Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event (570 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed / President Ramaphosa Booed At Mugabe's Burial (Photos) / Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by Essential(m): 12:47am On Nov 27, 2019
First lady was booed while delivering remarks at a youth opioid awareness event in Baltimore on Tuesday.
Melania Trump remarks on opioids at B’More Youth Summit
Jeers from some members of the
audience could be heard as
Trump wrapped up a brief speech
at the B'More Youth Summit.
Trump was "greeted with some
cheers but also a resounding
chorus of loud boos, which lasted
for about one minute" from the
crowd of more than 1,000 middle
and high schoolers, according to a
press pool report.
Despite that, crowd of school kid
boos First Lady as she walks on
stage.
Kate Bennett In my three years covering at events, that was the worst booing she has received at a public event where she has give
solo remark.
At youth opioid awareness in Baltimore for a speech
attendees mostly of high and middle school age, was loudly booed upon introduction. Booing could be heard throughout her five min remarks.
Trump issued a statement on
Tuesday following the Baltimore
event, the Associated Press
reported. "We live in a democracy
and everyone is entitled to their
opinion," Trump said, "but the
fact is we have a serious crisis in
our country and I remain
committed to educating children
on the dangers and deadly
consequences of drug abuse."
Trump has made battling opioid
abuse one of the key pillars of her
wide-ranging "Be Best" children's wellness initiative that she launched last year. She's traveled across the country and visited hospitals and community centers to discuss the nationwide epidemic.
"I hope that the knowledge you
gain here will help you tackle the tough decisions you may be faced with, so that you can lead a healthy and drug-free life," Trump told attendees at Tuesday's summit.
"Get involved and be a part of the solution," Trump urged the
audience. "Talk to your family and friends about what you have learned and help them
understand how they too can be
part of this powerful movement."Melania Trump appearance at the opioid event in Baltimore comes months after her husband made disparaging comments about the Maryland city.
While feuding in July with the
late Rep. (D-Md.),
who represented the area before
his death last month,
tweeted that Baltimore was a "disgusting, rat and rodent
infested mess."
Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by TheSourcerer: 1:31am On Nov 27, 2019
I love Opium
Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by ursullalinda(f): 1:37am On Nov 27, 2019
This is why I love Americans......they don't want you....they don't want you.....unlike us ......we hail our enemies simply because he belongs to our favourite party....while dying in silence.....

4 Likes

Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by budaatum: 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
ursullalinda:
This is why I love Americans......they don't want you....they don't want you.....unlike us ......we hail our enemies simply because he belongs to our favourite party....while dying in silence.....
Lol! As if trump is not the enemy of some of his hailers who are dying in silence.

Go check out soyabean farmers. They are solidly behind him despite many commuting suicide because of his policies.

2 Likes

Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by panafrican(m): 4:11am On Nov 29, 2019
The drug addicted crowd booed her , not understanding she is not responsible for the opiods crisis. She did not tell anyone to take those chemicals in their body.
Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by Lucasbalo(m): 4:52am On Nov 29, 2019
panafrican:
The drug addicted crowd booed her , not understanding she is not responsible for the opiods crisis. She did not tell anyone to take those chemicals in their body.
I bet you your lips must be Orange now from kissing the rear of the Racist Orange pig you worship. Panafrican man that loves a racist pig who think of Africa as a shiiithole. Kudos to you. The likes of Marcus Garvey must be rolling in his grave for that fake moniker you use. Would like to see your face and see the real Uncle Tom.

3 Likes

Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by armyofone(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2019
Happy Thanksgiving Lucas.

Lucasbalo:
I bet you your lips must be Orange now from kissing the rear of the Racist Orange pig you worship. Panafrican man that loves a racist pig who think of Africa as a shiiithole. Kudos to you. The likes of Marcus Garvey must be rolling in his grave for that fake moniker you use. Would like to see your face and see the real Uncle Tom.
Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by Lucasbalo(m): 9:13am On Nov 29, 2019
armyofone:
Happy Thanksgiving Lucas.

Happy Thanksgiving my Sister. How are you and family doing ?. Semper Fi.
Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by panafrican(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
Lucasbalo:
Is she guilty for marrying someone they hate ?
She is just a young lady who recently immigrated to the US some 20 years ago .
Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by Lucasbalo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
panafrican:

Is she guilty for marrying someone they hate ?
She is just a young lady who recently immigrated to the US some 20 years ago .
I didn't see you foam in the mouth when the Nazis and the White Nationalists you adore were calling Michelle Obama monkey out of Africa. I didn't see you turn pale in the face when you were referring to President Obama as a Kenyan just like the vile racist Trump you adored. Melania deserved all the scorn she got because she's an adult and I remember when she was parroting the Birther Junk on ABC View. So hush your trap and keep supporting the racist that think of people like you as a gorilla out of the African Jungle.

1 Like

Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by panafrican(m): 11:59pm On Nov 30, 2019
Michelle Obama monkey of Africa?
Just let them know they also came from Africa, less than 10000 years ago. It is very recent compared the age of the universe ( 13.8 billion years).
She is one of the most educated Americans.
Last but not least saying Obama is a Kenyan is not an insult the same way saying Trump is a German is not an insult. It is about the origin of the father or the ancestors.
Re: First Lady Melania Trump Booed At Opioids Event by Lucasbalo(m): 4:41am On Dec 01, 2019
panafrican:
Michelle Obama monkey of Africa?
Just let them know they also came from Africa, less than 10000 years ago. It is very recent compared the age of the universe ( 13.8 billion years).
She is one of the most educated Americans.
Last but not least saying Obama is a Kenyan is not an insult the same way saying Trump is a German is not an insult. It is about the origin of the father or the ancestors.
My point is that you can call out the people in Baltimore that were booing Melania but you never defended Michelle when the racists in America were calling her monkey. See the double standard. Michelle is s very well educated sister unlike some Eastern European ( Melania ) who lies about getting a college degree in Architecture. Like husband like wife, bunch of pathological lying scums.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Covid19 : Britain May Sue China For £351 Billion Over Corona Virus / President Beatup Minister For Allegedly Squandering Covid19 Fund / Wait For It ..."donald Trump Is 91% Certain To Win Us Election"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.