Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 (24845 Views)

LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product / Buy Airtime of N50 On This App And Get INSTANT N500 Bonus into ur Bank Account / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by edo3(m): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2019
ceejay80s:

Just won 34million today and bet9ja close down, dem must GI e me ma money
Are u serious?
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by Goalnaldo(m): 8:55am On Nov 26, 2019
Hmm. And we still have 4 years to go that's if the Baba's decision to rule for 3rd term is negligible. We, the common man, we go fit survive this next level Soo?
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by Odmic2839(m): 8:56am On Nov 26, 2019
edo3:
Anybody experiencing bet9ja network failure? because i wan injure dem 2day o. Yes bro. The site has been down for over 3-4hours now.

As for d fuel,, no amount of talk can change anything because ds people ruling us know say Nigerians are cowards..Do anything to us,, one week too far everything dies down.

Abeg who go help me beg UBA?? Yesterday dem just remove like 500naira for my account.. The money i wan use drink beer to help my BP so that I no go just die like that..
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by Greenback: 8:58am On Nov 26, 2019
Buhari izza working,walai gaskiya. grin
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by hybridblood07(m): 8:59am On Nov 26, 2019
Bros, drop games for me too.
edo3:
Anybody experiencing bet9ja network failure? because i wan injure dem 2day o.

As for d fuel,, no amount of talk can change anything because ds people ruling us know say Nigerians are cowards..Do anything to us,, one week too far everything dies down.

Abeg who go help me beg UBA?? Yesterday dem just remove like 500naira for my account.. The money i wan use drink beer to help my BP so that I no go just die like that..
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by grandstar(m): 9:00am On Nov 26, 2019
Is it just me, it seems there are longer queues at filling stations now.

Peeps don't want to pay back to government
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by xtremeTall(m): 9:06am On Nov 26, 2019
legalwealth:
They have been charging it
yes,,sure
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by ceejay80s(m): 9:08am On Nov 26, 2019
edo3:
Are u serious?
Yes na!!! I got 7 correct Score right yesterday
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by EngrXrix(m): 9:08am On Nov 26, 2019
jarawa:
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has announced that beginning from December 1, 2019, a fee of N50 will be charged on all Point of Sale (PoS) transactions from N1,000 at petrol stations. IPMAN, which members own 19,000 out of the 25,000 registered filling stations said this in an advertorial published on Monday, saying it was based on a directive of “the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) dated 17th September, 2019, to all commercial banks that charges of taxes and duties be imposed on all electronic transactions.

“In view of the foregoing, the general public should please note that this additional charge shall be deducted at source by the commercial banks in compliance with the directive above. Therefore, IPMAN is in no way beneficiary to it,” IPMAN noted. However, President of IPMAN, Chinedu Okoronkwo told Daily Trust that he did not sign the notice and was unaware of it.

Loading.. Copy video url Play / Pause Mute / Unmute Report a problem Language Mox Player “It is not true. (The public notice has) no address and was not signed,” and added that the notice could be the work of fraudsters and did not emanate from IPMAN. Daily Trust reports that CBN in September, 2019 directed banks to charge N50 Stamp Duty on individual transactions that occur on PoS.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pos-fuel-stations-to-charge-n50-on-product-sales-from-dec-1.html

You see it’s things like this that makes Nigeria seem backwards. There was a time Cbn rewarded pos users just to boost cashless policy. Now u are taking it back. People who govern Nigeria don’t know Nigeria. Nigerians would rather pay cash than pay that 50naira.
They just took us back to cash use days.
One step forward, .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by BanevsJoker(m): 9:09am On Nov 26, 2019
Nathdoug201:
Them wan finish us with charges for this failed country
I call it stupidity tax, for supporting Buhari.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by Berankis: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2019
edo3:
Anybody experiencing bet9ja network failure? because i wan injure dem 2day o.

Carzy werey man! grin
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by BanevsJoker(m): 9:12am On Nov 26, 2019
SlyPe:
I've been paying the #50 since October,may God save us in this country.
Should He? Nah, you don't deserve it, enjoy your change.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by BanevsJoker(m): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2019
MrNipplesLover:
Since Una wan do am by force... anytime I wan buy fuel and wan to use the POS, and I wan buy N5000 fuel, I will just be buying N500, till e reach N5000 fuel I intend buying.

una think say una stubborn abi.

4 naira SMS alert charge per transaction.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by cyril10(m): 9:17am On Nov 26, 2019
SlimBrawnie:
They've already started charging me since on Saturday. Is this how they want to encourage the whole cashless society thing? The charges are becoming something else and soon a lot of people may just have to move around with cash to make transactions.

They started since the beginning of this month of November.

