Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

She Is A Ritualist - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / She Is A Ritualist (487 Views)

I Am Not A Ritualist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is A Ritualist by ankaurspeaks(m): 5:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
SHE IS A RITUALIST

This is becoming worrisome and unbearable. We can no longer tolerate the reprisal of this indecorous act. Na wetin self, ọkụ a na - eme kwa afọ.

It's so sad to witness life hard earnings damaged in a twinkle of an eye. The recent Balogun Market fire disaster saddens the heart.

A fabric store, in particular, was the point of attention. The building, and goods worth millions of Naira were razed completely.

While at the scene of the incident, I saw shop owners from closeby buildings throwing out their wares. They feared a recurrence of the Ochanja market fire disaster in Anambra state, where the whole market got burnt.

On one side, eyewitnesses were narrating how the heartbreaking incident started. Few commenters were also discussing how fetish the owner of the fabrics store was. They all claim the fire disaster is a way the said owner uses to fulfill her covenant.

Fulfilling covenant? Do you mean she does rituals? I was impelled to ask for proof of such a strong allegation.

An Igbo woman responded in a mixture of her dialect and pidgin. "My brother, ọkụ a na - eme kwa afọ. N'ụzọ dị ịtụnanya, she go just gather like say nothing don happen. If next month reach nau, ụlọ ahịa ya ga-ejupụta n’ihe ndepụta ọhụụ. I'm sure Ọ na-eji ọgbụgba ndụ ahụ weghachi nkwa ya na chi ọ na-efe."

Meaning, "My brother, this fire happens every year. Surprisingly, this woman always gets up as nothing has happened. Next month, her store will be full of new listings. I'm certain she uses the covenant to restore her promises to the gods she serves."

I smiled but was astounded at how people fail to understand what made victims get on their feet after such an enormous loss. Instead of yearning for the cause, they chose to resolve to spirituality.

Anyway, as for me, the spirituality in this context is INSURANCE. The woman in question must have insured her wares, hence her sudden rise.

As a business person, insuring your assets should be a top priority. Series of Accidents happened in big companies every now and then. Yes, some have been insuring for years without any critical issues reported. But did they lose anything? Definitely not. They are only sowing seeds that will eventually be reaped in cases of an unexpected incident of this magnitude.

My people, It is wise to ensure that your businesses are insured and appear like a ritualist than to lose your life hard earnings as an ignorant saint.

1 Share

Re: She Is A Ritualist by olureignforever: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2019
Marketing strategy.
Re: She Is A Ritualist by 4element: 1:34am On Nov 26, 2019
A good business man/woman must consider insuring his/her good before thinking of profit. The problem is that many goes into business without thinking of way out in case of calamity to their business. Even in europe worker have personal life insurance. should in the case of accident or death. And if something terrible happens, he is covered by insurance. There are many houses in Nigeria without house insurance. I think it high time in Nigeria that the Government should start educating people about the importance of having insurances.
Many people who use charm to protect their shop or houses from thief, according to their believe, should know that charms can not protect their houses from fire accident.
Re: She Is A Ritualist by 4element: 1:34am On Nov 26, 2019
4element:
A good business man/woman must consider insuring his/her good before thinking of profit. The problem is that many goes into business without thinking of way out in case of calamity to their business. Even in europe worker have personal life insurance. should in the case of accident or death. And if something terrible happens, he is covered by insurance. There are many houses in Nigeria without house insurance. I think it high time in Nigeria that the Government should start educating people about the importance of having insurances.
Many people who use charm to protect their shop or houses from thief, according to their believe, should know that charms can not protect their houses from fire accident.

(1) (Reply)

A Cool Website That Pays You To Write / Challenges Of Nigerian Authors/upcoming Writers In Nigeria / The Abomination - Episode 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.