Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? (8829 Views)

Farmers How Much Are You Selling Your Chickens For Christmas? / How Safe Is Your Farm From Herdsmen Activities? / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by recklesslove: 11:51am On Apr 11, 2023
Good morning farmers. Please how are you guys coping with insecurity and herdsmen activity? Please if your place is safe n there are available lands for farming please kindly notify. Herdsmen wan finish person for here in Ovia Edo state.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by zeuss: 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
recklesslove:
Good morning farmers. Please how are you guys coping with insecurity and herdsmen activity? Please if your place is safe n there are available lands for farming please kindly notify. Herdsmen wan finish person for here in Ovia Edo state.

Why una no finish them too.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by didroon43: 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
recklesslove:

This is both painful and sad to hear. Sorry about this.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by recklesslove: 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
How are u guys coping?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by schoolboymatt(m): 5:26am On Apr 15, 2023
so sad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Earthstorms(m): 7:01am On Apr 16, 2023
recklesslove:

I have somewhere in Delta state close to Ologbo with no herdsmen wahala.

I have another farm about 5km from this farm with herdsmen wahala.

For the one with herdsmen wahala, we engage the locals who are giving the herdsmen backing. We threaten the locals with lawsuits, drag them before the local government chairman, expose them to the community as the ones who brought herdsmen into the community to be causing crop damages.

This approach has help in reducing the herdsmen damage as their local sponsors try to save their necks by reigning in the herdsmen as much as possible.

You can try this approach. There is always a local indigene collecting money from the herdsmen in the community and giving them backing to go a graze in the bush around the community. Get that indigene and harass him to pay for the herdsmen damages.

You can also use water to blackmail the herdsmen into not destroying your crops. Checkout who they are getting drinking water from and make the person to stop giving water to any herdman that uses his cow to destroy crops or any herdsman that grazes his cows at night.

I can give you a land where there is no herdsmen wahala but it is a forest land so you will have to do some tree felling before you can grow your crops

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by BigDawsNet: 3:00pm On May 09, 2023
Just buy 5 Rot

It will do the needful

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by JoeEeL(m): 3:01pm On May 09, 2023
Oh, is that an Edo man complaining. Wow, wow pls let me laff small, ma binu. grin

I can remember when I used to shout and voice out the danger of one nigeria and why nigeria remaining one spells certain invasion by these terrorists. I remember some edo little boys on this nairaland mocking me. That was as far back as 2020, 2021. They told me all manner of things that edo is different, that they could try the sh*t in other places but edo.

In 2021, MN Kanu was kidnapped from Kenya. I remember a lot of you laughed. Igboho's house was attacked. Maybe because Igboho is not as loud as Kanu, his own mockery was reduced but he was still mocked.

Some of you here yabbed IPOB, ESN. Called them terrorists... People defending their own lands.

Now is the time of reckoning. At this stage, nobody pities anybody. You must have heard the phrase: "Gbogbo wa la ma je breakfast".

P.S: That some of you still call them herdsmen only shows you don't yet know what is up against you. In Darfur, they used camels. In Sokoto, they used horses. Today, they used cattle. These are mechanisms, only the wise will understand, not a typical zoogerian.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by inoki247: 3:01pm On May 09, 2023
Lol
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 09, 2023
grin grin grin wow, see JAMB question ooh
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by rainmoredays: 3:01pm On May 09, 2023
As Buhari dey carry him yeye go, I hope we farmers laugh again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by EdiskyHarry: 3:01pm On May 09, 2023
I really pity Farmers in Nigeria.
But there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Ologundudu2020: 3:01pm On May 09, 2023
This one thing stopping me from mechanize farming yet. The fear of the unknown in Nigeria.
Imagine having about 10 hectares of cassava plantation and someone come to hack you to death while harvesting

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by LordEclipse: 3:02pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:

Nothing like herdsmen issues here in my part of Abia.. Them no born them well.. The scores go clear their doubt if them try

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by oluwaseyi0: 3:03pm On May 09, 2023
Buahri really ruin this country with his brazzen tactical support for herdmen killing

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by AImiron: 3:04pm On May 09, 2023
Goan buy gun

7 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by butpro(m): 3:04pm On May 09, 2023
I hope Baba tinubu choses his cabinet very well fromi minister of agriculture to AGF. These are few ministers that determine the smooth runnin of the government. Besides, all those intervention funds that only goes to the northern part of the country should be evenly distributed. Ministers of water resources have impacted only the north.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Burgerlomo: 3:04pm On May 09, 2023
😎

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Enddy50ty(m): 3:04pm On May 09, 2023
I was having this same discussion with my friend late last night about the challenges farmers are facing and the threat to food security in the country.
Especially farmers in the middle belt, Places like Nasarawa, Benue, Plateau and recently Edo, Delta and Ebonyi.
There have always been clashes between farmers and hearders in the past but this Buhari’s administration empowered and tactically empowered them, made them supercharged and fearless that they could attack any community and nothing will happen.
Miyetti Allah became the identity of the dreaded group that constantly dished out press conferences and telling Nigerians why they attacked a community.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by butpro(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2023
bobobenz:
NOW THAT A DRUG BARON AND TERRORIST IS NOW PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT ELECT THINGS GO WORSE
lets hope things change for better or best. Yhe suffering is just much. I hope i make my own in the government
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Marveeno(m): 3:10pm On May 09, 2023
Here is safe.. Edo state I mean
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Okundaye4(m): 3:10pm On May 09, 2023
Earthstorms:

For the one with herdsmen wahala, we engage the locals who are giving the herdsmen backing. We threaten the locals with lawsuits, drag them before the local government chairman, expose them to the community as the ones who brought herdsmen into the community to be causing crop damages.

This approach has help in reducing the herdsmen damage as their local sponsors try to save their necks by reigning in the herdsmen as much as possible.

You can try this approach. There is always a local indigene collecting money from the herdsmen in the community and giving them backing to go a graze in the bush around the community. Get that indigene and harass him to pay for the herdsmen damages.

You can also use water to blackmail the herdsmen into not destroying your crops. Checkout who they are getting drinking water from and make the person to stop giving water to any herdman that uses his cow to destroy crops or any herdsman that grazes his cows at night.

I can give you a land where there is no herdsmen wahala but it is a forest land so you will have to do some tree felling before you can grow your crops

Your contact please

2 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by ablejesus26(m): 3:13pm On May 09, 2023
Earthstorms:

True talk man👍🏼
But in some places,the heardmen wahala goes beyond arrangee from corrupt indegines.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by GeneralPula: 3:15pm On May 09, 2023
Most of these herdsmen story are tales..

Farming is going on smoothly..

2 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Emmastan291: 3:15pm On May 09, 2023
Tinubu Can do better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snail Farming How Profitable? / Groundnut Oil & Palm Kernel Oil Processing/extraction Business In Nigeria. / Poultry Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.