Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range (849 Views)

Caught One Of The Birds That Usually Attacks My Free Range Chickens. / Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? / Snail Farm Construction (free Range Curtain Method) In Nigeria,africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range by Nigerfine3: 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hello house, please I need help on how to treat your site on a free range snail farm.
Do you do that just once,or per period.
How long could the treated land be before you bring in brooding stock.
Re: Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range by TTGIL: 8:42am On Nov 26, 2019
Good day,

This is an opportunity to help your loved ones by passing this information to them.

A rare opportunity to attend our Snail Farming, Grasscutter Farming, Introduction to Beekeeping and Foodstuff Export Training at a total cost of N5,000. This offer is available for limited time.

VENUE: THE THY GLOBAL OFFICE.

4, Ismail AbdulAzeez Street,

Singer Bus Stop, Sango Ota, Ogun State.

Read more: http://exportfromnigeria.info/thread/2515/bonanza-offer-000-grab-chance#ixzz66HCheOMh
Re: Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range by Baroba(m): 10:53am On Nov 26, 2019
This is the reason why am not a big fan of free range, controlling pest and predators can be a real headache. you just have to remove the stock and treat the soil with hot water, obviously you can't use chemical..

A good preventive measure will be to ensure you have gutter filled with water going round the entire pen, even with that, I have still witnessed termites invading a pen..Those burrowing insects are your worst nightmare..

You can treat your soil as many times as you like, once you are satisfied then introduce your stock..But do remember, you have to keep monitoring every day, atreated soil does not prevent or stop nematodes, insects and parasites returning..

1 Like

Re: Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range by Nigerfine3: 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
Baroba:
This is the reason why am not a big fan of free range, controlling pest and predators can be a real headache. you just have to remove the stock and treat the soil with hot water, obviously you can't use chemical..

A good preventive measure will be to ensure you have gutter filled with water going round the entire pen, even with that, I have still witnessed termites invading a pen..Those burrowing insects are your worst nightmare..

You can treat your soil as many times as you like, once you are satisfied then introduce your stock..But do remember, you have to keep monitoring every day, atreated soil does not prevent or stop nematodes, insects and parasites returning..
Thanks a million. ...do you have idea of better chemical to use treating the soil. I'm talking about large land .
Re: Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range by Nigerfine3: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
Opinions are invited by experts.
Re: Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range by Nigerfine3: 4:35am On Apr 09, 2020
Please I need help from free range snail farmers

(1) (Reply)

Is 500k Enough To Start A Fish Farm? Please Help! / I Caught This Young Python That Swallowed Frog In My Site This Evening (photos) / Rice Milling Process Detail Introduction By Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.