Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? (544 Views)

My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. / Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? / Man 'fights' His Late Father For Including His Female Children In His Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by Billionsclub: 5:41am On Nov 26, 2019
Living as a teacher, I have seen some things that breaks my heart. one of which are IRRESPONSIBLE FATHERS. They may pay school fees for their children but they are never sensitive to their children. It breaks my heart. They pose or appear they are doing their best for their kids but the truth is, they are just living in shadows.
One of the girls I tutored, her dad when he has a feud with Tue mum, the children normally suffers for it. The man takes it on his female children.
Another female student dad nags for every little thing the girl does. The man is like a bully because know him a little
Fathers hear this and hear me well, "when discipline is not mixed with love, it becomes harshness and perhaps wickedness.
No one is saying u should not discipline your child but there is an adage that says "when you beat a child with your right hand, draw the child with the other hand.
Besides they say" too much of everything is bad. scolding them everytime will make them think you don't love them. Ask yourself these questions
1. When Last did you discuss or interact with your female child
2. When last did you tell her you love her because if u Dont tell her that u love her, when she finds someone that tells her that outside, she will easily be deceived
3. When last did u show your female daughter love. You can show love by buying her gifts, watching a movie with her, playing with her
4. Teach her about sex education
Finally, I know mothers are also guilty of this, because there is a lady friend, she was guilty of this, but she quickly notice her daughter was becoming distant, after telling her the above word, she began to see change. Father take your daughter seriously, who knows, she might be the answers u have been praying for. Good morning everyone

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by Karleb(m): 5:58am On Nov 26, 2019
The problem is only a problem when it involves the female child, right?

OP! You are a fuc.cktard!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by BBBmall25: 6:01am On Nov 26, 2019
And You Noticed This In One Father And Then Blame It On All Fathers!? Have U Also Been To Homes Whic Such Action Are Regular Phase Toward Male Children, Or U'er Jst Trying Hard To Be Gender Bias? Ur Post Is Trash And Inconclusive My Friend!
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by tpiar: 6:08am On Nov 26, 2019
They call this throwing shades.

Who are you talking to?
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by Frank123Tim: 6:33am On Nov 26, 2019
What he or she said is true. U can take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by MyNation(m): 11:01am On Nov 26, 2019
Totally false. And see how the generalized of this bullshit on Fathers as a whole.

We are know that is the Fathers that love the female child the most.

Is there a campaign by a certain group to hate the male figure worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 26, 2019
This is very misleading. Remember that according to statistics men are better parents.

Prove me wrong?
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by Acidosis(m): 11:28am On Nov 26, 2019
MyNation:
Totally false. And see how the generalized of this bullshit on Fathers as a whole.

Absolutely.
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by Acidosis(m): 11:30am On Nov 26, 2019
Change your school @OP. Your experiences will change when you leave that public school in Okokomaiko for a better and decent school in a different location. Your daily experiences are peculiar to the environment you live in. It's an environmental, not a social problem.
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by ireneidiva(f): 11:41am On Nov 26, 2019
And sons?
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by cococandy(f): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
First you’re right that providing money isn’t the only parental responsibility of a father.

However the men who behave in such manners don’t specifically single out their daughters to treat in such ways. It’s just the influence of their cultural beliefs on them which they do exhibit to all their kids, male and female alike.

If anything, they might even be more emotionally available for their daughters than their sons. Truly.

I feel like your post is skewed in the wrong direction.
All children do indeed need physical displays of love and affection from their fathers but no gender needs it more than the sons do.
They need everything you’ve typed in your post including constant hugs and kisses.

The world is hurting for it to become a norm.
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by KevinDein: 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
MyNation:

grin
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by Triniti(m): 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2019
Op, it’s not just the daughters alone. I don’t know whether Na buhari economy be the cause or not, fathers these days are not living up to expectations in terms of interacting with their kids. They don’t go out for ice cream with the kids, will never create a special moment to communicate with these kids.

This why when they die, the kids are nonchalant about the whole thing, then don’t miss them because there’s was never any bond created while growing up and living together. Years ago, fathers used to take their kids to special places like airports, train tracks and station,zoo, stadiums and other fun fare activities, that way you leave a lasting impression in the mind of your child.

These little things matters so much in the mind of little kids as they become quite inquisitive seeing them on tv. Men these days thinks it’s all about paying school fees and dropping money at home for upkeeps, not knowing the kids will always see their mom as the one providing all their needs.

Men should stop being harsh all the time at home, your little kids should not be scared to up to you with his/her school assignment. Create a special bonding moment to ask about their school and social life, yes talk to that child like and adult once in a while, that way he/she will always open up to you if there’s any problem they are facing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by ctleurocollege: 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
If you wanna talk about sons open another topic. OP has done his own
Re: Why Are Fathers Not Helping Our Female Children? by bukatyne(f): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
cococandy:
First you’re right that providing money isn’t the only parental responsibility of a father.

However the men who behave in such manners don’t specifically single out their daughters to treat in such ways. It’s just the influence of their cultural beliefs on them which they do exhibit to all their kids, male and female alike.

If anything, they might even be more emotionally available for their daughters than their sons. Truly.

I feel like your post is skewed in the wrong direction.
All children do indeed need physical displays of love and affection from their fathers but no gender needs it more than the sons do.
They need everything you’ve typed in your post including constant hugs and kisses.

The world is hurting for it to become a norm.

You have said it all.

Except a father who doesn't want female kids, a bad father would probably have a favorite (male or female) and fail towards his remaining kids.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: New Way Of Barbing Hair Deviced / Man Divorces Wife Two Days After Wedding After Finding Out She Was A Man / What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.