Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Chilli Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chilli Sauce (798 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Soup, Stew And Sauce? / Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) / Shredded Beef Sauce Preparation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chilli Sauce by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:16am On Nov 22, 2010
Hi,
While getting stuffs for school, i had to get a chilli sauce i picked up amoy chilli sauce in a hurry. The problem with this is that it contain more of vinegar than of chilli.The chilli is just 40%.
I used it a part of my quick breakfast and not too good. Please could someone tell me any other extra hot chilli sauce. Preferably mexican, low vinegar content and available withtin lagos. Thanks
Re: Chilli Sauce by ezine2010(f): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2010
Why dont u make it at home??

Buy a packet of chilies from your local food store. Rinse them thoroughly. Remove any attached stems and place them in a deep pan. Add water until all the chilies are covered. Place the pan on the stove and let it boil and cook at a medium flame.

Remove the pan once the chilies are completely soft and there is still some water left at the bottom of the pan. Let the chilies cool.

Put the chilies and the remaining water in a food processor or a blender. Add vinegar(as u wish), tomato ketchup, sugar and black pepper. Blend the ingredients until they resemble a fine paste.

Taste the chili sauce before placing it in air-tight containers. Store the containers in the refrigerator.

i love green chilli sauce
Re: Chilli Sauce by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2010
Thanks,
i didn't want to go through the , of making it myself. i'd give it a try.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I ? / Best And Worst Foods For Digestion / Fantastic Business Opportunity In Alakuko!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.