Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,311 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team (41265 Views)

Super Eagles Team Jet Out In Style To London. See List Of 25 Man Squad. Photos / Mikel Obi, Super Eagles Team Arrive Russia Ahead Of Match Against Argentina.PICS / Super Eagles Team Train In Uyo Ahead Of Epic Zambia Clash. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by DonBenny77(m): 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
When the game was played by men
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Renforce: 11:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
Larryfest:
I sight Mr Garba Lawal there, just thought of him about a week ago sef wondering where the hell he is

After many Nations cup they just added Mr in his name

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by do4luv14(m): 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2019
o be headmaster dey near papilo so, with that him gorimapa
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by saajus: 12:00am On Nov 27, 2019
This should be Nations Cup 2000. See Mr. Garba, very lucky guy

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Olarewaju89: 12:02am On Nov 27, 2019
The real men of those days grin grin
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by obiem(m): 12:07am On Nov 27, 2019
wesley80:
JayJay, Oliseh, Kanu, Garba Lawal, Taribo West, Victor Agali, Victor Ikpeba, Finidi George and Celestine Babayaro.

Japan/Korea 2002 world cup training camp
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by EXOUSIAng: 12:16am On Nov 27, 2019
naptu2:
It's interesting seeing people praise this team. Back then (in 2001/2002) most Nigerians were viciously condemning this team. They almost lost qualification to Liberia! Do you remember the game against Ghana in Accra and the controversy in Port Harcourt? They ultimately performed badly at the Nations Cup in Mali (although I believe that was the fault of the officials and not the players). People were longing for the days of the Super Eagles of 1993-1998.
Boss now we know better, these kids we have now are nothing super, matter of fact, I dont see no eagle in them kids
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by WildChild00(m): 12:35am On Nov 27, 2019
Larryfest:
I sight Mr Garba Lawal there, just thought of him about a week ago sef wondering where the hell he is

Mr. Lawal grin
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by BENEAMATA: 12:47am On Nov 27, 2019
Larryfest:
ohhh , garba . . . . . . Beta pikin . Mister selfless . Team before individual always . What mourinho would have done with the guy in his prime , i can only imagine .mr chindo .
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by degamemaster(m): 12:47am On Nov 27, 2019
koolib:
Legends everywhere

Notice one thing, most of them are married as that time and they performed very well but these our current squad now are mostly single men but hardly perform well like their older colleagues.

Could it be what am thinking ?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by mysticwarrior(m): 12:52am On Nov 27, 2019
adecz:

The nigerian team that won the
Nations Cup of 1994, under
Westerhoff were the best team ever..

Amokachi, Keshi, Rufai, Siasia, Finidi,
Iroha, Eguavoen, Yekini, Uche & others.

In the World Cup that same year,
they were about 5 minutes away from
qualifying for ¼ finals against Italy, but
oyibo use ojoro give Italy penalty

Am I communicating?
yes you are

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by edgecution(m): 12:53am On Nov 27, 2019
All of you saying this is the best squad dey too young to watch 94 Set. USA 94 Set is the best.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by naptu2: 12:58am On Nov 27, 2019
EXOUSIAng:

Boss now we know better, these kids we have now are nothing super, matter of fact, I dont see no eagle in them kids

smiley That's what I mean. Back then we were longing for the 1993-1998 Eagles and thought that this team wasn't playing well. Now we long for this team and think that the team we have now are not playing well. Who knows what people will think about our current team in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Happiness98(f): 1:14am On Nov 27, 2019
Cheers to the real GOATs Nigeria has ever produced over the years.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by cruzydal(m): 1:23am On Nov 27, 2019
ImpregnaTor:
what did they achieve, did they win the world cup or something.......they are not worthy of any remembrance; what a shame!!!!!
That squad won gold in summer Olympics ,that squad won Brazil when Brazil was Brazil not now dat Brazil is casted .

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by grandstar(m): 1:31am On Nov 27, 2019
adecz:

The nigerian team that won the
Nations Cup of 1994, under
Westerhoff were the best team ever..

Amokachi, Keshi, Rufai, Siasia, Finidi,
Iroha, Eguavoen, Yekini, Uche & others.

In the World Cup that same year,
they were about 5 minutes away from
qualifying for ¼ finals against Italy, but
oyibo use ojoro give Italy penalty

Am I communicating?

No ojoro. It was a bad tackle that cost Naija the match.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Pacesetter123(m): 1:33am On Nov 27, 2019
mysticwarrior:
These are the real Super Eagles
Yes, you r correct.I think I have seen Uche Ugochukwu,E Amunike, Austin Equavon,Rufai,Oliseh, Yekini,Emenalo,Iroha,Finidi, Yekini,De Bull,etc inde pics.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Oricha79(m): 1:34am On Nov 27, 2019
workerholic left side midfielder Lawal
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Pacesetter123(m): 1:37am On Nov 27, 2019
Triniti:
This was the Super Eagles team that participated in the Mali 2002 afcon, the team was disbanded after the nations cup, stripping Oliseh off the captains armband. Finidi was dropped too, they were known as the mafia in the teams camp by the late sports minister Ishaya mark aku. Good old days
And we paid dearly in Korea/Japan 2002 for dat rash decision.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Oricha79(m): 1:53am On Nov 27, 2019
Seun4blue:

No no... This should be 2000 because majority of them were not in KoreaJapan2002
no, Agali is not part of the Ghana/ Nigeria 2000 now.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Oricha79(m): 2:06am On Nov 27, 2019
cruzydal:

That squad won gold in summer Olympics ,that squad won Brazil when Brazil was Brazil not now dat Brazil is casted .
not this squad, Atlanta 1996 squad, the dream team is different from this Mali 2002 squad
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Oricha79(m): 2:09am On Nov 27, 2019
Pacesetter123:
Yes, you r correct.I think I have seen Uche Ugochukwu,E Amunike, Austin Equavon,Rufai,Oliseh, Yekini,Emenalo,Iroha,Finidi, Yekini,De Bull,etc inde pics.
uche OKECHUKWU the gentle giant

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Caseless: 2:21am On Nov 27, 2019
You have to be a bros to play for the national team then.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Sunsets: 2:39am On Nov 27, 2019
Where is Emmanuel Amunike as well as Uche Okechukwu?
RichDad1:
If you no watch this team play , abeg no comment.
Finidi
Kanu
Oliseh
JJ
Lawal
Celestine
Taribo
Babangida
Agali
Legends overload
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by blackboy(m): 2:49am On Nov 27, 2019
You can spot legends among em. This government should make our eagles great again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by gnykelly(m): 3:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Davabhz:
See throwback picture of the super eagles of Nigeria during their training session.

source: http://nigeriainfo247.com/2019/11/26/throwback-picture-of-nigeria-super-eagles-team/20/01/40/148/categorized/admin/#more-148

all I see here are politicians
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by emmatee57(m): 4:44am On Nov 27, 2019
That was when virgins play for the nation.... now them don de even cheat join am ���
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by emmatee57(m): 4:54am On Nov 27, 2019
see preeks cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by emmatee57(m): 4:55am On Nov 27, 2019
When it was still a game for the mengrin Now opposite is the case with everyone craving after moni shocked

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by mozona(m): 6:07am On Nov 27, 2019
i sight celestine babayaro...

these are the super eagles

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Launches CR7, His First Casual Fragrance / Ryan Christie Banned For Grabbing Alfredo Morelos By The Genitals During A Match / Denis Adeleye To Represent Nigeria In Morocco Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.