1 Like

Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by walemi21(m): 9:18am On Nov 26, 2019
Corporate robbery, daylight stealing...

how are they now promoting cashless economy

I need a jail break....

1 Like

Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by Donphilly(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2019
Restopark in Rumuodara Junction, Port Harcourt already charged me N50 during my last transaction last week ago.

Was that illegal since they said it will start by 1st December.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by fof1: 9:25am On Nov 26, 2019
jarawa:
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has announced that beginning from December 1, 2019, a fee of N50 will be charged on all Point of Sale (PoS) transactions from N1,000 at petrol stations. IPMAN, which members own 19,000 out of the 25,000 registered filling stations said this in an advertorial published on Monday, saying it was based on a directive of “the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) dated 17th September, 2019, to all commercial banks that charges of taxes and duties be imposed on all electronic transactions.

“In view of the foregoing, the general public should please note that this additional charge shall be deducted at source by the commercial banks in compliance with the directive above. Therefore, IPMAN is in no way beneficiary to it,” IPMAN noted. However, President of IPMAN, Chinedu Okoronkwo told Daily Trust that he did not sign the notice and was unaware of it.

Loading.. Copy video url Play / Pause Mute / Unmute Report a problem Language Mox Player “It is not true. (The public notice has) no address and was not signed,” and added that the notice could be the work of fraudsters and did not emanate from IPMAN. Daily Trust reports that CBN in September, 2019 directed banks to charge N50 Stamp Duty on individual transactions that occur on PoS.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pos-fuel-stations-to-charge-n50-on-product-sales-from-dec-1.html

IPMAN. PLS THIS IS A BELATED PUBLICATION. BECAUSE, FILLING STATIONS IN PH HAVE BEEN CHARGING SAME SINCE 1ST NOVEMBER. I HAVE BEEN PAYING THIS LEVY FOR MY POS USES IN AND OUT OF D PETROL STATIONS. FRAUDULENT GOVERNMENT DECISIONS THAT WILL DISCOURAGE D MASSES ANY DAY.

1 Like

Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 26, 2019
LMAO ��� I started paying cash since early last month because of this. The people who approved this policy were high on crystal meth.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by emoo4: 9:29am On Nov 26, 2019
Just remove 50Naira from the money you want to buy fuel with i.e Tell attendant to put 1950 and pay 2000. Chikena! FG wahala too much. We do not see what these taxes do.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by galadima77(m): 9:34am On Nov 26, 2019
edoairways:
Then I pay cash instead of POS. CBN coming up with useless policy that can be circumvented

From 2.5% tax increment to this and many others yet unknown that are grooming!

It shall be well
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by edoairways: 9:35am On Nov 26, 2019
uuzba:

They collect N65 for withdrawing the cash from ATM.
Just keep all your salary under your mattress
And it can't be circumvented I suppose right or I would use zenith bank debit card on UBA ATM machine huh?
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by johnisaola(m): 9:36am On Nov 26, 2019
Confuse government with comedians cabinate
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:37am On Nov 26, 2019
BanevsJoker:

4 naira SMS alert charge per transaction.

embarassed

this is physical scam.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by monichannel: 9:39am On Nov 26, 2019
I've been paying the 50bucks for over one month now
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by And9: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2019
Already implemented since September in Bayelsa State. What a yabash country. undecided
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by theManOfGod(m): 9:56am On Nov 26, 2019
The CBN claims to encourage cashless policy yet they are giving citizens reasons to carry cash around.
Confused regulators.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by onyxo76(m): 9:56am On Nov 26, 2019
I just don't understand some things in this country, you want to reduce cash transactions yet you tax the other platforms for making transactions making everyone to go back to cash transactions, in an ideal setting I should be getting bonuses periodically for doing cashless transactions but it's the other way around in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by edibobo: 10:00am On Nov 26, 2019
Some stations like Total Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way Ikeja have started debiting buyers via POS transactions.
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by Emekayoung(m): 10:04am On Nov 26, 2019
It has started already. Any pos transaction above 1k attracts additional 50naira. Not only filling stations.

1 Like

Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by bigfather(m): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2019
Something wey dem don dey collect sinceee
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:13am On Nov 26, 2019
hehehehe!! this is Nigeria.
more to come
Re: Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 by kemjoe: 11:01am On Nov 26, 2019
Most of the filling stations here in Port harcourt have already started deducting the 50 naira.
Won't there be any penalty for those who have started collecting this money illegally?
I have tried complaining even up to the extent of refusing to buy if they add that amount but it did not yield any dividend.
Nigerians are their worst enemies who always capitalize on any opportunity to swindle their fellow citizens and the government is not helping matters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID / See How Aliko Dangote Got Painted By Ayeola Ayodeji / Court Restrains Dangote, Police From Interfering With BUA Mining Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.