Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides (41659 Views)

Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides / Names Of Osinbajo’s Aides Fired By Buhari / Sack Of Osinbajo’s Aides Causes Tension In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Nwaonyishi69: 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
My own concern is a part revelation of how this country is being ripped off. How can the office of the vice president keep more than 100 aids? What and what would they be doing for the bogus salaries that make people leave top professional jobs to become aids? Yet only 35 were sacked or redeployed. Then the president has thousands of aids, ministers tens of them, principal officers of the houses of Parliament keep fifties of them. Then what will be left for health, education, infrastructure and even basic welfare rights. The nation is doomed beyond repair.

1 Like

Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Gandollaar(f): 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Joylove2324:

Keep fooling yourself omo ale yiibo
E pain am wella grin
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by madridsta007(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Some aides of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who were recently relieved of their duties by the presidency, have lamented the injustice meted out to them by some powerful forces working for President Muhammadu Buhari.

Some of the affected aides who spoke with Daily Independent on Tuesday said they had suffered physical, emotional, financial and psychological trauma by their sack which, they believed, was done without President Buhari’s knowledge.

Speaking with our correspondent, one of the affected aides who didn’t want his name in print, said he was given the appointment in August this year and was told to report in the vice president’s office.

They also attributed their sack to intense rivalry and power play in the presidency. He said he had to resign from his job, leave his base in Lagos, and relocate to Abuja in order to take up the appointment.

“We were actually issued a sack letter but we refused to accept the letter which was given to us after the president had gone for vacation. We all believed it was done without the knowledge of the president.

“I was among the aides who were appointed in August. Later we were told there are no vacancies in the Villa so were posted to various ministries where our experiences will be needed.

“I was posted to a ministry (name withheld) and I was accepted there. I was already settling down only for me to hear that we have been relieved of our jobs.

“Contrary to rumours out there that we were sacked because there were no spaces in the ministries, many of us had already been accepted. We believe it (the sack) has political undertones.

“When I got this appointment, I had to resign from my job and move to Abuja. Since I came here, I have spent millions of naira on hotel bills, transportation and other expenses.

“I have been ridiculed by some friends who are wondering why I was offered an appointment in August only to be sacked in November of the same year without committing any infractions.

“I have since returned to my base in Lagos because it is of no use staying back in Abuja. Hotels in Abuja are very expensive and cost of living is very high. I will only return after the issue has been resolved.

“I am a staunch member of the APC and I worked vigorously for the success of the party in 2015 and the 2019 general elections. This is definitely not a good way to reward me,” he said.

Speaking in a similar vein, another female aide whose appointment was also terminated, said she went through the same harrowing experience too as her business suffered during the period she was in Abuja.

She was, however, optimistic that the vice-president would sort out the issue with the president and that they would be recalled.

“There is still light at the end of the tunnel. The president may be right when he said we were not sacked but redeployed to other ministries.

“That was what happened before he left the country. But after that a powerful person in the presidency issued us sack letters. We believe the vice president is on top of the situation.

“For me, I was highly disappointed and traumatized. Imagine my name being circulated in the media that I was sacked a month after I got an appointment for committing no offence.

“I have also spent a lot of money while my businesses have suffered since I moved to Abuja. Many of us believe that justice will prevail in the end.”

Shortly after he returned from his private visit to London, President Muhammadu Buhari explained why 35 of Osinbajo’s aides were sacked.

Fielding questions from State House correspondents at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, shortly after his arrival from London on Friday night, President Buhari described as unfortunate the rumour that the aides were sacked due to political and ethnic reasons.

“They said 35 people were sacked in the vice president’s office. We just created some ministries and we reorganized and people are giving it ethnic and political dimensions. It is unfortunate,” he said.

Also, the presidency, in a statement by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, said an unprecedented overhaul of the nation’s seat of government was ongoing and had resulted in a number of political appointments either revoked or not renewed in Buhari’s second term.

The exercise, which, according to him, was ordered by the president, was meant to streamline decision-making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the high cost of administering the nation.

“It is also an appropriate response to the general perception that the presidency has an oversized and bloated workforce, which acts as a drag on efficiency,” he had said.

He had added: “As may have been noticed by discerning members of the public, a number of political appointees among the few that served in the office of the president were not returned for the second term.

