Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

AAUA Masscomm Students Get Dress Code - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AAUA Masscomm Students Get Dress Code (530 Views)

Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage / University Of Ilorin Dress Code: Bans Cleavage, Tattoos, Leggings, Heavy Makeup / UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AAUA Masscomm Students Get Dress Code by Peezol: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Mass Communication Department of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko has recommended a dress code for its students.

The Adviser for the 100 level students for the 2018/2019 academic session, Mr Adintoyin Adinlewa made the disclosure.

He berated the indecent way most of the students were dressing, saying it has made other lecturers in the department to come up with an idea of putting an end to the indecent dressing with the introduction of a dress code which will change the orientation of the students in terms of dressing.

He said: “the Acting Head of Department, Dr. John Oyewole, and the lecturers in the department have come up with the conclusion of the dress code that would be put in place beginning from next academic session.

“The department dress code as of next semester which is 2019/2020 academic session is Purple shirt and black trouser or black skirt!,” he said.

He stated that failure to adhere to this would attract punishment adding that students must dress well, and look nice so as to portray and sustain the good name and fame of the department and the university at large.

In an interview with an 100 level student of the department, Damisi Flourish, said “students dress the way they did because that is what they had.

Also, Ojo Timothy, a 100level Mass Communication student said; “Sometimes I dress to copy the way my friends dressed, imagine me dressing corporate among my friends who usually wear jeans, sneakers, sandals etc.

“I do feel inferior being among them with my corporate. Anytime I wore it and am with them, they make jest of me, So I decided not to wear it again, then I started disliking corporate wears since the department did not make it mandatory”, he said.

(1) (Reply)

Second Degree In Mbbs / OAU: The Sustained Management's Indecision, A Case Of Complicity / Download Your Jamb 2020 Syllabus For Physics Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.