Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings (2620 Views)

Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? / Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law / Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings by Dereformer(m): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Liztee:
I've been married for 2years plus now, but I've not been truly happy because my husband doesn't like calling my parents to greet them, also he doesn't ask me if I've heard from anyone of them ? He hasn't visited them since after our wedding. Is this right? He only calls them if I travel to greet them or if I go for an occasion.
When I questioned him about it, he said its not good to be too close to in-laws, that it won't make him to be honoured. This man is in his late thirties.

Please how much was paid on your head as bride price? Be kind enough to provide this info and I will provide my comment.
Re: Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings by crackhaus: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
sassysure:

Will it hurt you if your wife don't call your old man or mum? Or only chip in when u are with them on the phone?
Not at all, simply because there is always going to be a reason for my wife to want to call them besides just chipping in when I'm with them on the phone (not like I have any issues with this being the only time).
But anytime she tells me she has any health scare, I just tell her to call my mother to get a diagnosis, drug prescriptions, or just medical advise. Easy.

As for my pops, he's even the one to do most of the calling - that man is too playful with everybody and he's fond of checking up on people, his call time never runs out.
Sometimes I wish I was like that sef.

1 Like

Re: Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
crackhaus:

Not at all, simply because there is always going to be a reason for my wife to want to call them besides just chipping in when I'm with them on the phone (not like I have any issues with this being the only time).
But anytime she tells me she has any health scare, I just tell her to call my mother to get a diagnosis, drug prescriptions, or just medical advise. Easy.

As for my pops, he's even the one to do most of the calling - that man is too playful with everybody and he's fond of checking up on people, his call time never runs out.
Sometimes I wish I was like that sef.
Hmm, a sanguine is people friendly and if your wife is such, she will be calling them always. Deny her that and u will make her unhappy. I grew up having so much respect for elders. If I'm in town,I do visit quite a number of them so I wonder how I will feel if I don't call my mother or father in law.

There is one mummy that is hardly related to my husband's people except that the family friendships spans when they were still single. As mummsy no dey, she comfortably took the role of mummsy. If I call this lady, she will be so happy. She don't need anybody's money. One of the ruling families of naija. She just want to hear your voice. This is what they want. Just to hear that voice saying mama, how are u. Not calling bc my husband is on the phone with her. Most parents want that.
Look at your dad, as u don't call, he is calling. It stabilizes their blood pressure. I have seen cases where they cry that their son in laws hardly call them. It's not good abeg.
We will be like them one day.

My husband don't call anybody. Only his dad and most time it's the old man calling. I push him to call and visit. U must call o. He will be whinning that I'm disturbing his life but secretly he loves that I push him to do things like that especially as the first born.Others can afford to misbehave but not him.
Re: Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings by crackhaus: 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2019
sassysure:

Hmm, a sanguine is people friendly and if your wife is such, she will be calling them always. Deny her that and u will make her unhappy. I grew up having so much respect for elders. If I'm in town,I do visit quite a number of them so I wonder how I will feel if I don't call my mother or father in law.

There is one mummy that is hardly related to my husband's people except that the family friendships spans when they were still single. As mummsy no dey, she comfortably took the role of mummsy. If I call this lady, she will be so happy. She don't need anybody's money. One of the ruling families of naija. She just want to hear your voice. This is what they want. Just to hear that voice saying mama, how are u. Not calling bc my husband is on the phone with her. Most parents want that.
Look at your dad, as u don't call, he is calling. It stabilizes their blood pressure. I have seen cases where they cry that their son in laws hardly call them. It's not good abeg.
We will be like them one day.

My husband don't call anybody. Only his dad and most time it's the old man calling. I push him to call and visit. U must call o. He will be whinning that I'm disturbing his life but secretly he loves that I push him to do things like that especially as the first born.Others can afford to misbehave but not him.
I can very well relate with this.
In fact, visiting is a stress trigger for me.. cheesy Once I know I have to visit someone, I start thinking of excuses and even manufacturing reasons to postpone it.

With calling, I'm getting better - I think IM apps affected me so badly that I deliberately began avoiding & using them to contact family & friends.
This way, I'm now calling more instead of just texting.

I've been on both sides though, so I can understand people who are not so good at calling - which is why I hardly take it personal when someone does not call me often.
There's room for improvement anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings by TheArchangel(f): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
if i.am.the husband ,na you go tire,you think it is everyone that likes calling like that,some people don't even call their own parents,and everyone is fine
As if I care.
Re: Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
crackhaus:

I can very well relate with this.
In fact, visiting is a stress trigger for me.. cheesy Once I know I have to visit someone, I start thinking of excuses and even manufacturing reasons to postpone it.

With calling, I'm getting better - I think IM apps affected me so badly that I deliberately began avoiding & using them to contact family & friends.
This way, I'm now calling more instead of just texting.

I've been on both sides, so I can understand people who are not so good at calling - which is why I hardly take it personal when someone does not call me often.
There's room for improvement anyway.

Now u are talking. There is room for improvement kiss

Her husband should improve small small. With time, he will get there.
Re: Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings by crackhaus: 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2019
sassysure:

Now u are talking. There is room for improvement kiss

Her husband should improve small small. With time, he will get there.
Lol cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could This Be Witchcraft? / Advise Me On Brands For My Washing Machine And Fridge (double Door) / Man Financially Responsible For His Ex-Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.