“The office of the Vice President, His Excellency Yemi Osinbajo, has, in compliance with the directive of the president, equally been shed of a number of such appointees.

“In carrying out these exercises, the overriding objective is to save taxpayer money and deliver needed service to the public.

“As far as the president is concerned, there is no scope for an excuse for administration after getting a huge mandate to run the country for four more years.”

On the alleged rift between the two top citizens, he said: “In the light of this, the presidency wishes to strongly deny rumours of a rift between President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

“The relationship between the two leaders remains excellent and trusting. Together, they will script a glorious future for the nation.

“The media reports of a soured relationship are originating from the minds and mouths of mischief makers, who are desperate for entertaining stories from the Aso Rock Villa with which to titillate the public.”
https://www.independent.ng/we-were-humiliated-traumatised-sacked-osinbajos-aides/

Nothing of this happened.

This is PDP propaganda.
You guys were not sacked. You are still working in Aso Rock, hand in hand with the Presidency to make Nigeria great again.
Laolu said you were not sacked.

We don’t believe. undecided
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Gandollaar(f): 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
ojokolax:
I'm not a fan of the Social Media Bill but really some persons need to be hanged. How much are you paid to write a fiction that has not an ounce of verifiable facts?
Anyways, since there are so many who have little memory let us remind them of the true facts:

1) Abba Kyari tried to have the VP aides sacked
2) Abba bullied the SGF into actually printing the said letters
3) All media houses went to town with the tale especially Daily Trust
4) Buhari got wind of the scenario and cut short his trip by two days to deliver the biggest crushing blow to the Kabal; VP AIDES NOT SACKED BUT REDEPLOYED TO INCREASE PERFORMANCE

https://www.chronicle.ng/2019/11/buhari-questions-sack-of-35-aides-in-vps-office/

https://www.chronicle.ng/2019/11/ignore-reports-that-35-vp-aides-sacked/

IN CLOSING; If anyone tells you he's been running up hotel bills and their business is failing, wouldn't y'all think those persons should actually be let go as they clearly show lack of coordination to actually aide the VP in bettering the lot of Nigerians?
Your last paragraph, most govt appointees usually hang in hotels until an accommodation or money is provided to rent a space. But the government pays.
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Bobbyfreshh(m): 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
anonimi:

You mean that he is one of those e-warriors on the miserable N30,000 BMC job shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6357739_img20171202120050_jpeg6ecfd3f82fd9c8a51481d8dcf4a16a70

Sure thing the zombie said he's the one being copied by the BMC not the other way round

1 Like

Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Enemyofpeace: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
Abeg make i hear word jo, the time they were enjoying the office did they lament or call me to come follow them enjoy?now that things have changed they should also enjoy it alone

Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Bobbyfreshh(m): 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
festacman:

I am not a fat head like you. I don't copy what I post from anywhere. I articulate them in line with my convictions. If you see what I posted elsewhere then it means I was copied. By the way, what exactly is Buhari Media Centre?

Fat head !!!!! Lol u mean the BMC are always fond of plagiarizing your comments .......

I ain't no flat head boy.....if anything is fat I guess that should be my pocket
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Humility017(m): 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2019
Oshin56:
I pity your condition, try to ride on but how many of you help your friends, relatives in one way or the other before the humiliation started because they are the one that will be there for you now but if you can't point to one or two people that this are the people I have help sorry is your name

osibanjo aides are the most wicked fellows...

there is one of his SSA I pleaded wit him....then when I was still looking for job...just for a recommendation letter from him or anyone he can help me with to aid my quest for a job....

this man snub me like never.... I kept pleading but to no avail....

and now you see them crying of being sacked...
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by slimfit1(m): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
ArticleBeast:

Take ur meds...

Give me your mum's
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by ArticleBeast: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
slimfit1:

Give me your mum's
Eyeah u need more meds. I pity your dead mum
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by BanevsJoker(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
ojokolax:
bull crap!!! what further trouble could they be in seeing that they are already sacked and in debt? when your tale is riddled in holes be glad that folks don't know your real name to shame you properly

They could be arrested and charged with Treason or Hate Speech.
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by OyiboOyibo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
Super stories.....You got an appointment,lodged in a hotel with expensive bills.... expecting free monies abi...Greedy Nigerians
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by osusuallstars: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Political touts and toutress protesting
How much will be your salary a month that you claimed spent millions on hotel bills ...Barawo
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by slimfit1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
ArticleBeast:

Eyeah u need more meds. I pity your dead mum

She is ok alive and kicking sorry about your dead mum.
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
A harvest of wastefulness.Ministers,aides,senior special assistants,special assistants,personal secretaries,pa to pa....money guzzling rubbish.

