Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? (2215 Views)

2022: Don't Listen To Prophets Of Doom, Prophet Abiara Tells Nigerians / Exposing Nigeria Fake Pastors And Prophets / Nigerian Pastors And Prophets Compare To Biblical Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
The gospel of mammon teaches that a rich man is blessed simply because of riches, regardless of how he made them, whether he had gotten them through illicit means, he is blessed.

Even if he likes let him be wicked and disobedient to God as the rich man in hell, it doesn't matter because he is blessed according to the gospel of mammon.

Luke 16:22-24 (KJV)

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

I spit on that demonic gospel from hell that has taken many there.
Same with rich fool:

Luke 12:16-20 (KJV)

16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Re: Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2019
The pharisees were preachers of the gospel of mammon themselves, so they used Earthly riches to justify themselves as being blessed before men, but this was Jesus what had to say about them:

Luke 16:15 (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

So it was a big lie that they were blessed because of worldly riches as the gospel of mammon preaches, because they were an abomination in the sight of God where the life of a man doesn't consist in the abundance of possessions he has.

Therefore in truth they were cursed as this was what awaited them if they continued in their mammon-worshipping ways and don't repent:

Luke 16:9-14 (KJV)

9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

So the gospel of mammon is from the pit of hell, and is only intended to take people there.

God bless.
Re: Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? by BlueAngel444: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
The pharisees were preachers of the gospel of mammon themselves, so they used Earthly riches to justify themselves as being blessed before men, but this was Jesus what had to say about them:

Luke 16:15 (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

So it was a big lie that they were blessed because of worldly riches as the gospel of mammon preaches, because they were an abomination in the sight of God where the life of a man doesn't consist in the abundance of possessions he has.

Therefore in truth they were cursed as this was what awaited them if they continued in their mammon-worshipping ways and don't repent:

Luke 16:9-14 (KJV)

9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

So the gospel of mammon is from the pit of hell, and is only intended to take people there.

God bless.

The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.
Luke 16:14

Even our present day "pharisees" love money

“Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ Matthew 23:16

Yes the gospel of mammon is Carnality and of the devil

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
“All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Matthew 4:8-9

Money has always been a tool the devil uses to entrap men

Woe to them! For they have run riotously in the way of Cain, and have abandoned themselves for the sake of gain [it offers them, following] the error of Balaam, and have perished in rebellion [like that] of Korah!

Jude 1:11

1 Like

Re: Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
BlueAngel444:

The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.
Luke 16:14

Even our present day "pharisees" love money

“Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ Matthew 23:16

Yes the gospel of mammon is Carnality and of the devil

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
“All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Matthew 4:8-9

Money has always been a tool the devil uses to entrap men

Woe to them! For they have run riotously in the way of Cain, and have abandoned themselves for the sake of gain [it offers them, following] the error of Balaam, and have perished in rebellion [like that] of Korah!

Jude 1:11
Very well said.

The bolded saying perfectly illustrates the orientation of the Pharisees, and the extent to which they place mammon above God.

If Jesus didn't let them rest then, He would do the same to them now if He were here.

Thanks for sharing.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2019
Re: The Gospel Of Mammon Teaches That The Life Of A Consists In Riches He Has.

Antichrist's gospel!
Re: Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2019
jesusjnr:
The Gospel Of Mammon Teaches That The Life Of A Consists In Riches He Has.

Antichrist's gospel!
That's the Antichrist' gospel of mammon but this is the Gospel of Christ:

"Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." {Luke 12:15 (KJV)}
Re: Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2019
jesusjnr:
That's the Antichrist' gospel of mammon but this is the Gospel of Christ:

"Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." {Luke 12:15 (KJV)}
A poor prophet Elijah is richer than all the rich prophets of mammon combined when it came to true riches:

Luke 12:20-21 (KJV)

20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confessions Of An Evil Man / Exposing The Secrete Fellowship On Religious Church / Chris Brown Says He’s Tired Of Worshipping The Devil…and God Spoke To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.