Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team (41267 Views)

Super Eagles Team Jet Out In Style To London. See List Of 25 Man Squad. Photos / Mikel Obi, Super Eagles Team Arrive Russia Ahead Of Match Against Argentina.PICS / Super Eagles Team Train In Uyo Ahead Of Epic Zambia Clash. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Prymestrr(m): 6:10am On Nov 27, 2019
AmazingELixir:
undecided undecided undecided

Nonsense overhyped under_achievers..I can only sight a handful of players there that are worth my mention.
Ezii wawa...anuofia mmuo...efulefu...atara agbufuo...oluku nwuru anwu undecided undecided angry
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by gabbasin: 6:36am On Nov 27, 2019
vic17:
West
Okocha
Ikpeba
Uwankwo
Oliseh
Lawal
Finidi
I see.
And Agali
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by mechanics(m): 6:44am On Nov 27, 2019
Wow, great team.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by xcelentattitude(m): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2019
This is the only super eagles I know, the rest are super chickens

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by wonder233: 6:59am On Nov 27, 2019
Why can't Nigeria sometimes wear this white-on-green as a jersey? Not everytime the boring green-on-green

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by naptu2: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2019
wonder233:
Why can't Nigeria sometimes wear this white-on-green as a jersey? Not everytime the boring green-on-green

Nigeria's jersey system is:

Green = home jersey.

White = Away jersey

White on green or green on white = Alternate jersey.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Kakamorufu(m): 7:16am On Nov 27, 2019
this should be around 2002 or late 2001
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Kennitrust(m): 7:17am On Nov 27, 2019
In those days, we always expect to win
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by oteikwu16(m): 7:20am On Nov 27, 2019
The greatest super eagles team of all times. This was when Nigeria had a team that could compete at the highest level of football in the world, but now what we have is a team filled with Lads who cannot even lace their boots properly. Hmmmmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by wonder233: 7:35am On Nov 27, 2019
Yea, true
naptu2:

Nigeria's jersey system is:

Green = home jersey.

White = Away jersey

White on green or green on white = Alternate jersey.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by BanevsJoker(m): 7:43am On Nov 27, 2019
oneTIMEman:
When the eagles was still supper
Dinner?
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by skuribeebo: 7:45am On Nov 27, 2019
GOFRONT:
Where is Iwobi??
Indomi generation.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by miketayo(m): 7:51am On Nov 27, 2019
majamajic:
this very team won nothing !!!

96 Olympic
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by tsharp(m): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2019
The enigmatic Garba Lawal! How that dude kept being picked needs to be studied at Harvard!
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by majamajic(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2019
miketayo:

96 Olympic
this is super eagles of around 2000 not 96 , cos agali is there
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Goke7: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2019
Without a YeKini, this Super eagles team(not the u-23 Atlanta Squad) did not achieve anything. They never won a trophy so what's the hype. Apart from a Finidi, Oliseh and Okocha, Ikpeba(who were not even regulars in 1994). What did this post 1994 team achieve? Nothing.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Victoria25(f): 9:58am On Nov 27, 2019
Kanu Nwankwo.............
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by naptu2: 10:09am On Nov 27, 2019
Goke7:
Without a YeKini, this Super eagles team(not the u-23 Atlanta Squad) did not achieve anything. They never won a trophy so what's the hype. Apart from a Finidi, Oliseh and Okocha, Ikpeba(who were not even regulars in 1994). What did this post 1994 team achieve? Nothing.

I understand what you mean, but they did win a trophy without Yekini. That was the 1995 Afro-Asian Cup.

Yekini was injured for much of 1995 (he didn't take part in the Confederations Cup) and I remember that he wasn't in the second leg of the Afro-Asian Cup final in Lagos. We had already defeated Uzbekistan 2-3 in the first leg in Tashkent, but I was worried when we were at 0-0 with Uzbekistan in Lagos. Our two most dangerous players (in my opinion), Yekini and Amunike were not on the pitch. Then Amodu brought in Amunike towards the end of the match and he scored with his first touch to give Nigeria the Afro-Asian Cup title.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Tensionstar(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2019
Sirdan19ad:
gone are the days when we can mention all our national team players and there position...

the last nation's cup... I didn't even know up to 5 of our players....

exactly, you took these words out of my mouth.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by witworth(m): 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
Green and white all the time, and no be say the country dey ok at all.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Retrography(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
Larryfest:
I sight Mr Garba Lawal there, just thought of him about a week ago sef wondering where the hell he is
Garba Lawal is a coach somewhere. He was interviewed by Brila Fm during the African cup on nations.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Jcemmyu: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
Davabhz:
See throwback picture of the super eagles of Nigeria during their training session.

source: http://nigeriainfo247.com/2019/11/26/throwback-picture-of-nigeria-super-eagles-team/20/01/40/148/categorized/admin/#more-148

When men were men
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by Boyooosa(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
The Super Eagles...
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by benjanny(m): 2:56am On Nov 28, 2019
I can only identify Taribo West Austine Okocha Sunday Ogochukwu Olise Nwankwo Kanu Victor Agali Celestine Babayaro Gabba Lawal
Re: Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team by adecz: 9:18am On Nov 28, 2019
grandstar:

No ojoro. It was a bad tackle that cost Naija the match.

It was a fair challenge.

On the other hand, at such dying
minutes, if it was the Italians that made
such a "tackle" against Nigeria, on the
Italian side, would they have given the
African team a penalty?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ryan Christie Banned For Grabbing Alfredo Morelos By The Genitals During A Match / Denis Adeleye To Represent Nigeria In Morocco Championship / Lionel Messi Buys New Private Jet Reportedly Worth $15 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.