I noticed all the names on that list are yoruba names.
Stinking nepotism.See how that guy said he supported them in 2015 so this is to be his reward.
Share the money.
Yet the country is broke.
Or so they say

This country is doomed abeg.
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by alaira(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2019
They should please tidy up the jobs at the presidency[i][/i]
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Advancedman(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Stop complaining so that Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari don't get angry again

Do you want to put Osinbajo in more troubles ? Habba grin

They said they weren't sacked that they were still at their duty post when it was obvious then.
Now why are they crying?
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by ajepako(f): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
So ?

We should sympathize with you abi?

When you were all secretly recruited , did you tell us?

Or when poor Nigerians were only given N-Power jobs, did you act?

God punish una..

1 Like

Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by pixey(m): 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
“I am a staunch member of the APC and I worked vigorously for the
success of the party in 2015 and the 2019 general elections. This is
definitely not a good way to reward me,” This quote shows how he worked for his own self interest to the detriment of his country.I have no sympathy for the likes of you.
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Oshin56(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
Humility017:

osibanjo aides are the most wicked fellows...

there is one of his SSA I pleaded wit him....then when I was still looking for job...just for a recommendation letter from him or anyone he can help me with to aid my quest for a job....

this man snub me like never.... I kept pleading but to no avail....

and now you see them crying of being sacked...
but someone here was justify evil thinking he is doing someone not knowing he is doing himself reply me that they were appointed August and later sacked them few month after there appointment as if they were not there last four years.
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Basher8583: 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
Racoon:

shocked grin grin So you now agreed that there is indeed a power play in which the VP is now the pawn?

These're the same people who alongside the mummified zombies of this useless government have endlessly denied their sack by the Abba Kyari-led presidential cabal as propaganda? Guess reality is clearer now?

You seem to have no other job than wailing.... Your journey is very long oh
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:56am On Nov 28, 2019
Advancedman:

They said they weren't sacked that they were still at their duty post when it was obvious then.
Now why are they crying?
grin
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by TheMostComplex1: 4:16am On Nov 28, 2019
Noted
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by TheMostComplex1: 4:19am On Nov 28, 2019
madridsta007:

Nothing of this happened.

This is PDP propaganda.
You guys were not sacked. You are still working in Aso Rock, hand in hand with the Presidency to make Nigeria great again.
Laolu said you were not sacked.

We don’t believe. undecided

Hahaha

1 Like

Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by Uchek(m): 6:41am On Nov 28, 2019
God bless you for this post
Nwaonyishi69:
My own concern is a part revelation of how this country is being ripped off. How can the office of the vice president keep more than 100 aids? What and what would they be doing for the bogus salaries that make people leave top professional jobs to become aids? Yet only 35 were sacked or redeployed. Then the president has thousands of aids, ministers tens of them, principal officers of the houses of Parliament keep fifties of them. Then what will be left for health, education, infrastructure and even basic welfare rights. The nation is doomed beyond repair.
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by madridsta007(m): 7:45am On Nov 28, 2019
TheMostComplex1:

Hahaha

Ehen na.
It’s PDP propaganda. Laolu tweeted that nothing of that sort happened. Ignore them. Whether they like it or not, Buhari, Abba Kyari, Osinbajo will take Nigeria to the next level.
Re: We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides by sylve11: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2019
clarocuzioo:
When this news first broke out,APC online MISCREANTS headed by MANNERBBQGRILLS were all over the media space calling it a rumour, and even went ahead insulting people that knows nothing about this unnecessarily, denying it's occurrence in it's entirety, but today it has become a fact and reality.

My people based on precedence, any news calls a rumour, please know that it is true, his definition of truth is rumours.

grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Reacts To Saraki Exit From APC / Nnamdi Kanu Is Sick, Needs Urgent Medical Attention - Lawyer, Ejiofor / How Will Someone Pay 100m To Secure A Job Of 56M In 4yrs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.