Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin (54783 Views)

Edwin Azike: Kidnappers Murder Imo Monarch, Dump Body In Market Square / ‘yahoo Yahoo’: Guide Your Children Against Quick Money - EFCC Urges Parents / Edwin Mbaeyi's Palace Set On Fire By Imo Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by AkachiNwog: 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
Breaking: EFCC Arrests Kirikiri Prison Boss, Doctor who aided $1m deals from Police

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested the head of the Kirikiri Prisons, Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, a Deputy Controller and another top official of the Nigeria Correctional Services, Hemeson Edson Edwin, for aiding a convicted fraudster to transact several business deals worth over $1 million from inside.

The two top officials, according to the Spokesman for the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, were arrested on Monday for helping a convict, Hope Olusegun Aroke, who is serving a 24-year jail term, to escape from the Prisons and be lodged at the Police Hospital also in Lagos under the pretext of being ill and using that excuse to freely transact numerous deals and attend social events in the town.

The statement made available to Vanguard on Tuesday said that while Emmanuel Oluwaniyi is the Controller, Kirikiri Maximum Prison, Hemesen Edwin is in charge of the medical facility, who gave the convict the referral letter that enables him to get out of the prison as a patient in need of urgent medical attention at the Police Hospital when he was not sick in the first place.

Vanguard gathered that the two men had already given what EFCC describes as ‘useful information’ to the Commission about their alleged involvement in the crime.

It will be recalled that Aroke, also known as H.Money, had masterminded a mega scam to the tune of over $1m scam.

He committed the alleged crime from prison, using a network of accomplices.

Aroke was one of the two Malaysia-based Nigerian undergraduate fraudsters arrested by the EFCC towards the end of 2012 at the 1004 Housing Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos, following a tip-off.

Aroke, who hails from Okene in Kogi State, had claimed to be a student of Computer Science at the Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University, Malaysia.

However, investigations by the Commission revealed Aroke as the arrowhead of an intricate web of an internet fraud scheme that traverses two continents.

When Aroke was arrested, a search conducted by EFCC operatives on his apartment led to the recovery of several items such as laptops, iPad, traveling documents, cheque books, flash drives, internet modem, and three exotic cars – a Mercedes Benz Jeep, One 4Matic Mercedes Benz Car and a Range Rover Sport SUV.

He was eventually convicted by Justice Lateefa Okunnu of the Lagos State High Court, Ikeja on two counts of obtaining money by false pretence, cheque cloning, wire transfer and forgery.

He was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment on each of the two counts.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/breaking-efcc-arrests-kirikiri-prison-boss-doctor-who-aided-1m-deals-from-police-hospital/amp/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Abdul05: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by RichDad1(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sensationalism undecided undecided
As if the government is not aware of the grand scale of corruption, fraud and sodomy that has become a huge part and parcel of our various prisons.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by DeeFlask(m): 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2019
Jailer is about to get jailed

165 Likes 3 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
I'm in chains you're in chains too
I wear uniforms and you wear uniforms too
You're a prisoner too Mr Jailer
I have fears you have fears too
I will die, you sef go die too
Life is beautiful
Don't you think so too Mr Jailer
I'm talking to you jailer
Let he who is without sin -
Be the first to cast the stone Mr Jailer, Mr Jailer Man
You suppress all my strategies
You oppress every part of me
What you don't know,
You're a victim too Mr Jailer

Make I stop here

294 Likes 17 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by oz4real83(m): 4:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
The punishment for criminal activities for Nigerian big men is too lenient. That is why our big men always run to the courts when caught. Even if this man is convicted despite this henious crime, he won't get more than 5 years imprisonment. Somebody like this deserves a long term sentence of at least 50 years. If this is done, our people will run away from crime.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by shiki(m): 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
According to MAX FM,
The reason for the arrest was forging of fake medical report to help a victim in efcc custody to secure a medical treatment abroad

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by beresponsible(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
About time. When you play with criminals and you start thinking you are a criminal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by rentAcock(m): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
It's very easy for the average police man to get seduced by these fraudsters when large sums of money Is involved. I can imagine this fraudster inmate approaching the prison official and offering him money can upgrade his life somewhat. Imagine going from having like 200k in your bank account to 10million by doing nothing at all. What makes it worse is many people still think of internet fraud as a victimless crime so it must have been easy for this prison official to justify letting this fraudster to roam free and scam more people.

17 Likes

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by SolarForce: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Hmmm... Everybody is getting arrested grin
Warris going on shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
Afonja

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Dobson43: 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
sad
Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by nauto: 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
grin
Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
cheesy
Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by DirtyGold: 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
Everybody's got a price and he could comfortably afford them both.
This life is funny sha

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Imran1477: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
H Money one time bailers before IG stunts...24yrs and another jail terms loading with this $1m fraud....Guy man can never learn!!

7 Likes

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by realstars: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
T
Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by lukui: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
The fear of EFCC is the beginning of.........

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by tadas: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
gan gan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Bshowguy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
EFCC oko fraudsters. I wish they can divert same energy towards corrupt politicians too

Meanwhile, I've good quality stone free Nigeria Rice at a cheaper price, strictly wholesales. location; Sokoto. 50kg @14,500. for contact check my signature �
Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Zombiekiller010: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
Serving jail term and attending social events shocked

3 Likes

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by BlackCrainte: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
Judiciary is too weak

The three of them should have been sentenced to death or life imprisonment

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
grin

MONEY ANSWERETH ALL THINGS..

A prisoner attending social events. No wonder, MOMPHA SMILED, in court.

6 Likes

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by itsme01: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
grin
Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Monaco2(m): 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lol nigga was attending social events in town cheesy partee after partee grin who no like better thing sote police sef with doctor follo join help am, this life eehhhn just have money doors go just dey open for u grin literally speaking grin I know say wen e men dem go c am for the grooving ground dem go Dey hail say baba I think say u been Dey prison o?!? Baba go reply Money is the key to opening all doors cheesy prison doors included grin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by millionboi2: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
If nobody close to u have appear like this..........u will make heaven.

2 Likes

Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by Tchange1(m): 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
shiki:
According to MAX FM,
The reason for the arrest was forging of fake medical report to help a victim in efcc custody to secure a medical treatment abroad

Nigeria which way forward
Re: H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin by voltron14: 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
And that was how they lost their jobs.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Karma Comes In The Form Of A Masculine Gay Rapist / EFCC Nabs SSG's Brother With N60m Cash In Car Boot - Photos / Prison Lords: Even As Kirikiri Inmates, They Coordinate Robberies In Lagos (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.