even more.
But what do we have here - retinue of avaricious consumption. We were here in this Forum yesterday when one national legislator boasted of six cars in his garage....3 for the former legislative year and another 3 for the current legislative year. Obviously those cars were not bought with proceeds from his farm - it's from this same tax and levies. So how do we not complain?

1 Like

Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by EgunMogaji2: 9:14am On Nov 26, 2019
ornicus:

Rubies account. Us lesser mortals do not understand, but we will find out

https://nairametrics.com/2019/06/18/rubies-bank-the-future-is-here/

so is rubies sort of like paypal in nigeria?

More like Capital One Bank in the USA.

It’s a full fledged bank except it’s online. All my accounts are there including business.

Really, if one is not on there then one is simply throwing money away.
Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by deniguy01(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2019
D
Daviddson:

Govt in some way subsidize power or how do you explain some people paying a paltry N2000 (less than $10) per month and getting an average of 12 hours per day?
When you pay less than N40k per year in federal universities, it's the taxes that were responsible for that ridiculously low tuition fee.

There's nobody who has money to go buy things at the supermarket with debit card who lives on less than ₦200 per day!

U sef . U get wahala
Re: Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty by cardoctor(m): 10:26am On Nov 26, 2019
Thieves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi / My Experience With Money Doublers / Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.